Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Remove Season Rankings / Add Leaderboards

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 02, 2016
There are not enough players to justify a seasonal reset in pvp rankings. It is almost impossible to hit champion with the current system. To incentivize player participation, they should remove rank resets and add a permanent ranked pvp leaderboard like Wizard101. The pro to this system is that players will still participate in ranked pvp even if there are not any rewards they would like to have. The con with this system is that it promotes boosting. However, Pirate101 is a small community. There isn't much way to stop boosting but the community itself will know who is legit and who isn't. In my opinion, the pro outweighs the con, and we can have an active ranked community again if leaderboards are added without a rank reset.

Ensign
Jun 10, 2016
Sign me up. I would like to do ranked on Pirate all day and try to hit #1 on the leaderboards.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Why anyone would want to add something that encourages more boosting is beyond me. Players already know who the boosters are & why they boost ( certainly not for the glory of being Champion ) but for the rewards.
Which is why these present rewards are inadequate.
Undoubtably, we need more competitors, but having leader boards isn't the way to do it. Adding spectating and 4v4 PVP as well as tournaments; even adding crafting will do this.

Ensign
Oct 02, 2016
anecorbie on Oct 21, 2019 wrote:
Why anyone would want to add something that encourages more boosting is beyond me. Players already know who the boosters are & why they boost ( certainly not for the glory of being Champion ) but for the rewards.
Which is why these present rewards are inadequate.
Undoubtably, we need more competitors, but having leader boards isn't the way to do it. Adding spectating and 4v4 PVP as well as tournaments; even adding crafting will do this.
1. The leaderboards is a way to get players to play ranked pvp without the need of any rewards.
2. The leaderboards keep players who already have all the rewards to keep playing.
3. Spectating is good to see if there are legit players, but it's bad because it promotes setting.
4. A boosted ranked community is better than no ranked community. ( A perception of an active ranked community is all that is needed to promote even a slight growth of increased match making for a casual player doing ranked.)
5. If players know who the boosters are, the players can use their own judgement on who the real #1 player is.
6. Pirate101 is not an Esport, the integrity of the ranked pvp system doesn't really matter. A leaderboard just gives a player something to do when they are bored.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Nextgenpowerblast on Oct 27, 2019 wrote:
1. The leaderboards is a way to get players to play ranked pvp without the need of any rewards.
2. The leaderboards keep players who already have all the rewards to keep playing.
3. Spectating is good to see if there are legit players, but it's bad because it promotes setting.
4. A boosted ranked community is better than no ranked community. ( A perception of an active ranked community is all that is needed to promote even a slight growth of increased match making for a casual player doing ranked.)
5. If players know who the boosters are, the players can use their own judgement on who the real #1 player is.
6. Pirate101 is not an Esport, the integrity of the ranked pvp system doesn't really matter. A leaderboard just gives a player something to do when they are bored.
Leaderboards are only an "ego boost", really,do you need to show-off more than having that "Champion" badge?
I sincerely hope that Wizard style PVP isn't coming here to Pirate.
How is a boosting PVP community better? If anything, it's worse because those trying to fight for the first time, get no matches.

Most PVP competitors are already well equipped and have the strategy to face many classes; setting would have no advantage here as it does in W101.