Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Old Scratch Poison Bug

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 30, 2009
So recently I was playing a buckler who did NOT bring old scratch into battle with him. And yet some how his poison was doing 394 per round for 5 rounds. I asked the guy how he was doing that but of course he didn't tell me cause he doesn't want you guys to fix it. But somehow several players are doing something to maintain the kind of buffs they have when using old scratch. His summons were over high too. Like he had the mojo boost on! It stays on the whole match too. I dont know how they are doing it but I know what I saw.

Lieutenant
Aug 29, 2008
Thomas Sunhammer on Oct 1, 2015 wrote:
So recently I was playing a buckler who did NOT bring old scratch into battle with him. And yet some how his poison was doing 394 per round for 5 rounds. I asked the guy how he was doing that but of course he didn't tell me cause he doesn't want you guys to fix it. But somehow several players are doing something to maintain the kind of buffs they have when using old scratch. His summons were over high too. Like he had the mojo boost on! It stays on the whole match too. I dont know how they are doing it but I know what I saw.
Assuming he has spooky 1 and 2 trained, and assuming he has Krok as an origin, a Super critical poison will do about that much damage. It seems you just got unlucky and his poison critical on you.

Ever since the latest update, summons from gear no longer get buffed by Spell Power, so that will make no difference whether they are high or not.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Alex Hawkins on Oct 2, 2015 wrote:
Assuming he has spooky 1 and 2 trained, and assuming he has Krok as an origin, a Super critical poison will do about that much damage. It seems you just got unlucky and his poison critical on you.

Ever since the latest update, summons from gear no longer get buffed by Spell Power, so that will make no difference whether they are high or not.
You sure about that? It isnt in update note.

Lieutenant
Nov 21, 2010

Not to mention that he could have Mojo Power up to Rank 3 from gear that is dropped from Master Prawn, Cho'ko something and Flying Dutchman.

Sincerely,
Stubborn Duncan Freeman

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
Silver Angel on Oct 2, 2015 wrote:
Poison going critical has been in the game ever since the level 65 update, possibly even before that. If you have a swashbuckler you can see that sometimes poison misses (doing around 140 damage depending on your spooky), then it can go epic critical (230 roughly), mega critical (310 roughly) and -extremely rarely- super critical at roughly 360 damage.

Lieutenant
Aug 29, 2008
Silver Angel on Oct 2, 2015 wrote:
Yes, I am sure. It wasn't put in the update notes for some reason, but the Scorpions can no longer be buffed to level 110 with 100% Spell Power buff, same for the new summons from the Fall weapon.

The summon from Old Scratch and the Witchdoctor's own summons can still be buffed up with Spell Power though. However, gear summons (Moo robe, scorpion staff) as well as Baar's and Gracie's summons do not get buffed by spell power.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Thomas Sunhammer on Oct 1, 2015 wrote:
If you are playing someone and you want to know what equipment he has on, click on his name, press the blue arrow in the friend window and click on the equipment tab. This MUST be done while he is still in the room. You don't have to Friend him for this to work.

Lieutenant
Nov 21, 2010
Yes, I am sure. It wasn't put in the update notes for some reason, but the Scorpions can no longer be buffed to level 110 with 100% Spell Power buff, same for the new summons from the Fall weapon.

The summon from Old Scratch and the Witchdoctor's own summons can still be buffed up with Spell Power though. However, gear summons (Moo robe, scorpion staff) as well as Baar's and Gracie's summons do not get buffed by spell power.
I second this, neither spell power boosts them, nor Ocoruburus reduces there level. They are no more bound to spell power.

Sincerely,
Stubborn Duncan Freeman

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
DeathWiz101378 on Oct 2, 2015 wrote:
Poison going critical has been in the game ever since the level 65 update, possibly even before that. If you have a swashbuckler you can see that sometimes poison misses (doing around 140 damage depending on your spooky), then it can go epic critical (230 roughly), mega critical (310 roughly) and -extremely rarely- super critical at roughly 360 damage.
Sorry for not being clear, was talking about summons :)

@Alex: good infos thanks!

Gunner's Mate
Sep 30, 2009
Oooh. OK. Well then I would ask in their update that the make it show up that its gone critical. Like am I wrong in saying its a sort of "silent" critical? Like I know when you get a mega hit or heal it shows up as epic or mega or super. I might be wrong but poison doesn't do that for some reason does it?