Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Purge epidemic

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
382
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 25, 2015 wrote:
Any class can get hide trough equipment so this particular technique can be utilized by any pirate.
Yeah but swash are the ones who benefit the most out of it, seeing they barely have any buff.

Lieutenant
Nov 21, 2010
103
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 25, 2015 wrote:
Any class can get hide trough equipment so this particular technique can be utilized by any pirate.
Not really Chrissy.

Is situation when you use this techniques and you are Swash, you still have your comps hidden and ready to deal double damage. This means end game for the opponent.

Any other class can't hide their companions and thus this move doesn't have any real impact, unless the opponent is near defeat or alone.

Off topic: I didn't know you PvP? I hope to face you in a duel, with people like yourself arena can be a really friendly place. Not that it isn't now. I must admit that people in the arena are so nice, it is a pleasure PvPing there.

Sincerely,
Stubborn Duncan Freeman

Gunner's Mate
Dec 16, 2009
212
Thomas Sunhammer on Sep 26, 2015 wrote:
You can hide
Hiding just forces a buckler to use his purge later in the game

You can utilize barricade
All he has to do is break the barricade then go back into hiding. Bucklers do have 4-5 of them so they can afford to waste one

You can move out of the way
Hawkins mentioned that one already. Running away cost you a turn where you could be buffing or attacking and in the end actually leaves you wide open to hard attack. So it basically has the same result. Hold still and be purged. Or run around so the shields and buffs run out anyway.

Spread out units
First of all this is contradictory to your own point about barricade! How can they be spread out AND stay protected behind the wall? And in most cases spreading out just ensures your companions will all be picked off by the incoming black fog companion swarm of locusts. They devour anything not properly defended.

In the end...cloaking from the shadows...really doesn't have anything you can do about it. You just have to cross your fingers and hope that he messes up the timing. But if he doesn't make a mistake...then your dead. I would argue that is the only way to defeat a buckler these days. Cross your fingers and hope they make a mistake that you can take advantage of. Because so far...i see no weaknesses in their offense or defense. And purge makes it even worse.
Hiding just forces a buckler to use his purge later in the game

Ok? Why is this a problem?

All he has to do is break the barricade then go back into hiding. Bucklers do have 4-5 of them so they can afford to waste one

If he breaks the barricade he isn't going back into hiding- he's dead.

Hawkins mentioned that one already. Running away cost you a turn where you could be buffing or attacking and in the end actually leaves you wide open to hard attack. So it basically has the same result. Hold still and be purged. Or run around so the shields and buffs run out anyway.

Yes you have to make choices- just like the swashbuckler- crazy I know

First of all this is contradictory to your own point about barricade! How can they be spread out AND stay protected behind the wall?

No it is not- it is another option. As for losing one companion to fog-that is expected and not overpowered at all.

Because so far...i see no weaknesses in their offense or defense. And purge makes it even worse.

You have a swashbuckler. If you get to champion undefeated via 1v1 I'll concede the point. I await your results.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 30, 2009
240
Eric Stormbringer on Sep 29, 2015 wrote:
Hiding just forces a buckler to use his purge later in the game

Ok? Why is this a problem?

All he has to do is break the barricade then go back into hiding. Bucklers do have 4-5 of them so they can afford to waste one

If he breaks the barricade he isn't going back into hiding- he's dead.

Hawkins mentioned that one already. Running away cost you a turn where you could be buffing or attacking and in the end actually leaves you wide open to hard attack. So it basically has the same result. Hold still and be purged. Or run around so the shields and buffs run out anyway.

Yes you have to make choices- just like the swashbuckler- crazy I know

First of all this is contradictory to your own point about barricade! How can they be spread out AND stay protected behind the wall?

No it is not- it is another option. As for losing one companion to fog-that is expected and not overpowered at all.

Because so far...i see no weaknesses in their offense or defense. And purge makes it even worse.

You have a swashbuckler. If you get to champion undefeated via 1v1 I'll concede the point. I await your results.
Why is it a problem?
Because it doesn't solve the issue. The point was a buckler can use purge with no consequences. Weather that is sooner or later doesn't really matter in a longer drawn out battle. Its still a huge game changing benefit that no one can stop. Weather it happens at the beginning of the match or the end is irrelevant to the point that was made.

