Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

question about witch hunter

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2011
Is witch hunter only supposed to activate when I directly target an enemy that has it? In the past, in PVP, if I did a mojo storm or other AOE spell, it would not activate unless I directly targeted the enemy. Now, in PVP, when I was facing a buccaneer, it activated when I did a mojo storm even though I did not target him ( he was off the center of the square)

Developer
It will activate if you are affected by a Magic-type attack (and has always worked that way, I believe).

Of course you must be in range to counter-attack the source.

Lieutenant
Nov 21, 2010
Ratbeard on Sep 14, 2015 wrote:
It will activate if you are affected by a Magic-type attack (and has always worked that way, I believe).

Of course you must be in range to counter-attack the source.
Can you check this out?

It is all well known that if you don't center-attack you opponent with AOE magic powers that the witchunter won't activate. We Witches are targeting each other by placing a center of AOE on a square near opponent and we never activate each others witchhunter, even if we are in range.

If that is not by design, then it is a bug.