Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

PvP isn't all that worth it!

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
I don't feel like PvP is all that worth it at all. First of all, 80% of the matches are mid-levels against max-levels that are full of themselves that instantly pick Gracie with her War Golem. I once got into that kind of battle, and it did not turn out well. Another reason is because there are no prizes for competing in PvP anyway! No arena tickets, no items, nada! Oh, and just wait until you see some of the class' reputation within the PvP community!!!

FOOD CHAIN:

Swashbuckler (Speedy, rack up amazing damage)

Witchdoctor (Has a large arsenal, can improve stats and lower opponent's health quickly)

Musketeer (Attacks opponents from a long range, with that horrific Bear Trap)

Privateer (Stat increase)

Buccaneer (Uses stat increase to rack up amazing damage and boost defense)

Now look at that. Is there something a bit wrong?

Mark Laveer, Buccaneer
PVP NEEDS TO BE EVEN!!!

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
And even if there were arena tickets and prizes galore it would only make the arrogance worse because the battles would be a status gaining tool. Also it would make it even worse if new epic gear was the prize for winning. In addition to that there is no such thing as equality throughout the classes what would make them unique between each other if they were even?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
Well it's not that difficult to make a fair match and it's not the mid-levels or high-levels fault if they want to PVP but don't think about looking at each other's levels first. Gracie Conrad and her War Golem are very helpful.

Swashbucklers: Can jump over obstacles, can hide themselves and deal double damage and sneak up on you, can inflict status ailments, can attack multiple enemies, can easily dodge against default attacks, deal high damage, pierce through armour.

Witchdoctors: Can damage you and heal at the same time, can summon allies, can attack multiple enemies even with their default attacks, can cast spells that sometimes deal overtime damage, can charm enemies, can buff allies in a small radius and give them a specific buff, can slow enemies down, has high magical defence

Musketeers: Can attack from a distance, can attack multiple enemies and sometimes decrease each of their stats, can set up traps anywhere on the battle board and sometimes powers will damage enemies and set up traps as well.

Privateers: Can buff almost any stat, can heal one or all units and sometimes has an overtime heal effect, can defend units from any type of attack, can attack enemies with powers which have no range limit and usually damages multiple enemies and even sometimes leaves traps behind on free spaces.

Buccaneers: Can attack enemies with powers that have no range limit which usually let them use Glancing Blow to strike again or even Reckless Frenzy and usually decrease a stat, can defend against melee damage, deals high damage, has high physical defence.

I have seen each class beat every other in PVP before.

Ensign
Jul 21, 2010
Personally, I've never been all that into PvP. I'm just not good at it. However, for years I have read rants about Wizard101s PvP system. What I've concluded is that no matter how many times KI updates PvP there will still be a lot of people unhappy. If they implemented the changes to make everyone happy, the other side wouldn't be. Yes, PvP does need improvement but, it's unlikely that you'll ever be happy with it. If you'd like to continue your ideas, feel free, it doesn't bother me and I'm not trying to stop you. Just giving you another view.

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
Mark Laveer on Nov 30, 2014 wrote:
I don't feel like PvP is all that worth it at all. First of all, 80% of the matches are mid-levels against max-levels that are full of themselves that instantly pick Gracie with her War Golem. I once got into that kind of battle, and it did not turn out well. Another reason is because there are no prizes for competing in PvP anyway! No arena tickets, no items, nada! Oh, and just wait until you see some of the class' reputation within the PvP community!!!

FOOD CHAIN:

Swashbuckler (Speedy, rack up amazing damage)

Witchdoctor (Has a large arsenal, can improve stats and lower opponent's health quickly)

Musketeer (Attacks opponents from a long range, with that horrific Bear Trap)

Privateer (Stat increase)

Buccaneer (Uses stat increase to rack up amazing damage and boost defense)

Now look at that. Is there something a bit wrong?

Mark Laveer, Buccaneer
PVP NEEDS TO BE EVEN!!!
PvP is in the same form as when t was first put into the game. as such, it is extremely informal. personally, I was hoping that the new update would include a PvP overhaul, but apparently not. However, KI has stated that it is in the works. Trust me from experience, if KI is taking this long with it it will be WELL worth the wait, and then some.

As for your foodchain. . . well, that is all relative to how and who the players are. It is also crucial to remember that at level 30 you will get almost no fair fights. I have 3 level 65 Pirates, and my Main class is Swashbuckler. I am working on a Buccaneer at the time, and i find i really enjoy the class. If you can take the time to shield yourself, then buff your strength, you can just jump in the fight by yourself, and have some range units back you up. From experience, this works pretty well. BTW, I would not suggest pvping until you are in the sixties: there are a lot of fellow level 65 players that just prowl around the brawling hall looking for less advanced players to bash so they can help their own ego.