Break barricade is dead
Not really. Most players I have seen have a companion break the barricade after using up their fog on the outer companion and then nailing the pirate through the hole they created. The barricade hurts as much as it helps since my companions have to run outside it to hit you and if they do they get picked off 4 on one. Or they sit there and wait for the wall to come down...so then its waisted rounds.

Making choices is crazy
We dont need your sarcasm. Again you are missing the point. The core point was that purge is giving bucklers a a benefit that is unstoppable and the post I made was further proof of that. Weather you sit there and get purged or run around and are unable to buff up it has the same result. In simpler words you can understand there IS NO CHOICE. The results are exactly the same! You end up wide open with out any buffs or shields on.

Not contradictory
Um yes it is. You cant tell people to spread out and hold still. AS this is a purge thread spreading out is the only viable solution. In which the barricade suggestion is useless. This further helps my point. Purge and fog make it so no matter what a pirate chooses they loose. Hold still and be purged or spread out and have your guys all picked off. It the same problem with their mixed damage thing. No one can stop both physical AND magical damage.

Undefeated buckler
Oh!...well then concede. Cause I have met TWO people now who went undefeated (in 1v1 at least not royal) both buckler who made champion in this new season without a loss. No other school i know of has done that.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 16, 2009
212
Thomas Sunhammer on Sep 29, 2015 wrote:
Why is it a problem?
Because it doesn't solve the issue. The point was a buckler can use purge with no consequences. Weather that is sooner or later doesn't really matter in a longer drawn out battle. Its still a huge game changing benefit that no one can stop. Weather it happens at the beginning of the match or the end is irrelevant to the point that was made.

Break barricade is dead
Not really. Most players I have seen have a companion break the barricade after using up their fog on the outer companion and then nailing the pirate through the hole they created. The barricade hurts as much as it helps since my companions have to run outside it to hit you and if they do they get picked off 4 on one. Or they sit there and wait for the wall to come down...so then its waisted rounds.

Making choices is crazy
We dont need your sarcasm. Again you are missing the point. The core point was that purge is giving bucklers a a benefit that is unstoppable and the post I made was further proof of that. Weather you sit there and get purged or run around and are unable to buff up it has the same result. In simpler words you can understand there IS NO CHOICE. The results are exactly the same! You end up wide open with out any buffs or shields on.

Not contradictory
Um yes it is. You cant tell people to spread out and hold still. AS this is a purge thread spreading out is the only viable solution. In which the barricade suggestion is useless. This further helps my point. Purge and fog make it so no matter what a pirate chooses they loose. Hold still and be purged or spread out and have your guys all picked off. It the same problem with their mixed damage thing. No one can stop both physical AND magical damage.

Undefeated buckler
Oh!...well then concede. Cause I have met TWO people now who went undefeated (in 1v1 at least not royal) both buckler who made champion in this new season without a loss. No other school i know of has done that.
The point was a buckler can use purge with no consequences

Actually it does have consequences such as removing the swash's own buff, requiring movement into enemy territory etc. Even if it doesn't have consequences there are many many powers without consequence. What's the consequence to Valors Fortress, Leviathan's Call etc?

Most players I have seen have a companion break the barricade after using up their fog on the outer companion and then nailing the pirate through the hole they created.

The pirate has the option to cloak themselves therefore plugging the hole as soon as it's made. Even then the exchange you have described is play and counterplay- a good thing for the PvP system.

The core point was that purge is giving bucklers a a benefit that is unstoppable and the post I made was further proof of that. Weather you sit there and get purged or run around and are unable to buff up it has the same result.

The benefit isn't unstoppable and as I've stated you make a choice. You have time to buff and move while a swash is getting into purge range.

You cant tell people to spread out and hold still.

No, but they can certainly choose which option is best for them. As for mixed damge type- I keep pointing out that Valor's fortress defends against all types of damage at once and you continue ignoring it as if it is irrelevant.

Oh!...well then concede. Cause I have met TWO people now who went undefeated (in 1v1 at least not royal) both buckler who made champion in this new season without a loss.

Actually, I challenged you personally to make Champion undefeated on your swashbuckler in 1v1. If it is as easy and mindless as you state then you should have no trouble. When you do that I will concede the point...as previously stated.

