Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Script purchased pvp Armor for each class.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 12, 2012
There should be Armor for script to match the new weapons that is in the PVP area.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
mparks08 on Dec 31, 2015 wrote:
There should be Armor for script to match the new weapons that is in the PVP area.
Many champions already have excellent gear and with the addition of the season champ weapons, they are difficult to beat; adding armor would make them OP, IMO.

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
hmm an interesting topic that we will need to look further into.

Ensign
Dec 12, 2012
anecorbie on Dec 31, 2015 wrote:
Many champions already have excellent gear and with the addition of the season champ weapons, they are difficult to beat; adding armor would make them OP, IMO.
Yes the champions do have excellent season weapons, and what ever gear they have maybe great, that anyone can get. As their reward for their time and hard work getting the rank, they are granted the chance to earn and purchase a unique weapon that also helps stand out from the rest. Of course is never going to be easy for any new guy to step in and get in one night. Plus usually when you find a unique weapon there is normally a set of gear to match with it. Considering all the time and effort they would have to put in to gain all the rank and script required to acquire it, can you really give a legit reason to why they would have deserve it by then. I don't even have a champ rank, and I can see that they would. Yes in turn, this could possibly make it harder to get the rank if I end up going against someone that does already have something like this. But that would only be an issue for the one the who set up who your allowed to pvp against. Maybe someone should set that Champions only pvp against Champions for the rank system, or set it that you can gain rank but not loss rank for the times that you do go against someone that trumps your current gear. Although, for most people, this is usually called tactics.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
mparks08 on Feb 14, 2016 wrote:
Yes the champions do have excellent season weapons, and what ever gear they have maybe great, that anyone can get. As their reward for their time and hard work getting the rank, they are granted the chance to earn and purchase a unique weapon that also helps stand out from the rest. Of course is never going to be easy for any new guy to step in and get in one night. Plus usually when you find a unique weapon there is normally a set of gear to match with it. Considering all the time and effort they would have to put in to gain all the rank and script required to acquire it, can you really give a legit reason to why they would have deserve it by then. I don't even have a champ rank, and I can see that they would. Yes in turn, this could possibly make it harder to get the rank if I end up going against someone that does already have something like this. But that would only be an issue for the one the who set up who your allowed to pvp against. Maybe someone should set that Champions only pvp against Champions for the rank system, or set it that you can gain rank but not loss rank for the times that you do go against someone that trumps your current gear. Although, for most people, this is usually called tactics.
Unfortunately I know some Champions who could get the gear you're proposing in one week - all they do is ranked PVP.
It's bad enough facing a champion with those weapons, it takes real skill and luck to beat them ( though it's possible ), but what you're suggesting would put them in the "OP" category, as in no amount of skill, luck or strategy can give you a chance to win.
There is at the moment no champion v champion category in ranked PVP, though it's possible this may be added at a later date ( if KI sees a need for it. )

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
It would make champions very difficult to beat and getting to that rank even harder, why waste time creating new armour when we can use the existing work and let KI advance the storyline