Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

MASSIVE PVP Unfairness.

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Row4n412 on Jan 11, 2014 wrote:
I've found the power on top of my deck frequently does not come up in the first round. In fact, if I really depend on a power to be one of the seven that come up in the first round, I make it my #2 card, and somehow it comes up much more reliably in the first round of PvP.
Thx for that moves ravens cry too second area :)

Ensign
Feb 17, 2013
Instead of choosing which cards come out first, we should choose which cards we want to exclude from any and all battles, for both PvP and PvE. Kind of like putting the companions to sleep, but with abilities.

This will eliminate the bulk of powers and spells you already know you are not going to use in the span of one battle, and it will increase the odds of the powers you want and need showing up on time. Just block out the spam.

I have created a character for all the classes except swashbuckler and each one of them have a bulk of spells I did not even want to train let alone appear on my power bar during a battle (because using them would be a waste of a turn, and only lengthen a battle, which makes things seem a bit tedious after a while). Maybe players can gain a snooze button for locking powers into hibernation for every five levels? This idea would keep the frame-work for the pirates 101 selection of powers showing up in a random order with an added package of convenience. I think this approach would be easier and more possible for pirates 101.

Class Level
Buccaneer 65
Witchdoctor 64
Privateer 38
Musketeer 13

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
insane zane on Jan 14, 2014 wrote:
Instead of choosing which cards come out first, we should choose which cards we want to exclude from any and all battles, for both PvP and PvE. Kind of like putting the companions to sleep, but with abilities.

This will eliminate the bulk of powers and spells you already know you are not going to use in the span of one battle, and it will increase the odds of the powers you want and need showing up on time. Just block out the spam.

I have created a character for all the classes except swashbuckler and each one of them have a bulk of spells I did not even want to train let alone appear on my power bar during a battle (because using them would be a waste of a turn, and only lengthen a battle, which makes things seem a bit tedious after a while). Maybe players can gain a snooze button for locking powers into hibernation for every five levels? This idea would keep the frame-work for the pirates 101 selection of powers showing up in a random order with an added package of convenience. I think this approach would be easier and more possible for pirates 101.

Class Level
Buccaneer 65
Witchdoctor 64
Privateer 38
Musketeer 13
I wouldn't go with the exclude route for if the battle taries and you run out of cards it is mighty handy to have those cards that you know for sure will not be blocked to get those hits in. Too many blocked or dodged hits and you are is serious danger of losing. They may be lesser hits but at least they are a sure thing. I love the idea of having maybe half your choices from a favorites class that you get to pick. Like yellow starring a friend you could yellow star your favorite hits then have three of your choices always come from your favorite cards. That should really ease the 'all junk' hands that have been happening.

Petty Officer
Sep 24, 2013
Looks like KI already has a great way to exclude powers you really don't want to see appear early on pirates with 2 pages of powers. Obviously it doesn't help Buccaneers and Swashbucklers much but hey at least it's something. Give it a try for yourselves and see if it works for you.

http://www.pirate101central.com/forums/showthread.php?49591-Second-page-powers-only-appear-after-ALL-first-page-powers

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Wicked Victor Arms... on Jan 14, 2014 wrote:
Looks like KI already has a great way to exclude powers you really don't want to see appear early on pirates with 2 pages of powers. Obviously it doesn't help Buccaneers and Swashbucklers much but hey at least it's something. Give it a try for yourselves and see if it works for you.

http://www.pirate101central.com/forums/showthread.php?49591-Second-page-powers-only-appear-after-ALL-first-page-powers
Nice catch and nice programing KingsIsle.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 15, 2014 wrote:
Nice catch and nice programing KingsIsle.
Oh so that's why I never see some powers

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
No matter how you organize pvp somebody will find an advantage over another based on class, powers, or equipment. The point of the randomness is to develop a strategy. The other player whom you say you cheaply beat was not able to come up with one. That is not the fault of the system but the fault of the player. He did not know how to utilize all his powers.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
DuranteRamses87 on Jan 17, 2014 wrote:
No matter how you organize pvp somebody will find an advantage over another based on class, powers, or equipment. The point of the randomness is to develop a strategy. The other player whom you say you cheaply beat was not able to come up with one. That is not the fault of the system but the fault of the player. He did not know how to utilize all his powers.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
What the Author of the thread states is that he has beaten people because they had bad powers at the start and he had good powers and vice versa he is not complaining at all he just wants a solution to pvp so people have to earn a win not just snatched the prize from the pendulum you know what i mean he wants the opponent and him to work hard for a win and make a well deserved glorious one