Lieutenant
Aug 29, 2008
146
Thomas Sunhammer on Sep 29, 2015 wrote:
Why is it a problem?
Because it doesn't solve the issue. The point was a buckler can use purge with no consequences. Weather that is sooner or later doesn't really matter in a longer drawn out battle. Its still a huge game changing benefit that no one can stop. Weather it happens at the beginning of the match or the end is irrelevant to the point that was made.

Break barricade is dead
Not really. Most players I have seen have a companion break the barricade after using up their fog on the outer companion and then nailing the pirate through the hole they created. The barricade hurts as much as it helps since my companions have to run outside it to hit you and if they do they get picked off 4 on one. Or they sit there and wait for the wall to come down...so then its waisted rounds.

Making choices is crazy
We dont need your sarcasm. Again you are missing the point. The core point was that purge is giving bucklers a a benefit that is unstoppable and the post I made was further proof of that. Weather you sit there and get purged or run around and are unable to buff up it has the same result. In simpler words you can understand there IS NO CHOICE. The results are exactly the same! You end up wide open with out any buffs or shields on.

Not contradictory
Um yes it is. You cant tell people to spread out and hold still. AS this is a purge thread spreading out is the only viable solution. In which the barricade suggestion is useless. This further helps my point. Purge and fog make it so no matter what a pirate chooses they loose. Hold still and be purged or spread out and have your guys all picked off. It the same problem with their mixed damage thing. No one can stop both physical AND magical damage.

Undefeated buckler
Oh!...well then concede. Cause I have met TWO people now who went undefeated (in 1v1 at least not royal) both buckler who made champion in this new season without a loss. No other school i know of has done that.
Cause I have met TWO people now who went undefeated (in 1v1 at least not royal) both buckler who made champion in this new season without a loss. No other school i know of has done that.

I would love to see proof of that. The first Champions happened this past weekend and to my knowledge, all of them were neither undefeated or did it strictly through 1v1. A couple used battle royale to reach Champion (nothing wrong with that), and the other I know he isn't undefeated because I have beaten him before he reached Champion.

You use the argument of undefeated Buckler so far this season as an argument for Bucklers being OP, so I would like to see proof. Tell them to send you a screenshot and if it does say purely through 1v1 then I will be impressed. Is easy for anyone to say they reached Champion this season through 1v1 alone or undefeated if they never have to show proof.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 30, 2009
240
Alex Hawkins on Sep 29, 2015 wrote:
Cause I have met TWO people now who went undefeated (in 1v1 at least not royal) both buckler who made champion in this new season without a loss. No other school i know of has done that.

I would love to see proof of that. The first Champions happened this past weekend and to my knowledge, all of them were neither undefeated or did it strictly through 1v1. A couple used battle royale to reach Champion (nothing wrong with that), and the other I know he isn't undefeated because I have beaten him before he reached Champion.

You use the argument of undefeated Buckler so far this season as an argument for Bucklers being OP, so I would like to see proof. Tell them to send you a screenshot and if it does say purely through 1v1 then I will be impressed. Is easy for anyone to say they reached Champion this season through 1v1 alone or undefeated if they never have to show proof.
Hmm well thats true. They might have reached paragon undefeated and THEN used royal to get them the rest of the way. All I know is what they were bragging about. They DID have the weapon and they got it very fast so idk what to tell you.

Either way purge combined with the new scratch poison boost strategy is going to make them invincible. Something needs to be changed soon or no one will be able to defeat bucklers again.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
826
Thomas Sunhammer on Sep 26, 2015 wrote:
Idk what your talking about my buck has only 295 damage. That is not the strongest. And if tide is your only reason there are many ways for other pirates to have damage boosting part of tide. The axe of doom and pet grants epcis are both very reliable versions.

The fact is bucks need their shields. Without them they are nothing. A buckler has 4-5 cloaks and cloak...is both offense AND defense! Since most moves can't hit them while they are hidden that is a pretty full proof defense and it gears them up for a x2 hit! And privy have shields AND tons of heals so they have defense. Muskets have mobs and traps and shields. ((The only one that REALLY needs something are witches. But you can't nerf everyone just to make things balanced. Personally I am a fan of making all the summons a witch can do way stronger. Since summing is supposed to be their main defense. Create an army of the undead...ha try to kill me now. But they are going with improving old scratch i guess which kind of works that way)) At any rate saying you should take away a bucks ability to shield is like saying take away the number of cloaks a buckler can carry or heals a privy can have or bombs a musket can use.
i am referring to the fact that nearly every time i have fought a buck either i or a companions has been 1 rounded by just the buck with either 4k health with a va or near 3k health by the bucks chains which shouldnt be possible for a tank at all

Gunner's Mate
Sep 30, 2009
240
zuto4011a on Oct 1, 2015 wrote:
i am referring to the fact that nearly every time i have fought a buck either i or a companions has been 1 rounded by just the buck with either 4k health with a va or near 3k health by the bucks chains which shouldnt be possible for a tank at all
Um that depends.

