Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Highly Dissatisfied With

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 09, 2015
Dear KingsIsle, I am highly dissatisfied with the game feature “Ranked Pvp”, rank pvp is a way for players to fight it out and have a good ol time earning scrip and new ranks. Instead of actually enjoying earning scrip and climbing pvp ranks, I’m dreading really every PVP match I enter. The reason for this being so is that, I am a Swashbuckler, and Swashbuckler’s are known for their speed and cunning but that's all they have in PVP, they don’t really have protection or anything that can help them from Other classes like Buccaneers who spam kraken’s lament, any type of valor, and leviathan by wearing items plus the ones they obtain from their teacher, Witchdoctors spam valor uses scrorpion staff and the imperial robes of Moo Manchu just like every other class does, Muskets spam valor, and Privateers spam gunnery, the big guns, spam all of the valors, and krakens. In pirate101 there are many items in the Tower of moo Manchu, and elsewhere in the game for Buccaneers,Witchdoctors,Musketeers, and Privateers to obtain protection and super strikes, also from the Skull island Bazaar. Swashbucklers Can’t really get Valor Items anywhere, maybe one or two but it is still greatly outnumbered by how much other classes can get valor’s and krakens.

I was a warrior climbing my way up to champion, now I am back to contender losing more than I can win. The highlights of the problem are Moo Manchu Robe, and other classes getting more valor and krakens items. I’m not asking for much, just that you either; A. Limit how many Valor’s , Krakens, and Leviathans Can be used in pvp, maybe to one or two. B. Ban Moo Manchu Robe, Ban Scorpion summon, Ban any type of Valor’s, Ban Krakens, Ban leviathans. C. Give Swashbuckler the same or more amount of items that can grant Valor’s and Krakens that all the other classes get. I personally prefer C, because all I really want is for Swashbucklers to get a fair advantage in rank pvp. Rank PVP in Pirate101 should be a fun thing to look forward when you first wake up in the morning, instead I dread it and lose even if I have an excellent strategy. This isn’t a “You better do it email”, it’s simply asking that you please give Swashbucklers a chance. Signed, Orion (Max Swashbuckler)

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
Um swashes can get just as many items with valors fort there are about 4 I can think of as well as being able to have most amounts of Hide which is the strongest defensive power in the game being untargetable. The robe is a problem not going to lie x. x

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Dead Eye Griffin O... on Aug 26, 2015 wrote:
Dear KingsIsle, I am highly dissatisfied with the game feature “Ranked Pvp”, rank pvp is a way for players to fight it out and have a good ol time earning scrip and new ranks. Instead of actually enjoying earning scrip and climbing pvp ranks, I’m dreading really every PVP match I enter. The reason for this being so is that, I am a Swashbuckler, and Swashbuckler’s are known for their speed and cunning but that's all they have in PVP, they don’t really have protection or anything that can help them from Other classes like Buccaneers who spam kraken’s lament, any type of valor, and leviathan by wearing items plus the ones they obtain from their teacher, Witchdoctors spam valor uses scrorpion staff and the imperial robes of Moo Manchu just like every other class does, Muskets spam valor, and Privateers spam gunnery, the big guns, spam all of the valors, and krakens. In pirate101 there are many items in the Tower of moo Manchu, and elsewhere in the game for Buccaneers,Witchdoctors,Musketeers, and Privateers to obtain protection and super strikes, also from the Skull island Bazaar. Swashbucklers Can’t really get Valor Items anywhere, maybe one or two but it is still greatly outnumbered by how much other classes can get valor’s and krakens.

I was a warrior climbing my way up to champion, now I am back to contender losing more than I can win. The highlights of the problem are Moo Manchu Robe, and other classes getting more valor and krakens items. I’m not asking for much, just that you either; A. Limit how many Valor’s , Krakens, and Leviathans Can be used in pvp, maybe to one or two. B. Ban Moo Manchu Robe, Ban Scorpion summon, Ban any type of Valor’s, Ban Krakens, Ban leviathans. C. Give Swashbuckler the same or more amount of items that can grant Valor’s and Krakens that all the other classes get. I personally prefer C, because all I really want is for Swashbucklers to get a fair advantage in rank pvp. Rank PVP in Pirate101 should be a fun thing to look forward when you first wake up in the morning, instead I dread it and lose even if I have an excellent strategy. This isn’t a “You better do it email”, it’s simply asking that you please give Swashbucklers a chance. Signed, Orion (Max Swashbuckler)
Your letter is really amazing to me; here I thought that swashbucklers were OP because we spam hides and strikes. It's not easy to get forts, armors or krakens, yet it can be done. Swashbucklers have an even, balanced chance in PVP, the same as any other class. Banning isn't going to happen and KI will not be limiting the gear other classes can carry, just so you can have an easy win. If your "excellent strategy" is failing you, maybe it's not that good.

