Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Questions on FS3/QD3/I3 and hidden

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
1) How far away to the talents FS3/QD3/I3 see/detect hidden units?

2) Is there a 100% chance that they will see/detect the hidden units?

3) When the hidden units are seen, are they visible to the rest of your Pirates team and/or Group?

4) Can they only see hidden types that are the same type (ie Melee, Musketeer, Magic)?

5) Can they only see the hidden units just before they attack?

One of the reasons for the questions is a hidden Buccaneer moved next to my Bonnie Anne (she had QD3) waited one turn and then attacked without being seen. In another case, a hidden Swashbuckler moved next to Ratbeard (he had FS3) and he attacked that same move without being seen until he attacked. Ratbeard's FS3 (First Strike 3) was triggered and they exchanged FS for awhile till his real attack began and Ratbeard was defeated.

Developer
The Helpful Pirate on Aug 13, 2015 wrote:

3) When the hidden units are seen, are they visible to the rest of your Pirates team and/or Group?

4) Can they only see hidden types that are the same type (ie Melee, Musketeer, Magic)?

One of the reasons for the questions is a hidden Buccaneer moved next to my Bonnie Anne (she had QD3) waited one turn and then attacked without being seen. In another case, a hidden Swashbuckler moved next to Ratbeard (he had FS3) and he attacked that same move without being seen until he attacked. Ratbeard's FS3 (First Strike 3) was triggered and they exchanged FS for awhile till his real attack began and Ratbeard was defeated.
1) They don't see hidden units until the moment they attack you.

2/3) Yes, the hide effect is removed entirely, 100% of the time.

4) Correct, they can only see units/attacks of the same type.

5) Yep.

All of the above answers should explain the scenarios you outlined.

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
The Helpful Pirate on Aug 13, 2015 wrote:

1)Depends on the range of the attack)FS3 has a range of one, and I3/QD3 relies on the user's range.
2) When triggered, yes.
3) Yes
4)Yes(FS3 can only be used on a hidden melee attack, etc.)
5)apparently that is a yes also XD