Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Nefarious Staff - It's a must have

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1465
This isn't anything along the lines of a complaint and I am trying to get the staff now myself.
I've seen posts by ratbeard saying "We don't want anything to be a must have piece of gear."

Well for witchdoctors a multi targeting 5 ranged staff is already good enough but with a 9 square scorpion summon it makes it a must have weapon for witchdoctors in my opinion.

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
126
witchdoctor daruis on Aug 26, 2015 wrote:
This isn't anything along the lines of a complaint and I am trying to get the staff now myself.
I've seen posts by ratbeard saying "We don't want anything to be a must have piece of gear."

Well for witchdoctors a multi targeting 5 ranged staff is already good enough but with a 9 square scorpion summon it makes it a must have weapon for witchdoctors in my opinion.
It is their weapon after all it was meant to be one of their strongest weapon if not The strongest simply because its the hardest to get I'm not a witchdoctor myself but I use the staff on my privateer sometimes

Ensign
Nov 29, 2013
18
witchdoctor daruis on Aug 26, 2015 wrote:
This isn't anything along the lines of a complaint and I am trying to get the staff now myself.
I've seen posts by ratbeard saying "We don't want anything to be a must have piece of gear."

Well for witchdoctors a multi targeting 5 ranged staff is already good enough but with a 9 square scorpion summon it makes it a must have weapon for witchdoctors in my opinion.
It's 4 range and for witch it practically is because of the summons that can help counter or distract a player for a little bit

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9321
witchdoctor daruis on Aug 26, 2015 wrote:
This isn't anything along the lines of a complaint and I am trying to get the staff now myself.
I've seen posts by ratbeard saying "We don't want anything to be a must have piece of gear."

Well for witchdoctors a multi targeting 5 ranged staff is already good enough but with a 9 square scorpion summon it makes it a must have weapon for witchdoctors in my opinion.
Not only are Witchdoctors using it ( in PVP ) but so are Privateers; and on one very memorable occasion, a musketeer I was fighting was equipped with that staff.
But this item doesn't have a wide range of application to all classes, as the Moo Robes do. Nor is it necessary even for a WD to win in a PVP battle. Many staffs give a better range than the Nefarious staff. Just commenting, and I hope you get that staff.

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
119
witchdoctor daruis on Aug 26, 2015 wrote:
This isn't anything along the lines of a complaint and I am trying to get the staff now myself.
I've seen posts by ratbeard saying "We don't want anything to be a must have piece of gear."

Well for witchdoctors a multi targeting 5 ranged staff is already good enough but with a 9 square scorpion summon it makes it a must have weapon for witchdoctors in my opinion.
Nefarious staff has 3(base) range, like almost any other staff. Yes, I find it the best staff in the game in my opinion, because of the scorpions and the talent Jobu's rouse that never gets talked about. It is not necessarily a "must have" because of its low range. Some would prefer the range 6(base) weapons(fairly common) and the Staff of Power for Witchdoctors for the 4(base) range extra will and spell power(not very common) Powerful is different from "must have"

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
826
almost flawlessed someone yesterday who used staff, banner, and robe, before he beat me without staff, not using the staff really does seem to work better

Ensign
May 23, 2015
33
witchdoctor daruis on Aug 26, 2015 wrote:
This isn't anything along the lines of a complaint and I am trying to get the staff now myself.
I've seen posts by ratbeard saying "We don't want anything to be a must have piece of gear."

Well for witchdoctors a multi targeting 5 ranged staff is already good enough but with a 9 square scorpion summon it makes it a must have weapon for witchdoctors in my opinion.
I have the Nefarious Staff on my witch and trust me while it may be marginal at best in PVP and serve as a distraction for terracotta warriors the scorpions are not very good without the beast banner. You are better off with a high range wand. Scorpion AI is horrible and I have seen them go around the closest target to go after something else and they simply move away from hidden targets. It is ok at lower level PVP but don't count on it the range is absolutely dreadful.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1465
Mike888b on Aug 26, 2015 wrote:
I have the Nefarious Staff on my witch and trust me while it may be marginal at best in PVP and serve as a distraction for terracotta warriors the scorpions are not very good without the beast banner. You are better off with a high range wand. Scorpion AI is horrible and I have seen them go around the closest target to go after something else and they simply move away from hidden targets. It is ok at lower level PVP but don't count on it the range is absolutely dreadful.
First off all summons move away from hidden enemies unless they are cotta and they decided to use their Levi's call if it's unused second of all I saw the staff with a 5 base range and I have seen people use readied spell from 6 squares away with this staff also this gives an unacquirable talent for witchdoctors which you can't get from anywhere else Jobus Ruse

If you don't think this is a must have name a staff that's similar or better.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9321
witchdoctor daruis on Aug 28, 2015 wrote:
First off all summons move away from hidden enemies unless they are cotta and they decided to use their Levi's call if it's unused second of all I saw the staff with a 5 base range and I have seen people use readied spell from 6 squares away with this staff also this gives an unacquirable talent for witchdoctors which you can't get from anywhere else Jobus Ruse

If you don't think this is a must have name a staff that's similar or better.
The Nefarious Staff does have a range of 3, if what you saw contradicted that 1. it's a bug and should be reported. or 2. there was something else in operation with the staff.
Yes Jobu's ruse is useful if your accuracy isn't very good. Moo Manchu's Staff of Power ( ) is equal to or better than the Nefarious Staff.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
382
witchdoctor daruis on Aug 28, 2015 wrote:
First off all summons move away from hidden enemies unless they are cotta and they decided to use their Levi's call if it's unused second of all I saw the staff with a 5 base range and I have seen people use readied spell from 6 squares away with this staff also this gives an unacquirable talent for witchdoctors which you can't get from anywhere else Jobus Ruse

If you don't think this is a must have name a staff that's similar or better.
Staff is 3 range. +1 if you're a witch.

The only other way to increase range is eagle eyes, either from pet (not reliable) or from Ghor companion.

If you see 5 range without these then I suggest you have your eyes checked.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1465
Silver Angel on Aug 28, 2015 wrote:
Staff is 3 range. +1 if you're a witch.

The only other way to increase range is eagle eyes, either from pet (not reliable) or from Ghor companion.

If you see 5 range without these then I suggest you have your eyes checked.
It must be a bug because every bonnie I see can shoot someone from up to 5 squares away sometimes I see a lot of range bugs

Also Anecorbie what are the staffs stats that you mentioned?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9321
witchdoctor daruis on Aug 29, 2015 wrote:
It must be a bug because every bonnie I see can shoot someone from up to 5 squares away sometimes I see a lot of range bugs

Also Anecorbie what are the staffs stats that you mentioned?
Sorry for my late reply, here's the information:
Staff of Power ( staffy )
Weapon Damage 195
Range 4
bonus from will
Grants
Increased base will
Mojo Mastery
I really want this staff for my witchdoctor, IMO it's better than scorpion swarm ( which is really weak ).