Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Year's Eve Tournament

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Wednesday Dec. 31, 2014 - Thursday Jan. 1, 2015
I, Esperanza Devereaux, will host a New Year's Eve parrrty/tournament at my Smuggler's Cove house. All who wish to take part, meet me in Avery's Court at 6 pm central time zone on Mordekai realm. I can't friend new people as my list is FULL. Your best option is to be a friend-of-a-friend.
Tournament starts at 7 pm and ends at 2 am. ( I do need to sleep ).
This will be an old-fashioned, rough and ready, pirate brawl!
ALL classes are welcome!
ALL companions may compete!!
Any and all gear is allowed!!!
The format is a 4v4 fight, or team fights, no 3v2 or 2v1, anything that happens like that and the match will be declared invalid
Only one rule: NO Doubloons!
Courtesy and good sportsmanship is crucial, any infringing beyond good natured teasing, and you will be evicted!
There are no prizes beyond honor and fame, when I post the results: Here
( since I'm hosting, I'll be recording the results, not taking part. If all goes well, I may try this on another holiday. )

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
anecorbie on Dec 18, 2014 wrote:
Wednesday Dec. 31, 2014 - Thursday Jan. 1, 2015
I, Esperanza Devereaux, will host a New Year's Eve parrrty/tournament at my Smuggler's Cove house. All who wish to take part, meet me in Avery's Court at 6 pm central time zone on Mordekai realm. I can't friend new people as my list is FULL. Your best option is to be a friend-of-a-friend.
Tournament starts at 7 pm and ends at 2 am. ( I do need to sleep ).
This will be an old-fashioned, rough and ready, pirate brawl!
ALL classes are welcome!
ALL companions may compete!!
Any and all gear is allowed!!!
The format is a 4v4 fight, or team fights, no 3v2 or 2v1, anything that happens like that and the match will be declared invalid
Only one rule: NO Doubloons!
Courtesy and good sportsmanship is crucial, any infringing beyond good natured teasing, and you will be evicted!
There are no prizes beyond honor and fame, when I post the results: Here
( since I'm hosting, I'll be recording the results, not taking part. If all goes well, I may try this on another holiday. )
Huh...6 PM Central time?18:00 o clock?That's...1 in the morning my time...and it will start at 2 in the morning and run until...9 AM?

Even though I'm not too sure how much sleep I'll be getting on New Year's Eve.(I have a hard time falling asleep after the celebration),but I'm not too sure I'll make it...First week of January is kinda the busiest for me,though,like most of January,it is much more free(I just found out the comparative of free is freer.No joke) than the entirety of December.

Overall,I don't think I can be up all night for several nights,and consider ''I had to do a PvP tournament) a viable reason...

And ugh,still haven't gotten the Mask of the Lotus!Though,I may get some time to farm with the holiday around the corner(yes,I said holiday,as in,just one day,December 25th),so let's hope this does go well...not that I can't PvP without it,I'm just much more comfortable knowing I can twist the minds of my foes with more than just the Loa's Gifts of Power.(AKA witchdoctor spells,AKA Charm)

Oh and honor and fame are prizes enough for me!But,there's a lot of obstacles in my path...

So...in short,it's late,and it's during a more constricting time for me...

Hmm?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Sorry, Felix, I knew when I planned this that the time would be beyond your ability to attend, Even some Marauders in the U.S. may have a hard time clearing their schedule to attend. School, work and demands of real life could cause the tournament to flop.
I'm just trying something I did on other MMOs I've played - hosting a party on New Year's Eve.
Perhaps we can get together and plan a tournament on another holiday - you tell me what works best for you.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
The Hoodoo Master on Dec 19, 2014 wrote:
Huh...6 PM Central time?18:00 o clock?That's...1 in the morning my time...and it will start at 2 in the morning and run until...9 AM?

Even though I'm not too sure how much sleep I'll be getting on New Year's Eve.(I have a hard time falling asleep after the celebration),but I'm not too sure I'll make it...First week of January is kinda the busiest for me,though,like most of January,it is much more free(I just found out the comparative of free is freer.No joke) than the entirety of December.

Overall,I don't think I can be up all night for several nights,and consider ''I had to do a PvP tournament) a viable reason...