First of all your school matters a lot. If your a witch or musket companion strength is super low. And thus blade storm and relentless can work better. So this isn't a stead fast rule. Many other buck or buckler companions survive the rush just fine

Second what a "tank" as you call them should do is relative to the game. There are tanks in many games that are all damage and defense.

Third bucks are NOT the tank class. Privy is the tank class. Buck is more of a berserker...which if you like gaming terms makes perfect sense. They rush in and hit hard. Yes they have armor but that doesn't automatically define them a tank. They don't get any heals and their shields have magic holes. The actually fit the berserker class stereotype fairly well I think. So yes it makes sense for them to chain.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
382
Thomas Sunhammer on Oct 1, 2015 wrote:
Um that depends.

First of all your school matters a lot. If your a witch or musket companion strength is super low. And thus blade storm and relentless can work better. So this isn't a stead fast rule. Many other buck or buckler companions survive the rush just fine

Second what a "tank" as you call them should do is relative to the game. There are tanks in many games that are all damage and defense.

Third bucks are NOT the tank class. Privy is the tank class. Buck is more of a berserker...which if you like gaming terms makes perfect sense. They rush in and hit hard. Yes they have armor but that doesn't automatically define them a tank. They don't get any heals and their shields have magic holes. The actually fit the berserker class stereotype fairly well I think. So yes it makes sense for them to chain.
Privy tank? Do you realize in my "pvp gear" I barely have 50 def and res, and not even 3k hp.

There are buccs companions with nearly 100 armor, now that's a (physical) tank.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
826
Thomas Sunhammer on Oct 1, 2015 wrote:
Um that depends.

First of all your school matters a lot. If your a witch or musket companion strength is super low. And thus blade storm and relentless can work better. So this isn't a stead fast rule. Many other buck or buckler companions survive the rush just fine

Second what a "tank" as you call them should do is relative to the game. There are tanks in many games that are all damage and defense.

Third bucks are NOT the tank class. Privy is the tank class. Buck is more of a berserker...which if you like gaming terms makes perfect sense. They rush in and hit hard. Yes they have armor but that doesn't automatically define them a tank. They don't get any heals and their shields have magic holes. The actually fit the berserker class stereotype fairly well I think. So yes it makes sense for them to chain.
Please learn your classes

Privateer is the SUPPORT CLASS

Witch is the sorcerer type class

Swashy is the melee dps

Buck is the tank

Musket is a wild card since it can easily be support or dps

Tanks arent meant to have personal heals that what the support is for, lets take a look at some privy companions emmett and march, hmm they both have more support stuff then most other companions, now lets look at barny and ratbeard, HMMMM THEY HAVE SHIELDS and reduces, SEEMS LIKE A TANK
And again bucks have magic holes and no personal heals because a tank is typically backed up by a SUPPORT class and a DPS class which completes the holy trinity of mmo's

Gunner's Mate
Sep 30, 2009
240
zuto4011a on Oct 3, 2015 wrote:
Please learn your classes

Privateer is the SUPPORT CLASS

Witch is the sorcerer type class

Swashy is the melee dps

Buck is the tank

Musket is a wild card since it can easily be support or dps

Tanks arent meant to have personal heals that what the support is for, lets take a look at some privy companions emmett and march, hmm they both have more support stuff then most other companions, now lets look at barny and ratbeard, HMMMM THEY HAVE SHIELDS and reduces, SEEMS LIKE A TANK
And again bucks have magic holes and no personal heals because a tank is typically backed up by a SUPPORT class and a DPS class which completes the holy trinity of mmo's
Still fits the beserker class to me. If privy arent tank then i would argue their arent any tanks. They get more angry when they start to die. They rush in. They hit repeatedly. Yes they have some armor but NO resist. Tanks are supposed to be hard to kill across the board.

