Just Stop

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Apr 19, 2012
292
Horrorstar on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
OK, so my main pirate is a witchdoctor, low health with a lot of ranged attacks. I have been called weak, wimpy, scared, and other far more rude things while in PVPs. Their reasoning behind this is because I send my companions out into the thick of battle while I stay behind them and hit from far away while buffing up my companions.
The fact that this happens constantly has really ruined PVP for me. I used to love it so much, now it's just another thing that upsets me. I have been battling with multiple mental health issues and Pirate101 is one way I can really get away from them, but this name calling and general rudeness in PVP drives me into the ground. So my message: Just stop, you have no idea about the person behind the screen and what goes on in their lives outside of Pirate101.

Hannah Ironside Level 65
Level 11
Level 5
They're just trying to get you mad so that you'll rush them. You're playing exactly the way that class needs to be played and they know it. Witchdoctors, Musketeers and Privateers all use the same tactics. Swashbucklers and Buccaneers are the only ones who wade into battle right from the start. I'm sorry if some rude players are making your gaming experience less enjoyable. I encounter them as well but I am usually able to shut them up pretty fast by...1. beating them or 2. using my extensive stockpile of snappy comebacks. Maybe we can meet out there in the Spiral and I could train you up on Snappy Comebacks101. My name is Wicked Erin and I am easy to find. Just look for a huge glowing aura of awesome and you'll find me directly beneath it. If you would like to become friends in the game it would be easy to arrange. My friends and I are a deadly pvp team and once you start hanging with us...won't nobody be messing with ya. :)

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
556
If you ever PvP, do it with friends or really friendly people out there.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
704
There was also a rude player,while doing a quest in cool ranch in the captain log as a swashbuckler. Yelling for no good reason to tell me to leave ? I was appalled ( feel bad ) by this type of behavior, I was just questing for a main storyline. I should have reported him for harassment,but instead i ignored his comment and went to a different realm.

That's not all there was also a player just joined and left during a quest, and made a rude comment to my swashbuckler in cool ranch.But again I stayed strong and ignored her rude comments,it was not this crazy before. But thankfully this is rear,just ignore theire comments or use the ignore button and carry on.

Ensign
Apr 16, 2014
2
i am a swashbuckler and look i get it, i have seen it in the game before, but that doesn't mean that you aren't better than them. I have gotten destroyed by witchdoctors before. you can ignore them like the other people have posted or you can challenge them to a sparing match and show them that that is the way witchdoctors fight... with ranged attacks(the best defense is offense). i hope that this helped you and i am sorry that people do this to you. sincerely,
Bloody Roberto Sharp

Petty Officer
Feb 05, 2013
74
Monkrinx2024 on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:
There was also a rude player,while doing a quest in cool ranch in the captain log as a swashbuckler. Yelling for no good reason to tell me to leave ? I was appalled ( feel bad ) by this type of behavior, I was just questing for a main storyline. I should have reported him for harassment,but instead i ignored his comment and went to a different realm.

That's not all there was also a player just joined and left during a quest, and made a rude comment to my swashbuckler in cool ranch.But again I stayed strong and ignored her rude comments,it was not this crazy before. But thankfully this is rear,just ignore theire comments or use the ignore button and carry on.
-.- Some people want to do things by themselves, or with a friend. Like, just wanna relax and do this quest, when people like you come along and ruin it. You have to be respectful to the other players personal space dude.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5768
Daring Destiny Dov... on Sep 3, 2014 wrote:
-.- Some people want to do things by themselves, or with a friend. Like, just wanna relax and do this quest, when people like you come along and ruin it. You have to be respectful to the other players personal space dude.
You have to be respectful of other people, also. Is it worth blowing your mouth off, just because someone joins in a battle? Sometimes these things happen accidentally.

