Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Musketeer PvP?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
Hey! So currently, I am leveling up my musket to max, currently in MB, and I'm planning to start PvP once I'm max and have all of my gear. I was wondering whether I could get some feedback about gear and companions, as well as overall advice for facing specific classes. I already have some PvP experience on my privy, so I know how to beat specific classes with specific strategies, but not sure if it will work on musket, specifically the Raise Barricade strategy, since I don't have anybody with Veng 3 and bucklers already have alert, so...

Gear:
Corrupted Archer's Vestment: Hail of Cannonballs + Super
Top Sergeant's Uniform: VA
Gladiator's Gaiters: WiD
Pet: currently working on morphing for Kraken's Lam, Triton's Song and Rally, with Scent 2, Tough, and Dodgy
Swivel Gun: Rain of Mortarshells
Death's Bargain: Soul Shroud
Apprentice's Charm: Fort
Sprocket Key: Purge (maybe the right hand charm for the cannonballs and bear trap)
Southern Cross Gem: Fort

Companions:
Chantal:
Burst Fire 2
Overwatch 3
Double Tap
Quick Adjust

Scratch:
Improved Mojo Blast 3
Mojo Echo 3
Witch Hunter

Nausica: (redeeming her at lvl 52 so she can get the extra epic)
Quick Adjust
Burst Fire 2
True Grit 3
Double Tap 1

All companions have Tough 4, Agile/Spirited 4, Accurate 4, Rough 4

Advice for Companions and gear would be nice, as well as advice for specific classes (mainly bucc and buckler) Thanks!

Petty Officer
Nov 22, 2010
Hey! As a fellow musketeer, I just wanted to say a few things I picked up on. One, I do not recommend giving Chantal quick adjust. As said by the Feisty Orange, I have never been in a situation where I said "darn it!" "If only I had quick adjust!". Her accuracy will be fine, so I would change that. Your gear seems really good, though I don't know if you are going to find yourself running out of powers, due to the fact you chose the fort totem over the tower one. Anyway, to the strategies.

For Buccaneers, just let them come to you. I my experiences, they have 2 main goals. Kill you and your Chantal. So, what I would say is either absorb character and pray, or sky spirit and hope Chantal goes mayhem with that over watch/burst fire spam. If their team is the classic Pete/Barnabus/Goro, and they don't rush their pirate, take out Pete, then Goro, then Barnabus, then destroy their character with purge.
Moving on the good ol' bucklers. 20$ say their going to rush you, in which case, Scratch 100% 1st turn, then BOMB SPAM! Kill order should be (Without rushed pirate) Fan, Goro, Sarah.
I hoped this helped, and just remember, YOU GOTTA KEEP ON BOMBING!

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
Thanks! So Chantal's setup should be overwatch 3, double tap 2, and burst fire 2?

Lieutenant
Jul 23, 2013
Petty Officer
Nov 22, 2010
Yes, Chantal needs Over 3, Burst 2, Double 2.
Good luck in the Brawlin' Hall

Ensign
Sep 17, 2012
First, advice for companions:
I recommend all companions (and yourself, for that matter) be level 65 and above.
Have one ranged companion (Musketeer/Witchdoctor)
Have two melee companions (Swashbuckler/Buccaneer/Privateer)
Next, advice for you:
Use the bombs, they are most helpful
Use the shots that cover certain squares, like spray, X, plus, or line
Use agility boosters, they help
Use traps and barriers, they will frustrate your opponent

Good luck!

-Husky Christo Mizzen, Level 65 Musketeer

Petty Officer
Nov 22, 2010
Excuse me sir, but I have a question, which I will try to say as nice as I can. Why in Ratbeard's Luscious beard would you bring any melee companions outside of the previously mentioned Ratbeard's? According to your advice, you will be using bombs, so you need to bring Old Scratch to raise their damage. So that is one companion down, now about option 2. There is this companion who's names rhymes with Rhantal Wivingstone, not sure if you have ever heard of her, but you she can get Overwatch 3, burst fire 2, and double tap 2, and has 3 supers. To the last companion, now you can bring your melee unit, or bring Duck Holiday/Nausica. Or Ratbeard's, your choice.
Sorry if I came off as rude, it wasn't my intention, but I wish you the best of luck in the arena. Happy Easter my friends!

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
christoman9000 on Mar 25, 2016 wrote:
First, advice for companions:
I recommend all companions (and yourself, for that matter) be level 65 and above.
Have one ranged companion (Musketeer/Witchdoctor)
Have two melee companions (Swashbuckler/Buccaneer/Privateer)
Next, advice for you:
Use the bombs, they are most helpful
Use the shots that cover certain squares, like spray, X, plus, or line
Use agility boosters, they help
Use traps and barriers, they will frustrate your opponent

Good luck!

-Husky Christo Mizzen, Level 65 Musketeer
I feel that the only good melee companions on Musket are ratbeard, and baar (if you don't have nausica). Although i appreciate your suggestion very much, It doesn't go with how I play. Scratch helps boost the power of bombs bringing them to around 1.2k in damage. Chantal is better than any melee companion that muskets can actually get with her 2 super sniper and her super. Not to mention another buff. Nausica is better than ratbeard in my play style, but if i feel like I want to rush defensively ratbeard will be used . I tend to like to stay back and then purge scratch buff and kill any nausica with scratch and chantal, if not, pete, if not, fan, if the pirate undefended, the pirate.