Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I am struggling with my musketeer.

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2012
Could someone help me with my musketeer I have some pretty good gear. I use ghor nausica and chantal but i keep going against buccaneers and swashbucklers and cannot win. They have all gotten smarter! Somebody HAAALLLPPP!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Koi the Fish on Sep 30, 2015 wrote:
Could someone help me with my musketeer I have some pretty good gear. I use ghor nausica and chantal but i keep going against buccaneers and swashbucklers and cannot win. They have all gotten smarter! Somebody HAAALLLPPP!
What level is your musketeer and in what world? Nausica is a very good companion, but she has 2 weaknesses - she's squishy and her power hits have to be performed on top of the enemy. Why not use Louis? Or I suggest you use one melee fighter with Hold the LIne. ( oh look, Ratbeard has volunteered. )
Go to Central to find gear for musketeers on the Wiki, you don't need an account for this, and you can search by class or level.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
anecorbie on Sep 30, 2015 wrote:
What level is your musketeer and in what world? Nausica is a very good companion, but she has 2 weaknesses - she's squishy and her power hits have to be performed on top of the enemy. Why not use Louis? Or I suggest you use one melee fighter with Hold the LIne. ( oh look, Ratbeard has volunteered. )
Go to Central to find gear for musketeers on the Wiki, you don't need an account for this, and you can search by class or level.
Nausica squishy? To my knowledge she's like the second toughest musk after Louis and his clone.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Where in the story are you struggling with?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Silver Angel on Sep 30, 2015 wrote:
Nausica squishy? To my knowledge she's like the second toughest musk after Louis and his clone.
She's squishy unless you've put a Fort on her. Without it, she's doomed.

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2012
Sorry forgot to mention max level and in pvp.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Sorry forgot to mention max level and in pvp.
Use the Musketeer's best friend - Raise Barricade, and make sure it is right next to you and your companions. This defense is very effective and keeps out SBs and Bucks. Using one melee companion in this defense is best.
The set up:
If you go first, you won't be able to move so I suggest putting a Fort or Armor on yourself ( have you farmed for this gear? )
If you go second then move Chantal to a far corner, yourself beside her, then Louis next to you, then the melee companion ( either Ratbeard or Wing Chun ( If he has First Strike 3, Chun is also good for his heal. )
Then begin spamming cannon balls and traps.
Here is a visual of a standard Musketeer defense ( one that has been used against me many times, with effect. )
TOTOOOM L Y C
TOOOOBBBBB
T T
MLYC = Melee, Louis, you, Chantal
T = Traps
O = Cannon Balls
B = Barricade
Hope this helps you.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
anecorbie on Sep 30, 2015 wrote:
She's squishy unless you've put a Fort on her. Without it, she's doomed.
Isnt that the case of any companion? lol

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Build a different strategy you've become predictable......

Virtuous Dante Ramsey