Ensign
Apr 28, 2012
20
Horrorstar on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
OK, so my main pirate is a witchdoctor, low health with a lot of ranged attacks. I have been called weak, wimpy, scared, and other far more rude things while in PVPs. Their reasoning behind this is because I send my companions out into the thick of battle while I stay behind them and hit from far away while buffing up my companions.
The fact that this happens constantly has really ruined PVP for me. I used to love it so much, now it's just another thing that upsets me. I have been battling with multiple mental health issues and Pirate101 is one way I can really get away from them, but this name calling and general rudeness in PVP drives me into the ground. So my message: Just stop, you have no idea about the person behind the screen and what goes on in their lives outside of Pirate101.

Hannah Ironside Level 65
Level 11
Level 5
Use your own battle style, ignore them and have fun. And remember: it's only a game. It's for fun. If you find something stressful, take a break! But, remember, just ignore them and enjoy yourself.

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
325
Horrorstar on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
OK, so my main pirate is a witchdoctor, low health with a lot of ranged attacks. I have been called weak, wimpy, scared, and other far more rude things while in PVPs. Their reasoning behind this is because I send my companions out into the thick of battle while I stay behind them and hit from far away while buffing up my companions.
The fact that this happens constantly has really ruined PVP for me. I used to love it so much, now it's just another thing that upsets me. I have been battling with multiple mental health issues and Pirate101 is one way I can really get away from them, but this name calling and general rudeness in PVP drives me into the ground. So my message: Just stop, you have no idea about the person behind the screen and what goes on in their lives outside of Pirate101.

Hannah Ironside Level 65
Level 11
Level 5
It's like a thing with people. I'm a Privateer, I know how you feel. People always tease us or call us dishonorable or other such things (sometimes they attempt to say it much more rudely). Ignore them, have fun, and kick their sorry behinds! I love using mojo, it's awesome we all have to admit. Insta strikes, chicken boosts, and summons, if I can get the right things for that.
Cheerio and have fun!

Ensign
Aug 20, 2010
16
I am a privateer and as I just got text chat, I have not received rude comments YET. However, I have had people in PvP look at my team when I'm the only one, pause, then immediately join the other team, which chaps my hide. However, I have a privateer friend who decreed himself my guard and showed up and we left them feeling sore. As for insults, never forget that 'it takes one to know one". There isn't a very good retort to that one.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5768
Sandy Keira Ire on Dec 2, 2014 wrote:
I am a privateer and as I just got text chat, I have not received rude comments YET. However, I have had people in PvP look at my team when I'm the only one, pause, then immediately join the other team, which chaps my hide. However, I have a privateer friend who decreed himself my guard and showed up and we left them feeling sore. As for insults, never forget that 'it takes one to know one". There isn't a very good retort to that one.
Congrats on getting text chat; Bold Bess will look forward to 'speaking' with you! And as we used to say in Middle School to the bad mouth bullies - " I'm rubber and you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks onto you. "

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
Sandy Keira Ire on Dec 2, 2014 wrote:
I am a privateer and as I just got text chat, I have not received rude comments YET. However, I have had people in PvP look at my team when I'm the only one, pause, then immediately join the other team, which chaps my hide. However, I have a privateer friend who decreed himself my guard and showed up and we left them feeling sore. As for insults, never forget that 'it takes one to know one". There isn't a very good retort to that one.
LOL there is always "I know you are but what am I?" (In best Pee Wee Herman voice possible)

Commodore
May 31, 2009
801
anecorbie on Dec 2, 2014 wrote:
Congrats on getting text chat; Bold Bess will look forward to 'speaking' with you! And as we used to say in Middle School to the bad mouth bullies - " I'm rubber and you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks onto you. "
I've taken to saying, "I'm polymerized tree sap and you're an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off of me, returns to its original trajectory, and adheres to you."

Makes whoever is saying the nasty things stop and scratch their heads as they try to decipher what I've said.