YOUR the ones labeling them tank. Then getting upset that they hit so much. Berserkers DO hit a ton! Its thier thing. But they die super easy to poison magician etc. Just like in this game.

Developer
Buccaneer and Privateer can both play as tanks. These two classes have the best armor, and the best health (1st place armor and 2nd place health for the Buc, and 1st place health and 2nd place armor for the Privateer.)

Privateers also play as support, and Buccaneers also play as DPS.

There's so much crossover between the five classes that it's useless to try to pigeonhole any one class. You can call the classes anything you want but the word "tank" is only going to have limited applicability to P101. Perhaps the reason you're arguing over it is because there IS NOT any one class that acts as any one archetype that you may be familiar with in other MMOs. (The closest would be Swashbuckler who is pretty clearly DPS.)

In some cases it's almost easier to figure out what each class can't do.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
826
Ratbeard on Oct 5, 2015 wrote:
Buccaneer and Privateer can both play as tanks. These two classes have the best armor, and the best health (1st place armor and 2nd place health for the Buc, and 1st place health and 2nd place armor for the Privateer.)

Privateers also play as support, and Buccaneers also play as DPS.

There's so much crossover between the five classes that it's useless to try to pigeonhole any one class. You can call the classes anything you want but the word "tank" is only going to have limited applicability to P101. Perhaps the reason you're arguing over it is because there IS NOT any one class that acts as any one archetype that you may be familiar with in other MMOs. (The closest would be Swashbuckler who is pretty clearly DPS.)

In some cases it's almost easier to figure out what each class can't do.
since that is true i'll have to use the most popular builds i have seen which is mostly tanky damage dealing bucks and long range support privateers. And i have comprised a list of what each class cannot do without sacrificing almost all their key points.

Privateer: dps, very hard to be a dps privateer unless its a captain only 1v1 in which case the need for being tanky or support like is much less

Swashy: tanks, it is possible to be a support swashy although very hard and pointless, but a swashy tank would need to sacrifice much to reach the health needed to survive the punishment

Witch: Physical damage, low strength and agility make this class rely on will which is spell based, again a tank witch is possible with a few forts and jobu spamming

Buck: Magic damage, this build which i have seen has always failed so i dont believe a magical damage based buck can work at all

Mustet: i have to say this is the most versatile class, It can wield a staff because the bombs stay the same range and if its the beast banner and nef staff it certainly is strong, it can be a tank with the numerous shields they can easily carry, it can be a physical dps with its multiple gun attacks or even a burst fire/relentless combo hybrid weapon, it can be support with the shields buff and bombs, overall i'd say musket can be at least average in everything

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
461
Ratbeard on Oct 5, 2015 wrote:
Buccaneer and Privateer can both play as tanks. These two classes have the best armor, and the best health (1st place armor and 2nd place health for the Buc, and 1st place health and 2nd place armor for the Privateer.)

Privateers also play as support, and Buccaneers also play as DPS.

There's so much crossover between the five classes that it's useless to try to pigeonhole any one class. You can call the classes anything you want but the word "tank" is only going to have limited applicability to P101. Perhaps the reason you're arguing over it is because there IS NOT any one class that acts as any one archetype that you may be familiar with in other MMOs. (The closest would be Swashbuckler who is pretty clearly DPS.)

In some cases it's almost easier to figure out what each class can't do.
Ratbeard,

I routinely "tank" with my Swashbuckler through the use of Gallant Defense.

Developer
Oran from Urz on Oct 6, 2015 wrote:
Ratbeard,

I routinely "tank" with my Swashbuckler through the use of Gallant Defense.
Huzzah!

Gunner's Mate
Sep 30, 2009
240
Ratbeard on Oct 5, 2015 wrote:
Buccaneer and Privateer can both play as tanks. These two classes have the best armor, and the best health (1st place armor and 2nd place health for the Buc, and 1st place health and 2nd place armor for the Privateer.)

Privateers also play as support, and Buccaneers also play as DPS.

There's so much crossover between the five classes that it's useless to try to pigeonhole any one class. You can call the classes anything you want but the word "tank" is only going to have limited applicability to P101. Perhaps the reason you're arguing over it is because there IS NOT any one class that acts as any one archetype that you may be familiar with in other MMOs. (The closest would be Swashbuckler who is pretty clearly DPS.)

