Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pvp Ideas and Solutions

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 17, 2010
I like to be known as the best pirate ever which is why I want a ranked pvp system and leaderboards like Wizard101.

Just do not make an arena vendor (so pvp is absed on skill) and do not make tournaments unless they are free, cause they will not reward you with anything.

I also want to point out if you do make ranked make sure the match ups are based on level not rank, since there are no treasure cards it's nearly impossible to beat someone 10 levels above you.
When teaming up with friends the maximum leveled friend and minimum level friend should not be more than 7 levels apart to keep away from puppeting.

- Strong Allan Armstrong-

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
BroBlast3 on Jan 30, 2014 wrote:
I like to be known as the best pirate ever which is why I want a ranked pvp system and leaderboards like Wizard101.

Just do not make an arena vendor (so pvp is absed on skill) and do not make tournaments unless they are free, cause they will not reward you with anything.

I also want to point out if you do make ranked make sure the match ups are based on level not rank, since there are no treasure cards it's nearly impossible to beat someone 10 levels above you.
When teaming up with friends the maximum leveled friend and minimum level friend should not be more than 7 levels apart to keep away from puppeting.

- Strong Allan Armstrong-
I occasionally read the W101 message boards, and it looks a sad story that maybe could be brighter in the future. Right now that game, in PvP terms, is crossing through a valley of confusion and OP I guess, however I can't judge since I have not played it. However a level 5 beating a level 55 sounds wrong.

Pirate101 is currently walking a narrow bridge in PvP terms. The other side of the bridge is success and fairness, however deep below is the same hole that some angry wizards are stuck in.

Some stuff KI may need to watch out for in PvP:
-Pay to win... this will get more complaints and annoyance rather than a booming happy PvP field. Already it is agreed that Nausica is OP (her centaur charge is even banned in various tournaments), and she comes from money. KI should rather try and make a pay-to-have-a-slight-advantage rather than a pay-to-win. If I was in charge of Nausica I would give her access to 5 epics, 1 epic critical card, 1 super critical card, and beyond all only just 1 centaur charge, a lot of health (3250), low damage (180-225). Nerfing her is a no no at this stage, upgrading universal companions like Bonnie Anne is a yes yes! If companions are to be bought with real money, they MUST not be OP!!!!! Same applies to equipment, spells (they must never be purchased, EVER! No way I would want to face a privy with black fog) and ships too! Goro seems like a pay-to-have-a-slight-advantage companion, which is good :)

-General class upgrades. This you can't blame KI for, it is very hard to have equal classes. Bucks need a good upgrade now (they are actually better now, but are currently in the 7.5th kilometer in a 10km race, whilst all of us have finished), and swashes and musks need a general upgrade like invisibility in thier traps and hide and perhaps a few tweaks idk but ya, that's what I think.

-Stacking system. Stacking Levi + valor armor + valor armor + Levi + valor armor + Levi + spirit shield is pirate101 way of (this will be very wrong) shrike + shrike + 5pips + shrike? Too much stacking is a hard system to maintain, as we have seen in W101. Already I see many classes in PvP getting slightly annoyed at a privy for: Battle zeal + Espirit Des Corps + toro EDC + call to arms and on top of that enduring discipline. Stacking spells should be done with caution.