Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How to be a great pvp pirate!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 02, 2012
Ahoy pirates in the spiral today I will give you some tips with pvp!

1)Dont always focus on endurance.
Why should not you focus on endurance? There are certain reasons why.
  • Witchdoctors can mojo reaver or blade you which can harm you by a heap
  • Buffed players will do a mass of damage and sometimes instantly kill you
2)Buff before you get in a fight
It is important you do a heap of damage

Thats all my tips for now

Chase

Captain
May 13, 2011
Legend of Cool Ran... on May 28, 2013 wrote:
Ahoy pirates in the spiral today I will give you some tips with pvp!

1)Dont always focus on endurance.
Why should not you focus on endurance? There are certain reasons why.
  • Witchdoctors can mojo reaver or blade you which can harm you by a heap
  • Buffed players will do a mass of damage and sometimes instantly kill you
2)Buff before you get in a fight
It is important you do a heap of damage

Thats all my tips for now

Chase
thats it?

1: dont think you can barge into enemy lines. think
2: what companions are best? choose companions that hide your weaknesses
3: know your enemy. dont group up against a musketeer or witchdoctor
4: if you plan tactics with someone, be in a group, or your enemy will know your strategy
5: you need to use your class benefits. stop someone as a buccaneer or force people to take another way as a musketeer
6: be a good sport. admit you lost if you did and dont slam it in peoples face if you win either

Ensign
Sep 02, 2012
Sneaky George Quar... on May 30, 2013 wrote:
thats it?

1: dont think you can barge into enemy lines. think
2: what companions are best? choose companions that hide your weaknesses
3: know your enemy. dont group up against a musketeer or witchdoctor
4: if you plan tactics with someone, be in a group, or your enemy will know your strategy
5: you need to use your class benefits. stop someone as a buccaneer or force people to take another way as a musketeer
6: be a good sport. admit you lost if you did and dont slam it in peoples face if you win either
Apparently I was only able to get one tip I ran out of time and needed more thinking And your tips were helpful anyways

Chase

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
Be maxed level with main companions also maxed level. Have all your card giving no trade gear farmed and equipped. There are so many options depending on your class and what you want to do. It's not just about the stats. Its more on your for sure talent(s) cards. if your out of cards you as good as dead in some cases =)

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2009
I'm a swashbuckler so this is what I'd do...

Me vs. Privateer (that might not be how you spell it)
Take out one companion at a time, but take them out really fast. Take out the companions before the Privateer can use Valor's Shield or other mega heals.

Me vs. Witchdoctor
Take out the Witchdoctor (I'd probably stay in a corner and buff myself). I'd probably use walk in darkness when I spread out my companions and such. Then I'd take out the Witchdoctor in a snap with myself and Bonnie Anne (maybe El toro and Catbeard too). After I take out the Witchdoctor I'd take out the companions too.

Me vs. Musketeer
First of all, I never would rush a Musketeer (I learned that the hard way). I'd also prepare for bombs and traps (Swashbucklers don't take as much damage as others from traps) by moving where I want to go. I'd also spread out my companions and then take out the musketeer's companions one at a tim

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
*shoots with sparkthrower* Are you kidding? You didnt even say to make a good strategy? tsk tsk tsk. *drops bombs onto post*

Dead-eye Luke, Level 65

Ensign
Jul 05, 2013
Bengalstar on Jun 21, 2013 wrote:
I'm a swashbuckler so this is what I'd do...

Me vs. Privateer (that might not be how you spell it)
Take out one companion at a time, but take them out really fast. Take out the companions before the Privateer can use Valor's Shield or other mega heals.

Me vs. Witchdoctor
Take out the Witchdoctor (I'd probably stay in a corner and buff myself). I'd probably use walk in darkness when I spread out my companions and such. Then I'd take out the Witchdoctor in a snap with myself and Bonnie Anne (maybe El toro and Catbeard too). After I take out the Witchdoctor I'd take out the companions too.

Me vs. Musketeer
First of all, I never would rush a Musketeer (I learned that the hard way). I'd also prepare for bombs and traps (Swashbucklers don't take as much damage as others from traps) by moving where I want to go. I'd also spread out my companions and then take out the musketeer's companions one at a tim
But we can still get hit by witchdoctors even when invisible this is why i can never beat any T_T

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
The1337Messenger on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
But we can still get hit by witchdoctors even when invisible this is why i can never beat any T_T
Aye. Swashbucklers can be hit by musketeers also. To beat a witchdoctor or a musketeer with a swashbuckler you need to have some ranged units with you. Lefty works well because he does decent damage, has overwatch and burst fire. Private Mills is another good choice because even though he doesn't have any power cards to use he has crazy burst fire and seems to get mega and epic hits more often than other musketeer companions.

Wicked Erin, Self Appointed Unlimited Class World Swashbuckling Champion Supreme