Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

PvP Expansions For Pirate101

AuthorMessage
Bosun
May 06, 2009
I'm not a huge fan of PvP, but it is a rather popular amongst the community. As of how PvP is now, I wanted to create a list of things I feel would would make PvP better:

-A Matching System: I think Pirate101 PvP overall should mirror Wizard101's Practice PvP set up. In this case, someone starts a match (1v1, 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4), setting in between X levels or allow anyone to join, and someone else can join. You can also set it so friends of the Match Creator are only allowed to join. If you see someone close to your level, you may want to fight them! (There is a possiblity that someone of a lower level would want to take on a higher level Player and vice versa) You may access this Matching System in the Brawlin' Hall or Spar Chamber.

-Add Badges: Instead of Ranked PvP Status that goes up or down based on wins and loses, all we need are preset Badges. These Badges will only be granted if you win a certain about of matches (they remain uneffected if you loose.) So everyone will start at Private. If you win 10 PvP Matches, you gain the Coporal Badge. Win 15, Sergeant. 20, Veteran and so and so forth until you gain Pirate Warlord.

-Add More Arenas: In response to the first point I made, new arenas should be added. When ready to go into the PvP Arena, you will be teleported to an arena themed after one of our worlds. All Arenas are randomized.

-Add Ship PvP: While already mentioned, I just want to restate that Ship PvP should come into play. Ship PvP matches will count toward your PvP Badges. Theses will take place in different Skyways designated for Ship PvP

-New Watch Benches: Instead of allowing Players to roam around the Battle Field, new areas for watching PvP would be made.

-Spectator Mode: Want to see PvP as if you were in the match? Just like Wizard101, you can do so with the Spectator Mode! (I'm unsure if it should tell what power is being activated or who is attacking who)

-Add a PvP Vendor(s): A new Vendor(s) should now stand outside the Brawlin' Hall or Spar Chamber and sell PvP exclusive items for the price of Gold Dabloons (PvP currency).

-PvP Prizes: At the end of every PvP match, Pirates will gain 3 Prizes (very similiar to Wizard101's Tournaments without the 4 Rounds or time count). In the first slot, you will gain X amount of Dabloons (like Arena Tickets) based on your win or lose and the number of players who participated in the match (maybe between 25-200 Dabloons per Match). You can gain Gear, Pets, Housing Items, Ships, Ship Equipment, Treasures, Trophies, Mounts, Companions etc. in the Second Slots. Everyone's a winner!

I think these will make PvP awesome and exciting. Heck, with the Prize option, I might even start giving PvP a go. I also like it you can get all these cool things without the use of Ranked PvP. That means you don't have to spend Crowns (ok, KI can set a price on PvP overall but Members get it free and Crown Users pay the low low price of 50-100 Crowns!) So tell me what you guys think!

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S... on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:
I'm not a huge fan of PvP, but it is a rather popular amongst the community. As of how PvP is now, I wanted to create a list of things I feel would would make PvP better:

-A Matching System: I think Pirate101 PvP overall should mirror Wizard101's Practice PvP set up. In this case, someone starts a match (1v1, 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4), setting in between X levels or allow anyone to join, and someone else can join. You can also set it so friends of the Match Creator are only allowed to join. If you see someone close to your level, you may want to fight them! (There is a possiblity that someone of a lower level would want to take on a higher level Player and vice versa) You may access this Matching System in the Brawlin' Hall or Spar Chamber.

-Add Badges: Instead of Ranked PvP Status that goes up or down based on wins and loses, all we need are preset Badges. These Badges will only be granted if you win a certain about of matches (they remain uneffected if you loose.) So everyone will start at Private. If you win 10 PvP Matches, you gain the Coporal Badge. Win 15, Sergeant. 20, Veteran and so and so forth until you gain Pirate Warlord.

-Add More Arenas: In response to the first point I made, new arenas should be added. When ready to go into the PvP Arena, you will be teleported to an arena themed after one of our worlds. All Arenas are randomized.

-Add Ship PvP: While already mentioned, I just want to restate that Ship PvP should come into play. Ship PvP matches will count toward your PvP Badges. Theses will take place in different Skyways designated for Ship PvP

-New Watch Benches: Instead of allowing Players to roam around the Battle Field, new areas for watching PvP would be made.

-Spectator Mode: Want to see PvP as if you were in the match? Just like Wizard101, you can do so with the Spectator Mode! (I'm unsure if it should tell what power is being activated or who is attacking who)

-Add a PvP Vendor(s): A new Vendor(s) should now stand outside the Brawlin' Hall or Spar Chamber and sell PvP exclusive items for the price of Gold Dabloons (PvP currency).