Petty Officer
Sep 17, 2011
72
"Balance" in pvp in any, and most all online mmo's is a wishful dream and will most likely always be that way. Each class has it's own strengths and weaknesses, all classes are not created equal, if they were what would be the purpose of even implementing different classes with different abilities? When you start trying to make classes "equal" or "balanced" in pvp it more often then not leads to a never ending vicious spiral of nerfs, "fixes" and more nerfs to balance the initial nerfs and the fixes that inevitably will have to come later. The key is to learn how to properly play your particular class to make up for whatever weaknesses or imbalances you may perceive your class to have in comparison to others and in pirate101's case an important key to making up for a classes perceived weaknesses or imbalances is learning which companions/pets to use and how to best use them. A little strategy, patience, practice and know how goes a long way when trying to defeat opponent classes a player may perceive to be OP compared to the class they are playing/battling with.

Ensign
Sep 06, 2014
17
Horrorstar on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
OK, so my main pirate is a witchdoctor, low health with a lot of ranged attacks. I have been called weak, wimpy, scared, and other far more rude things while in PVPs. Their reasoning behind this is because I send my companions out into the thick of battle while I stay behind them and hit from far away while buffing up my companions.
The fact that this happens constantly has really ruined PVP for me. I used to love it so much, now it's just another thing that upsets me. I have been battling with multiple mental health issues and Pirate101 is one way I can really get away from them, but this name calling and general rudeness in PVP drives me into the ground. So my message: Just stop, you have no idea about the person behind the screen and what goes on in their lives outside of Pirate101.

Hannah Ironside Level 65
Level 11
Level 5
I see your point. Really, I think that's the best strategy. Everyone else is just jealous. Keep it going

Petty Officer
Sep 17, 2011
72
sparticus32 on Apr 5, 2014 wrote:
I personally don't like when people just jump to the conclusion that if someone is bad at pvp there a buccaneer. I admit we're not the best but we're not the worst either. No one is better than the other. It depends on how you train your companions, who you choose, what you've learned and most importantly your style of fighting. A buccaneer could beat a privateer if the Lvl up his companions and gives them good epics and also buffs his companions. On the other hand the privateer might just put whoever is new up first. His best ones could be a major lvl difference and his style might not be to buff as much and focus on attacking. In the end the buccaneer would probably win because his companions are high lvl, got good power triggers and have some buffs to keep them in. It also can depend on how you use your class and others. If a buccaneer has a wide assortment of classes (which I do) he is pretty well rounded and will be harder to kill then someone who only sticks to an additional one from his original. To name a few I can set traps, heal and buff, have extra health and damage, and cast a few spells. If you do ever see me in Battle look over to my talents all my talents are mostly rank three and like one or two a two. So it's not really about what class you are it's about how you play the game. (I swear my talent thing is almost bursting full and I've learned every combat talent everyone can get plus the buccaneer ones) and by talents I mean like vengeance strike and pirate.
I fully agree sparticus32. Well stated.

Petty Officer
Dec 26, 2012
62
Yup iIve had the same problem. Just because I'm a swash doesn't mean I would charge on the first turn. Its all about strategy, and the people who don't get that....well don't complain when someone beats you...just because they buffed up.

Don't let the bullies get to you horrorstar...thats what they want. That's what I do. Ignore button is great ^-^

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
352
If they are bothering you that much don't play pvp but there is a option to block enemy pvp chat.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
275
Horrorstar on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
OK, so my main pirate is a witchdoctor, low health with a lot of ranged attacks. I have been called weak, wimpy, scared, and other far more rude things while in PVPs. Their reasoning behind this is because I send my companions out into the thick of battle while I stay behind them and hit from far away while buffing up my companions.
The fact that this happens constantly has really ruined PVP for me. I used to love it so much, now it's just another thing that upsets me. I have been battling with multiple mental health issues and Pirate101 is one way I can really get away from them, but this name calling and general rudeness in PVP drives me into the ground. So my message: Just stop, you have no idea about the person behind the screen and what goes on in their lives outside of Pirate101.