In some cases it's almost easier to figure out what each class can't do.
Thank you! Thats what I was trying to say when I said they were giving them their own self proclaimed labels and THEN complaining that the "tanks" did too much damage. You can't give them labels. Each class has pro's and con's.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
222
Hide is not a magical ability, which is what Purge is designed to remove. Hide is exactly what it states: you hiding from your opponent. If I stepped into a dark corner and temporarily disappeared, is that magic? Now, if I summoned some lightning from the sky to reduce your accuracy, is that magic?

Purge should not remove Hide, if it does then Purge should become a Witchdoctor-only spell, as I can see it like giving the Witchdoctor having the ability to locate his/her opponent. But, since the Power is called Purge MAGIC I see no reason why Hide should be effected, as it is not considered a Magical Power (logically or not). If you look at it from a more realistic standpoint, Bucklers have little to no defenses, sacrificing it for agility, flexibility and speed. This allows them to hide in the shadows. Now a Bucc, which has the most Armor in game, trying to hide in the shadows is like trying to take a Knight and telling him to be a ninja in full armor; it's just not possible nor is it even plausible. This explains why Hide does double damage as well, since you're essentially surprising your opponent by bursting out of the darkness and attacking while their guard is down.

Now with all the technical, ridiculousness out of the way I think I've made my point. Hide is fine, I believe Purge should be a Witchdoctor-only Power and case closed.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 30, 2009
240
Nightblood1995 on Oct 20, 2015 wrote:
Hide is not a magical ability, which is what Purge is designed to remove. Hide is exactly what it states: you hiding from your opponent. If I stepped into a dark corner and temporarily disappeared, is that magic? Now, if I summoned some lightning from the sky to reduce your accuracy, is that magic?

Purge should not remove Hide, if it does then Purge should become a Witchdoctor-only spell, as I can see it like giving the Witchdoctor having the ability to locate his/her opponent. But, since the Power is called Purge MAGIC I see no reason why Hide should be effected, as it is not considered a Magical Power (logically or not). If you look at it from a more realistic standpoint, Bucklers have little to no defenses, sacrificing it for agility, flexibility and speed. This allows them to hide in the shadows. Now a Bucc, which has the most Armor in game, trying to hide in the shadows is like trying to take a Knight and telling him to be a ninja in full armor; it's just not possible nor is it even plausible. This explains why Hide does double damage as well, since you're essentially surprising your opponent by bursting out of the darkness and attacking while their guard is down.

Now with all the technical, ridiculousness out of the way I think I've made my point. Hide is fine, I believe Purge should be a Witchdoctor-only Power and case closed.
Yes! Lets make purge a witch doctor only spell! I actually like that suggestion a lot more and have made those comments on my other thread. ((which for some reason ended up on the double dipping cloak one when they really do belong here. But conversations tend to go in circles so it came up over there)).

At any rate making purge a witch only move is the best and most fair suggestion of all. Making it remove cloak is a bit much I agree. However another solution that is halfway between making it remove cloak and witch only...is having it remove the x2 damage affect of the purge...but allowing the pirate to stay hidden. This suggestion is still a little unfair...but not as bad as the other one.

But I second your motion. Purge should be a witch doctor only move. ^_^ Case closed indeed.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 16, 2009
212
Thomas Sunhammer on Oct 20, 2015 wrote:
Yes! Lets make purge a witch doctor only spell! I actually like that suggestion a lot more and have made those comments on my other thread. ((which for some reason ended up on the double dipping cloak one when they really do belong here. But conversations tend to go in circles so it came up over there)).

At any rate making purge a witch only move is the best and most fair suggestion of all. Making it remove cloak is a bit much I agree. However another solution that is halfway between making it remove cloak and witch only...is having it remove the x2 damage affect of the purge...but allowing the pirate to stay hidden. This suggestion is still a little unfair...but not as bad as the other one.

But I second your motion. Purge should be a witch doctor only move. ^_^ Case closed indeed.
I concur with removing the x2 damage as that is a "buff". The hidden portion is not a buff and i disagree with it being a witch only power.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
1124
Silver Angel on Oct 2, 2015 wrote:
Privy tank? Do you realize in my "pvp gear" I barely have 50 def and res, and not even 3k hp.

There are buccs companions with nearly 100 armor, now that's a (physical) tank.
I do.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
1124
Ratbeard on Oct 7, 2015 wrote:
Huzzah!
Yar! That's the spirit!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
1124
If your going to be like that all healing should only be done by a privateer who are more of a healing class....

