Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Muskets Camping in Corners With Traps

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 12, 2010
I was just sitting at 11-0 as a buck and I come across my first musket of the season. As a normal good player I start loading up and rushing within 2 rounds. Next thing ya know hes got his whole crew in a single corner with traps and bombs surrounding him. I sat for a while and sent Quint up to make a way and what do ya know another barrage of bombs where he was. I couldnt do anything but sit there and attempt to survive 10 rounds until the bombs went away. But the continuous ranged attacks i was taking in I couldnt do anything but run into the bombs and hope for the best. As a buck I dont have really any counter to this. I was using Goro, Quint and Ninja Pig.

I know rushing right away can counter this but for the unexpected moments and this happens, any suggestions on how to possibly counter it?
(lvl 65)

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
try having a piece of gear with Walk in Darkness (I use the gladiator boots) this way you can just fort+shield and run through the bombs to frenzy 2-3 musket units, normally Chantal and Nausica this should help gain back the tempo of the match which bombs slow down. I use El Toro personally for this exact reason knowing Frenzy will indefinitely kill those 2 units and if not, get close enough to where it doesn't make a big difference if you fail to kill the 2-3 units.

I highly recommend if you use this strategy NEVER TO USE SHROUD I know this is random but I should bring it up lol because Witch Hunter hurts :)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TechnomagePvP on May 16, 2016 wrote:
try having a piece of gear with Walk in Darkness (I use the gladiator boots) this way you can just fort+shield and run through the bombs to frenzy 2-3 musket units, normally Chantal and Nausica this should help gain back the tempo of the match which bombs slow down. I use El Toro personally for this exact reason knowing Frenzy will indefinitely kill those 2 units and if not, get close enough to where it doesn't make a big difference if you fail to kill the 2-3 units.

I highly recommend if you use this strategy NEVER TO USE SHROUD I know this is random but I should bring it up lol because Witch Hunter hurts :)
The Gladiator Boots are part of the Empire Bundle - if you don't have/can't get this bundle there is a piece of gear that sometimes is available in the bazaar: Auric Peril boots, these also give Walk in Darkness. Or you can try to get this as a drop in the Tower of Moo Manchu.
Anyway, good luck with the Musketeers!

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
Like Technomage said your a tank so just buff and run through them

If you want a more passive solution you can always just raise barricade and wait out the traps if you wish to train barricades from the musketeer trainer

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
SpellBinder Darius on May 17, 2016 wrote:
Like Technomage said your a tank so just buff and run through them

If you want a more passive solution you can always just raise barricade and wait out the traps if you wish to train barricades from the musketeer trainer
Bucaneers are only physical tanks, bombs are spooky damage.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Too bad Bucks can't get the talent: Alert. ( What am I saying? If they had that they would be unstoppable.....)
Hmmm, wonder if there's a pet that grants this talent?

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
Silver Angel on May 17, 2016 wrote:
They will still need those buffs for the musketeers Overwatch and they should know that buffs include absorbs to resist the bombs

Ensign
Jul 26, 2013
That's how they get you, but its really satisfying when your the musketeer camping in the corner.

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2012
Silver Angel on May 17, 2016 wrote:
Actually, bombs are odd. They do spooky damage when being summoned (like when they fall on you) but they do physical damage when being walked over. It's really weird. O_O