Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Overwatch

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Hey there!
Now, i'm not one for OPing things normally, but I just got killed by a whole overwatch musket team.

They did it when I entered their extremely long ranges, minimum of 6 spaces, and then 4, then 2.
I'm not saying its OP, but i'm confused.
Isn't it "attack when opponent comes in range" and not "Attack opponent when he moves closer"?
I'm just confused. Can someone help me figure this out?

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2010
noahdd on Jun 27, 2016 wrote:
Hey there!
Now, i'm not one for OPing things normally, but I just got killed by a whole overwatch musket team.

They did it when I entered their extremely long ranges, minimum of 6 spaces, and then 4, then 2.
I'm not saying its OP, but i'm confused.
Isn't it "attack when opponent comes in range" and not "Attack opponent when he moves closer"?
I'm just confused. Can someone help me figure this out?
Perhaps other units activated overwatch? Like for example, the pirate could've used overwatch at 6 spaces, then a companion at 4 spaces, then another companion at 2 spaces.

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
If you want to get past overwatch I just wait out the bombs, place barricades in front of the musketeer team and charge so that they can't use overwatch and I 9/10 have the upper hand from there