Do we have to fight about things like this all the time? Why can't everybody just accept what is given and work with it?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
222
Eric Stormbringer on Oct 20, 2015 wrote:
I concur with removing the x2 damage as that is a "buff". The hidden portion is not a buff and i disagree with it being a witch only power.
And why's that? You can already learn more Witchdoctor Powers than any other side school in terms of secondary Powers, especially now that we have the new PvP Only Power that removes one random Power from your opponent's arsenal. What does making Purge Magic a Witch-only Power do? It gives Witches the boost they need while keeping the other classes at their current level, maintaining the balance so to speak. Why not let other classes have Assassin's Mist, Reckless Frenzy, etc as well then? Witches already have their Charm banned, which would have been a great tactical weapon in their arsenal. Giving them Purge evens the playing field, considering how terrible their defenses are and how reliant they are on quick, heavy ranged hits.

I can live with the x2 damage being removed by it, though I don't see why it should be since, again, it's not even classified as a buff in game. Use Shadowdance, for example, and you'll see that green arrow showing your Critical has been boosted. That is a buff. Use any Hide and you won't see that arrow, indicating it's not a technical 'buff'. In competitive eyes, yes it's a buff since you're boosting your damage but where game mechanics are concerned it's not seen as an active buff, more so a temporarily passive one. If Purge works to remove this then it should do the same for Turn The Tide since both work the same way. The real problem is if we do allow it to affect Hides, then it's going to throw the entire game into wack (again) since we have other classes with their own Talents/Powers that function similarly to Hides mechanically (triggering a temporary and passively boosting a stat). This is why I propose allowing Purge to remove the hidden part of Hide, since it will open up the Swash to direct attack without 'tweaking' the mechanics behind their 'buff' (I use that term loosely). Don't forget, we can only use that double damage 'boost' once before having to reapply it, unlike stat/defense boosts that take time to wear off.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 16, 2009
212
Nightblood1995 on Oct 21, 2015 wrote:
And why's that? You can already learn more Witchdoctor Powers than any other side school in terms of secondary Powers, especially now that we have the new PvP Only Power that removes one random Power from your opponent's arsenal. What does making Purge Magic a Witch-only Power do? It gives Witches the boost they need while keeping the other classes at their current level, maintaining the balance so to speak. Why not let other classes have Assassin's Mist, Reckless Frenzy, etc as well then? Witches already have their Charm banned, which would have been a great tactical weapon in their arsenal. Giving them Purge evens the playing field, considering how terrible their defenses are and how reliant they are on quick, heavy ranged hits.

I can live with the x2 damage being removed by it, though I don't see why it should be since, again, it's not even classified as a buff in game. Use Shadowdance, for example, and you'll see that green arrow showing your Critical has been boosted. That is a buff. Use any Hide and you won't see that arrow, indicating it's not a technical 'buff'. In competitive eyes, yes it's a buff since you're boosting your damage but where game mechanics are concerned it's not seen as an active buff, more so a temporarily passive one. If Purge works to remove this then it should do the same for Turn The Tide since both work the same way. The real problem is if we do allow it to affect Hides, then it's going to throw the entire game into wack (again) since we have other classes with their own Talents/Powers that function similarly to Hides mechanically (triggering a temporary and passively boosting a stat). This is why I propose allowing Purge to remove the hidden part of Hide, since it will open up the Swash to direct attack without 'tweaking' the mechanics behind their 'buff' (I use that term loosely). Don't forget, we can only use that double damage 'boost' once before having to reapply it, unlike stat/defense boosts that take time to wear off.
We can learn more witch powers than any other side school simply because more witch powers exist than any other school. Other classes CAN have assassins mist and assassins gloom. Witch class also has its own solo access powers such as Mojo Reaver, Chain Lightning, the Ocuboros line, Widows touch etc. The reason I am against making purge witch only is because it is the only counter any class has to stacking shields. Shields unlike other buffs are allowed to be stacked in PvP and many classes have access to multiple copies. Purge magic is one power that is usable only once per battle, requires your opponent to remain in range and also removes your own buffs. As I see it-it is already well balanced. I agree with the concept of charm being allowed in PvP and we have confirmation that this indeed will be the case very soon.