And ugh,still haven't gotten the Mask of the Lotus!Though,I may get some time to farm with the holiday around the corner(yes,I said holiday,as in,just one day,December 25th),so let's hope this does go well...not that I can't PvP without it,I'm just much more comfortable knowing I can twist the minds of my foes with more than just the Loa's Gifts of Power.(AKA witchdoctor spells,AKA Charm)

Oh and honor and fame are prizes enough for me!But,there's a lot of obstacles in my path...

So...in short,it's late,and it's during a more constricting time for me...

Hmm?
Anyone wanna start this early?

I'll be in school on January 31 st,and because I'm second shift,I expect to be home by 19:45(expect,sometimes they shorten our classess on new year's eve)

Keep in mind,that my time is seven hours in front of central time,six hours in front of eastern time,ten hours in front of arctic and so on.

So,I'll be home by 12-13 o clock US central time?

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
anecorbie on Dec 19, 2014 wrote:
Sorry, Felix, I knew when I planned this that the time would be beyond your ability to attend, Even some Marauders in the U.S. may have a hard time clearing their schedule to attend. School, work and demands of real life could cause the tournament to flop.
I'm just trying something I did on other MMOs I've played - hosting a party on New Year's Eve.
Perhaps we can get together and plan a tournament on another holiday - you tell me what works best for you.
My birthday?(June 10th)

Blind Mew Day?(June 19th)

Also,I don't know if you'd wanna host a New Years Day tournament,would ya?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
For those who wish to come to the paaarrrty on New Year's, yet don't want to join the PVP tournament; there will be other activities:
A Mount Race: is your mount the fastest? Prove it in a race from the docks of Smuggler's Cove to the pvp arena! ( no cutting through the house allowed! )
Hide & Seek: Take turns hiding and seeking in Smuggler's Cove, plenty of places to hide! Can you find all your friends?
And of course visiting and chatting with friends ( new & old ).

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on Dec 21, 2014 wrote:
no 1v1 :(
That's right teams only.
An extra activity is planned: if I get money for Christmas ( and I usually do ) I'll be getting a Smuggler's Arena, so if you want to try your luck in this Pit-of-Death oops I mean fun challenge, I'll have one set up in the cave in the Smuggler's Cove.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Hoodoo Master on Dec 20, 2014 wrote:
My birthday?(June 10th)

Blind Mew Day?(June 19th)

Also,I don't know if you'd wanna host a New Years Day tournament,would ya?
How about Chinese New Year's during the day? And, yeah New Year's Day will find me sleeping it away.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
I'll try to attend, I'll try to be holiday-e and use the holiday companions and mounts, there's not allot of clothing o:

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Reminder: Dec 31 - Jan. 1
Meet: Avery's Court, Mordekai server, 6 pm central time
tournament @ my Smuggler's Cove house starts at 7 pm central and continues to 2 am.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Time Change! ( all times are central time zone )
Meet and greet will be at 7 pm and tournament has been moved to 8 pm. Tournament also is ending at 1 am

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
What if you gave a party and no one showed? That's what happened. I'm not blaming anyone over this, I was fairly sure it would be a huge success or fail miserably. The trouble was, I chose a terrible night for a party/tournament. New Year's Eve! People probably already had plans!
But I'm not giving up! Chinese New Year's is next month! And I believe its going to be the Year of the Monkey! Just wait until I post my plans for that!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Dang it! It's the Year of the Wood Ram! Still its a good excuse for a party!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Jan 1, 2015 wrote:
What if you gave a party and no one showed? That's what happened. I'm not blaming anyone over this, I was fairly sure it would be a huge success or fail miserably. The trouble was, I chose a terrible night for a party/tournament. New Year's Eve! People probably already had plans!
But I'm not giving up! Chinese New Year's is next month! And I believe its going to be the Year of the Monkey! Just wait until I post my plans for that!
Darn! I was really hoping you would get a good turn out. I wasn't able to come unfortunately. I got an unexpected announcement of when my move date would be and had to keep pushing myself to get things packed. With my levels of back pain I deal with, you can only imagine the levels of pain I was dealing with so any gaming was out of the question. I had planned on attending even though I am not a PvPer, it still sounded like it was going to be fun. Perhaps you are right that a new date in the new year will be much more successful. Kudos to you for your wonderful attitude about everyone's IRL busyness. *Chrissy Hugs*