Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Privateer endgame

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Any experienced max level Privateers want to share some pvp endgame tips? I've recently just begun doing pvp with my Privateer. I have all the best gear and I've tried a couple different styles, but when it gets down to the endgame, it gets bad. Really bad. The baddest bad you can have. Super bad. Any advice on companion selection and strategy would be most welcome.

Ensign
Jun 14, 2013
Howdy! Sorry for the late reply... here's what I use.

Item-Wise I normally have a lot of Moo Manchu Gears and one that grants First-mate Boon. Meaning that I keep bombing when afar, shield/heal when they're close, and if used right, mess them up with a Booned Companion.

Companion-Wise the safest companion selection I use is Emmet, Bonnie Anne, and Egg Shen. (Selected in that order)

Emmet:
  • Good for slowing down opponents when they're charging at you.
  • Also has a Back-up Group Heal for in case yours doesn't show up or you need more healing.
  • Giving him Overwatch 3 is great against Buccaneers moving towards you since after being hit they're VERY much likely to miss a regular attack.
  • Alternatively, giving him True Grit 3 is great against Players that like to use and charge Nausica.
  • Watch out for Swashbucklers though, they can easily score a Super Assassin Strike on him.

Bonnie Anne:
  • A great DPS.
  • Great for Reviving you in case you get knocked out. (Just be sure not to get knocked out again after being revived)
  • Her Spread attack is great against Dodgy Characters
  • Overwatch 3, Burst Fire 2, Double Tap 2, and Quick Draw 1 so that she'll lay some hurt on unlucky guys.
  • Perfect against Privateers since they lack Agility (Watch out for those with True Grit 3 though)

Egg Shen:
  • Another great DPS who's perfect for clean up duty.
  • His Buccaneer Smash is really useful against aggressive enemies by making them miss a lot.
  • No complaints for having Super Strike, great for starting chains
  • First Strike 2, Relentless 2, Blade Storm 2, and Second Chance 1 makes him truely a relentless being, just watch out for those dodgy swashbucklers with Riposte though, if he can't hit them then he's doomed.

General Tips:
  • Don't charge at your opponent, force them come to you (via The Big Guns)
  • Always stay close to your companions (or allies if they're all dead)
  • Valor's Shield is actually a really useful Starter move.
  • Hidden is your best friend.

Wish I could add more tips but more Characters are over limit