Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

moo nerf uncalled for

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
why didnt we even try the robe with the current nerf working correctly? its so bad right now because its bugged, if rats nberf worked correctly theyd a lot less to deal with, now this robe seems like its just for decoration and will be sitting in my bank, yea will buffs it but by how much? probably not much, completely ruined this once prestigious robe

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on Sep 16, 2015 wrote:
why didnt we even try the robe with the current nerf working correctly? its so bad right now because its bugged, if rats nberf worked correctly theyd a lot less to deal with, now this robe seems like its just for decoration and will be sitting in my bank, yea will buffs it but by how much? probably not much, completely ruined this once prestigious robe
Prestigious? Pestiferous is a more apt description, IMO.

Developer
Nerf uncalled for?

I could point you to dozens of posts calling for it. Calling loudly. Daily.

For a nerf or worse.

As for not trying it-- I assure you, we tried from the time that the changes were announced until last night's patch to get that first round of adjustments working. Unfortunately, the new tech we created for PvP/PvE just wasn't there to do what we proposed at first.

Rather than keep hammering against that wall-- and taking into account other feedback that the sheer number of summons was dragging combats out-- we tacked in a new direction that accomplishes much the same overall reduction we were looking for.

In addition, being able to do it in a way that enhanced the Robe's utility for the WILL classes was an added perk.

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
zuto4011a on Sep 16, 2015 wrote:
It was indeed called for. Various times. Repeatedly. Everyone was rampant about a nerf. I'm perfectly happy with the way it is now.

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
Ratbeard on Sep 16, 2015 wrote:
Nerf uncalled for?

I could point you to dozens of posts calling for it. Calling loudly. Daily.

For a nerf or worse.

As for not trying it-- I assure you, we tried from the time that the changes were announced until last night's patch to get that first round of adjustments working. Unfortunately, the new tech we created for PvP/PvE just wasn't there to do what we proposed at first.

Rather than keep hammering against that wall-- and taking into account other feedback that the sheer number of summons was dragging combats out-- we tacked in a new direction that accomplishes much the same overall reduction we were looking for.

In addition, being able to do it in a way that enhanced the Robe's utility for the WILL classes was an added perk.
All you did was make moo robe useless.... .-.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
TechnomagePvP on Sep 16, 2015 wrote:
Useless? There is more to the game than just PVP, this robe was not effected at all in PVE game play...

As for PVP, there were so many people whining and complaining about how this robe was too OP for PVP and a must have, now that the robe is a bit more balanced for other classes and not such a mandatory must have, aka pay to win item, I don't see how it is now useless.

I can see how it may seem useless if this was your only strategy on winning and because of the changes it no longer guarantees your wins, then yes, I can see how it may seem useless to you now, but a true PVP player and strategist overcomes and finds new ways to win, one does not simply rely on crowns to buy a robe that guarantees them victory.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Darth JT on Sep 16, 2015 wrote:
Useless? There is more to the game than just PVP, this robe was not effected at all in PVE game play...

As for PVP, there were so many people whining and complaining about how this robe was too OP for PVP and a must have, now that the robe is a bit more balanced for other classes and not such a mandatory must have, aka pay to win item, I don't see how it is now useless.

I can see how it may seem useless if this was your only strategy on winning and because of the changes it no longer guarantees your wins, then yes, I can see how it may seem useless to you now, but a true PVP player and strategist overcomes and finds new ways to win, one does not simply rely on crowns to buy a robe that guarantees them victory.
he has like 8 champions, he doesnt rely on robe yea it helps but its easily defeated, as a privateer that has scratchs will buff and spell power buff on i'm lucky to summon 4 terrors and thats insane absolutely insane, PvE is easy enough anyone who has trouble with it shouldnt be in pvp at all because they clearly arent ready for it, moo robe, nefarious staff and banner, and all top pvp companions could be banned in pve and itd still be easy because the human brain will always be a better processor then a computer, majority of players dont think, ive seen that a lot in the lower levels of pvp and its these people who are unable to find a counter that complained so much, here is a list of counters for robe off the top of my head (the old robe, this one needs no counter)

1: raise barricade corner strat

2: buck rush, cant summons if you have to fort yourself

3: using the enemy summons as shield to prevent the enemies now buffed companions from hitting

4: staff banner

5: fog after the first charge(which would have been vaild except the regening bug kinda ruined this one)

6: zeal and a crit buff

7: double big guns= gg terrors

and thats what i came up with in 1 minute of thinking, 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, and 7 are the ones i have personally tested and seen the results and those worked so before you go calling something op just think, WWRD what would rob do

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
Darth JT on Sep 16, 2015 wrote:

Yes Moo Robe is my only strategy when I've played central with being in multiple semi's and finals where Robe wasn't allowed. The 2nd Champion using a Buck without Robe and 60% of my matches where my Robe never showed even when I had it equiped. Sorry but I'm simply going off facts and we're in the sparring chamber section of the forums so when I talk I'm basing it off PvP mostly because I do know the robes are useful in PvE (Even though I would rely on blood flames instead due to the length of the animations) but I can still easily beat the majority players without it and have for a long time. So before you make a little paragraph on how I need the robe to win do your research mostly considering you're not really showing any skill in this community yourself my friend, not trying to be rude but stating a fact.

Why make the robes useless is my question? I understand a nerf but with the summons averaging 3-4 with a Will buff is a bit overkill.... I feel like KI is trying too hard to make something either completely broken or completely useless now with this update. Props to them for listening and trying to fix it but this wasn't the way to go....