-PvP Prizes: At the end of every PvP match, Pirates will gain 3 Prizes (very similiar to Wizard101's Tournaments without the 4 Rounds or time count). In the first slot, you will gain X amount of Dabloons (like Arena Tickets) based on your win or lose and the number of players who participated in the match (maybe between 25-200 Dabloons per Match). You can gain Gear, Pets, Housing Items, Ships, Ship Equipment, Treasures, Trophies, Mounts, Companions etc. in the Second Slots. Everyone's a winner!

I think these will make PvP awesome and exciting. Heck, with the Prize option, I might even start giving PvP a go. I also like it you can get all these cool things without the use of Ranked PvP. That means you don't have to spend Crowns (ok, KI can set a price on PvP overall but Members get it free and Crown Users pay the low low price of 50-100 Crowns!) So tell me what you guys think!
How Ship PvP Would Work?- One last thing I want to add. We all say we want Ship PvP, but how would it work? How would we play it? I have two scenarioes for Ship PvP. I think both would work and could be appied to show variety in Ship PvP:

1. Fire the Cannons!- Battle against your opponent in typical Broadside Combat. In 1v1, when a player has lost all their health, the winner will be determined by the surviving Player. All Ship PvP take place in designated Skyway Arenas. In 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4, the winner will always be the team with the most survivng teammates (or whose ever team has their team surviving longest/not taken out first).

2. Ship Races and Relay!- Another PvP version of Ship PvP is to race against one another! In 1v1, You'll be paired against another Ship in a Skyway Course. Your goal is to fly through as many Rings as possible and collect the treasure chests within them as you make your way to the end of the course. But watch out! They'll be obstacles in your way that can slow you down as well as buffs that can make you go faster or give you special powers! During this PvP set up, you will not be able to use your ship Powers as they will not be necessary.
In 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4, your team mates will be stationed at different points of the Course in a Relay match. They cannot move until one of their teams makes it their point of the track, completeing one portion of the course. The winner will be decided upon which team completes the entire course first.

At the end of either PvP round, both players will gain X amount of Gold Dabloons based on win or loose and number of participating Players. An additional two random items will be granted as well.

How Do I Enter?- Just like regular PvP, you will pick which Player or Team you wish to duel! A kiosk will be set up in the Brawlin' Hall and Spar Chamber. Who you duel will be based on your Nautical Level, not regular level. You may set what level of Nautical leveled players may join and if you only want friends to join or anyone as you create your PvP Duel.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Would anyone care to tell their view on this?

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Captain
May 13, 2011
if this gets mixed with my pvp suggestions (a big suggestion), it would be PERFECT for an upcoming pvp update. you suggestion about the ship races reminded me of pet races in W101. i also like how you chose to rank. instead or getting or losing the rating, you get a bigger rank judged by wins. there could be more based on special things you do in a battle

sole survivor: win as the only remaining in your team

flawless: win with NO casualties. doesnt include pets as they die easily

powerhouse: deal the most damage of your team

tank: take the most damage of your team, but still survive

supporter: use the most team buffs.

final hit badges:

finishing strike: have the last hit be a sword melee attack

powder: have the last hit be a crushing melee attack

first to draw: have the last hit be a firearm attack

punctured: have the last hit be a dagger attack

arrow flight: have the last hit be a bow attack

beaten down: have the last hit be an unarmed attack

mojo's end: have the last hit be a magic attack

survivor:

last resort: win with only 10% of your health left

final push: win with only 5% of your health left

cheated death: win with only 1% of your health left

didn't feel a thing: absorb over 1000 damage with the valor shield

the veteran: win 5 fights with NO HEALING

back in the fight, again: get revived twice in a match

annihilator

didn't see that coming: defeat an enemy in 1 hit. attacks that hit multiple times count

the ninja: defeat an enemy by attacking out of stealth

untouchable: defeat an enemy without taking damage from him/her (note: he/she has to target you)

crowd control: kill 2 or more people with an AOE attack

busted: knock an enemy out of stealth

overkill: defeat an enemy by hitting twice as much as the health remaining

critical situation: defeat an enemy with a critical attack

epic finish: defeat an enemy with an epic hit

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2013
Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Cunning Finnigan S... on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:

Personally I love all these ideas here. Though I can understand Kingisle not reaching this point yet since it's so young, I really would love these things to come eventually(Particularly the Matching System, the More Arenas, and the Spectator Mode).I would love to see some variations in the battle settings which they can do now that they created the Tranportalator. I just recently discovered Spectator Mode and I LOVE it!

Sincerely,

Impish Omar Underwood