Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Nightmare Scenario?

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
If it is true that KI developers are working toward fixing the Imperial Crown and Boots of Moo Manchu, and allowing Charm and Charming Gaze into Ranked PVP - I present to you the true OP set up:
Take a Privateer and equip them with the complete outfit of Moo Manchu, let the weapon be the Nefarious Staff and the totem will be the Grizzled Heart Banner; accessory will be the Masque of the Lotus. Also have the pet with Charming Gaze.
Just for fun let's give them these companions: Goronado, Nausica & Baar.
How will you win then?
My own Privateer already has access to these items - Moo's Hat and Robes, the Nefarious Staff & the banner. If I had the crowns, I could certainly buy her Goro and getting Nausica for her wouldn't break my budget. And yes I have a pet that has Charming Gaze at 2 ranks.
It's not impossible that this set up could happen.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
anecorbie on Sep 3, 2015 wrote:
If it is true that KI developers are working toward fixing the Imperial Crown and Boots of Moo Manchu, and allowing Charm and Charming Gaze into Ranked PVP - I present to you the true OP set up:
Take a Privateer and equip them with the complete outfit of Moo Manchu, let the weapon be the Nefarious Staff and the totem will be the Grizzled Heart Banner; accessory will be the Masque of the Lotus. Also have the pet with Charming Gaze.
How will you win then?
My own Privateer already has access to these items - Moo's Hat and Robes, the Nefarious Staff & the banner. If I had the crowns, I could certainly buy her Goro and getting Nausica for her wouldn't break my budget. And yes I have a pet that has Charming Gaze at 2 ranks.
Really puts our problems in perspective. People are complaining about swashes with moo robes, but wait until this happens. However, there'll be a counter to it, as there is to everything.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
How will you win then?
Well it does depend on two things:
-Rest of the gear(Necklace and Ring)

-What Class you are

I'll do my best with what you have provided, and because of text limit I will compare just the same class to it:
: This class can have an advantage over a Moo user: specifically, Fort advantage. Since Moo gear is being used, a Privateer player can have +2 Forts(Boots and Hat), which means with that setup, you can only have a maximum of one extra Fort, which means only four protection spells(counting valor's shield). If I Bring a Will team, it will be less likely for my companions to be charmed. For Minions, I can team buff to overpower them. With scorpions, if they cannot hit, their weapon power does not matter. I could also attempt to hit the banner and make them go crazy on each other. For the Charges on Moo's robe I can use March's Dispel(or technomage glasses), and gunnery spam if they levy. And since the companion team you described is not will based, I can zeal when they show up and one companion can easily be defeated with March. Frozen Boots would just force me to buff and would not do too much, especially if I Invested in ranged units. Infernal Wave would not affect too much, outside of possibly preventing a single target heal. Masque of Lotus would indeed be a problem, but of course with a will team, it will be harder for my companions to be charmed.

Of course, these are specific counters, not taking into account combos, your team buffs, etc. because no one can tell that unless an actual battle ensues. This is just showing that there are ways

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2013
How will you win then?
I was fighting people like that be for rank it's not that hard but that's only because the battle board is not super small the small arena could make that really hard

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Cant use gaze, and double goose is better then goro and baar, this set up seems op but most of my losses are with that set up, i advise you try this at high ranks before you make an opinion

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
FireMorgan13 on Sep 3, 2015 wrote:
Really puts our problems in perspective. People are complaining about swashes with moo robes, but wait until this happens. However, there'll be a counter to it, as there is to everything.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65
Its called being a melee class and charging i cant summon anything if i need to fort myself and buff my team

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on Sep 5, 2015 wrote:
Cant use gaze, and double goose is better then goro and baar, this set up seems op but most of my losses are with that set up, i advise you try this at high ranks before you make an opinion
Is Hero high enough rank to make an opinion? I simply took the items that are garnering the most complaints of "OP" and "unfair", and put forward a situation very likely to happen in ranked PVP
As for Charm & Charming Gaze, Ratbeard has said it will be back ( as soon as some bugs are worked out, so maybe, Robert, you can drag that Masque of the Lotus out of your bank and equip it.)
You're right about Goro, Baar and Nausica not being such a problem as is perceived; even I have brought down this trio of "OP" companions, but it took a combination of good luck ( on my part ) and poor planning ( on the part of my opponent ). And we both had the Cotta in play.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
anecorbie on Sep 6, 2015 wrote:
Is Hero high enough rank to make an opinion? I simply took the items that are garnering the most complaints of "OP" and "unfair", and put forward a situation very likely to happen in ranked PVP
As for Charm & Charming Gaze, Ratbeard has said it will be back ( as soon as some bugs are worked out, so maybe, Robert, you can drag that Masque of the Lotus out of your bank and equip it.)
You're right about Goro, Baar and Nausica not being such a problem as is perceived; even I have brought down this trio of "OP" companions, but it took a combination of good luck ( on my part ) and poor planning ( on the part of my opponent ). And we both had the Cotta in play.
No hero is quite low actually, the bare minimum for hero is half of champ, id say at least a 350 paragon would be adequate