Hannah Ironside Level 65
Level 11
Level 5
I know it's late but you know there's a lot of people who take this game seriously:P.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
704
Daring Destiny Dov... on Sep 3, 2014 wrote:
-.- Some people want to do things by themselves, or with a friend. Like, just wanna relax and do this quest, when people like you come along and ruin it. You have to be respectful to the other players personal space dude.
Not to be mean or anything, but this is an online game. Like someone point out, it happens accidentally and another thing be nice to the message board as well.

Ensign
Mar 16, 2015
12
Horrorstar on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
OK, so my main pirate is a witchdoctor, low health with a lot of ranged attacks. I have been called weak, wimpy, scared, and other far more rude things while in PVPs. Their reasoning behind this is because I send my companions out into the thick of battle while I stay behind them and hit from far away while buffing up my companions.
The fact that this happens constantly has really ruined PVP for me. I used to love it so much, now it's just another thing that upsets me. I have been battling with multiple mental health issues and Pirate101 is one way I can really get away from them, but this name calling and general rudeness in PVP drives me into the ground. So my message: Just stop, you have no idea about the person behind the screen and what goes on in their lives outside of Pirate101.

Hannah Ironside Level 65
Level 11
Level 5
Just ignore the people that are being mean.

Ensign
Jul 07, 2014
16
Horrorstar on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
OK, so my main pirate is a witchdoctor, low health with a lot of ranged attacks. I have been called weak, wimpy, scared, and other far more rude things while in PVPs. Their reasoning behind this is because I send my companions out into the thick of battle while I stay behind them and hit from far away while buffing up my companions.
The fact that this happens constantly has really ruined PVP for me. I used to love it so much, now it's just another thing that upsets me. I have been battling with multiple mental health issues and Pirate101 is one way I can really get away from them, but this name calling and general rudeness in PVP drives me into the ground. So my message: Just stop, you have no idea about the person behind the screen and what goes on in their lives outside of Pirate101.

Hannah Ironside Level 65
Level 11
Level 5
Wow, I'm sorry to hear that, it's weird, cause that's what Witchdoctors are FOR.

Ensign
Mar 24, 2015
2
Yea, don't let these ignorant bullies get to you. (easier said than done, I know, I've been in your position)

What you're doing is called strategy. hurt without getting hurt.
There is a battle board FOR strategy.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
704
It's not only in game that players just say mean stuff to others.What ruins it is some players were trolling around witch to me is annoying. It's not just bullying is wrong,but also trolling as well.Belive me I have been trolled sometimes in both games, I just ignore the player for the most part.But if that becomes bothersome just try to reason out with that player, if that player still won't listen to your request.Then that's the time to hit the report button,but only as a last resort or change realms.

Like the monkey king said " Don't feed the troll."

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
163
I believe I am a bit late to this topic . But I just love our community on these boards, everyone here is so nice! I have been called "noob" or whatever many times when I whoop someone in pvp, and I just brush it off. As many others have already said, ignore the person or switch realms. It will save you a headache! But yeah, I do think I am about a year late to this topic

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
352
Horrorstar on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
OK, so my main pirate is a witchdoctor, low health with a lot of ranged attacks. I have been called weak, wimpy, scared, and other far more rude things while in PVPs. Their reasoning behind this is because I send my companions out into the thick of battle while I stay behind them and hit from far away while buffing up my companions.
The fact that this happens constantly has really ruined PVP for me. I used to love it so much, now it's just another thing that upsets me. I have been battling with multiple mental health issues and Pirate101 is one way I can really get away from them, but this name calling and general rudeness in PVP drives me into the ground. So my message: Just stop, you have no idea about the person behind the screen and what goes on in their lives outside of Pirate101.

Hannah Ironside Level 65
Level 11
Level 5
If you don't want to hear it just ignore it it's just a game you'll be fine if you just ignore what there saying
-✨Krokotopia pirate✨