Again not trying to be rude but I don't appreciate the 'You need the robe to win' statement being placed on someone who countered the robe when the season started, just remember before you throw those types of accusations to do some research first mostly considering how many videos I have for you to research how many matches I've done w/ out the robes and my outcome of it.

~Technomage

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Nice of both of you to toot each others horns and all that jazz, but it really means nothing to me.

Techno stated that the Moo robe was made useless. I Disagree, simple as that. The problem is, PVP players complain about something so much, that when it is changed, they then state, oh, now it is just completely useless... Sorry, it's not completely useless or useless at all for that matter, now is it? That is a fact, just because you or a couple of you may not like the outcome, doesn't mean it made the robe useless.

So, if you are good enough to win without the robe, what does it matter if the robe was changed so that it is not so overpowered to other classes as it was? So many people and players complained about this robe, so when it is finally changed, now it's being called useless?

You want facts, no I don't do Ranked PVP, personal choice. I do pvp at times, normally when I find someone talking too much smack that they need to be knocked down a peg, but then I typically hear that I got lucky or some other excuse. I have nothing to prove to anyone, I have thoughts, opinions, and I can and do express them when I see fit. I don't think the moo nerf in pvp was uncalled for, nor do I think the moo robe is now useless, don't like my opinion or facts on the matter, fine, but don't think I am not qualified to express my thoughts.

DarthJT

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
TechnomagePvP on Sep 16, 2015 wrote:
It is far from useless. Even in PvP, by boosting your will you have a higher chance of summoning the moo soldiers. Maybe they're not Overpowered as they used to be, if that's what you consider as useless.

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
Darth JT on Sep 17, 2015 wrote:
Nice of both of you to toot each others horns and all that jazz, but it really means nothing to me.

Techno stated that the Moo robe was made useless. I Disagree, simple as that. The problem is, PVP players complain about something so much, that when it is changed, they then state, oh, now it is just completely useless... Sorry, it's not completely useless or useless at all for that matter, now is it? That is a fact, just because you or a couple of you may not like the outcome, doesn't mean it made the robe useless.

So, if you are good enough to win without the robe, what does it matter if the robe was changed so that it is not so overpowered to other classes as it was? So many people and players complained about this robe, so when it is finally changed, now it's being called useless?

You want facts, no I don't do Ranked PVP, personal choice. I do pvp at times, normally when I find someone talking too much smack that they need to be knocked down a peg, but then I typically hear that I got lucky or some other excuse. I have nothing to prove to anyone, I have thoughts, opinions, and I can and do express them when I see fit. I don't think the moo nerf in pvp was uncalled for, nor do I think the moo robe is now useless, don't like my opinion or facts on the matter, fine, but don't think I am not qualified to express my thoughts.

DarthJT
You're entitled to your opinion I 100% agree that you have an opinion and that's your thoughts on it. But don't got throwing those types of accusations or 'word it' even to sound like you're attempting to attack me as personally reading that it does feel like you're stating that "I/Me" rely on the warriors or crowns items to win. This is the message boards, and just in real life you shouldn't attack without evidence to back up your claim so unless you have proof that I can only win with crowns items, crowns companions, Moo Robe, etc feel free to prove it (which you would auto lose as I have multiple musketeer battles on youtube with the rat trap team, my Buck vids, etc) which you can't.

So for future reference go ahead and state your opinion but don't try to fire shots at me or any other members of the message boards without evidence to support your statement. Facts are facts feel free to state them if you can back it up, opinions you have entitlement to, accusations you should keep to yourself until you can provide supporting evidence.

~Tech

Bosun
May 10, 2010
TechnomagePvP on Sep 18, 2015 wrote:
You're entitled to your opinion I 100% agree that you have an opinion and that's your thoughts on it. But don't got throwing those types of accusations or 'word it' even to sound like you're attempting to attack me as personally reading that it does feel like you're stating that "I/Me" rely on the warriors or crowns items to win. This is the message boards, and just in real life you shouldn't attack without evidence to back up your claim so unless you have proof that I can only win with crowns items, crowns companions, Moo Robe, etc feel free to prove it (which you would auto lose as I have multiple musketeer battles on youtube with the rat trap team, my Buck vids, etc) which you can't.

So for future reference go ahead and state your opinion but don't try to fire shots at me or any other members of the message boards without evidence to support your statement. Facts are facts feel free to state them if you can back it up, opinions you have entitlement to, accusations you should keep to yourself until you can provide supporting evidence.

~Tech
I always back up my statements with facts and proof when I make claims and/or accusations. This is a fact that can be backed up through all of my Wizard101 and Pirate101 posts. I don't exaggerate numbers or just state things are too OP or too UP, I generally state my opinion, use facts to support my opinion and offer suggestions to fix or balance something.

My exact post to you, when you simply stated: All you did was make moo robe uselss...

I can see how it may seem useless if this was your only strategy on winning and because of the changes it no longer guarantees your wins, then yes, I can see how it may seem useless to you now, but a true PVP player and strategist overcomes and finds new ways to win, one does not simply rely on crowns to buy a robe that guarantees them victory

Now, I did not accuse anyone personally, maybe you have a guilty conscience? What I did state, I can see how it may seem useless IF this was your only strategy on winning. Now, according to you, it's not your only strategy for winning, so, if you have other strategies, how is this robe now useless?

You are stating it has no use, no value at all to anyone in PVP at all, that is what you are stating, where are your facts and evidence to support your claim?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Please, let's not hijack this topic with an "I said/you said" argument. The Robes have been adjusted, their powers left virtually intact and the season is coming to a close.
What impact the robes have had is now in the past, let's move on.