Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Mojo Burn Idea

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 12, 2016
Well, as it seems the witch hunter idea isn't going to be addressed for the meanwhile, I've had an idea that would allow witchdoctors to play to their strength. In Wizard101, the balance class has a spell named "mana burn," which I believe mojo burn was based off of. Mana burn damaged the opposing wizard yes, but it also deletes 3 of their pips. The problem with mojo burn is that while it does punish the other pirate for using a mojo buff, (and this is specifically toward privateers) it does not prevent them from healing everything back with said mojo buff. I propose mojo burn be buffed so that when it hits, it also purges any mojo buffs the opposing unit has, be it pirate or companion. Similarities can be drawn to witchdoctor's own purge magic, which has become very counterproductive to the class. This buff would also keep in line with the witchdoctor's mojo check function (like ocuboros) while keeping it weak to melee attackers. Thoughts?

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2015
TalonThundercloud on Jun 19, 2018 wrote:
Well, as it seems the witch hunter idea isn't going to be addressed for the meanwhile, I've had an idea that would allow witchdoctors to play to their strength. In Wizard101, the balance class has a spell named "mana burn," which I believe mojo burn was based off of. Mana burn damaged the opposing wizard yes, but it also deletes 3 of their pips. The problem with mojo burn is that while it does punish the other pirate for using a mojo buff, (and this is specifically toward privateers) it does not prevent them from healing everything back with said mojo buff. I propose mojo burn be buffed so that when it hits, it also purges any mojo buffs the opposing unit has, be it pirate or companion. Similarities can be drawn to witchdoctor's own purge magic, which has become very counterproductive to the class. This buff would also keep in line with the witchdoctor's mojo check function (like ocuboros) while keeping it weak to melee attackers. Thoughts?
Ouch. As a privateer, I'm cringing just thinking about a witch doing this to me. The idea, however, may have merit. Regardless of how this is accomplished, witch definitely needs a bit of help in the current state of things.