Ensign
May 09, 2015
Sunny Wolf on Aug 26, 2015 wrote:
Um swashes can get just as many items with valors fort there are about 4 I can think of as well as being able to have most amounts of Hide which is the strongest defensive power in the game being untargetable. The robe is a problem not going to lie x. x
Really name Swashbuckler items that provide valors, and krakens.

Hide doesn't mean a thing if someone spams valor and krakens.

I have noticed you are a privateer, so you may be a bit biased since you guys get all the valors.

I just want Swashbucklers to have as many Valor and kraken items just as the other classes do.

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013

I have noticed you are a privateer, so you may be a bit biased since you guys get all the valors.

I just want Swashbucklers to have as many Valor and kraken items just as the other classes do.
Not sure on Names right now but I'll do my best to describe a few ...

There is a Buckler eyepatch that grants a fort, dropped by Zeena.
There is a Outfit that Grants Leviathan's call(Outfit of Athena I believe)
There is a helm for bucklers(I think) that grants Valor's armor
There are boots that grant a fort(Shoes of Faunus), dropped by the Minotaurs
You can get Kraken's as a grant from a pet

And that is only to name a few of the top of my head. You can visit the Wiki to see the other Items that have defensive Grants for Bucklers

Privateers should be able to have more Defensive spells because it is their specialty. Bucklers technically can Hide spam, so you can wait their Defensive buffs out in most cases.

Ensign
May 09, 2015
anecorbie on Aug 26, 2015 wrote:
Your letter is really amazing to me; here I thought that swashbucklers were OP because we spam hides and strikes. It's not easy to get forts, armors or krakens, yet it can be done. Swashbucklers have an even, balanced chance in PVP, the same as any other class. Banning isn't going to happen and KI will not be limiting the gear other classes can carry, just so you can have an easy win. If your "excellent strategy" is failing you, maybe it's not that good.
My strategy is good, it works on every single person who doesn't spam krakens, spam valors, and use the imperial robe of moo manchu, and it's not about me getting about me getting an easy win, it's for me and other pirates here to enjoy ranked pvp and have a fair fight.

Swashbucklers should have access to as much valor's, krakens, and leviathan's as other classes...

All I'm asking really is for Swashbucklers to get more valor, kraken, and leviathan items.

I really don't care about the banning or limiting really, as that was something I just threw in there as a solution.

Swashbucklers kinda have a balanced chance, but it is also unbalanced because of the spamming.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Those other classes who have valor's fort and armor and kraken, got those items from farming ( even Privateers get the 'extras' from farming ).
For example I have a Valor's Fort from the Shoes of Faunus, it is dropped in Aquila by Cadmus, though mine came from the Plunderin' task. I also have a Kraken's ( a Grant from my pet ) so there are other ways besides farming to get this gear, if you really want it.
Tyson drops shoes that grant Valor's Armor, I think. But if you really want to know which bosses drop the gear you're looking for I suggest you go to Pirate101 Central and check out the wiki for those items.
IMO, having the same amount of valor's that a privateer does, isn't what the swashbuckler class was designed for and loading yourself with these items may not be the best strategy for any swashbuckler.

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009

Stormzilla egg, Asclepius talisman, cattle barons boots and there are others I'm not a swashbuckler main nor so I use one but those are a few I can think off the top of my head that alone is 3 and Ive never faced a good buckler that's needed more than 2 my rank is at paragon BTW so you should use your hide more effectively. And of course we get all the valor's that's Our power you don't see us going around asking why we don't get vicious charges or hides etc play to strength mate a swashes core is their hide not fort. Fort is a privateers

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
please no never add a shield limit, dont become central, btw paragon the 2nd highest rank is mostly swashbucklers from using mine and all my friends matches, they can be good but like i said for bucks most people dont know how to play their class, go watch the fiesty orange on youtube and watch a few buckler videos, then youll see how a real pvp player plays and you can learn a few things, every class has the tools to be champ, the person with the highest ranked score actually is a witch in the 600s so there is no excuse for any class not being champ other then simply not being good enough, ranked made a lot of people realize their ego's blinded them, athough i wouldnt mind a few more toys ratbeard

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009

And krakens? Do you mean leviathans call?..cause there are items for those too look up on the wiki there are lots of options why'd you want krakens over levithans is beyond me but uh go for it

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013

thats not your classes purpose, your class is for fast and deadly damage, but your class seems a little broken, you guys do less then bucks and have less health, your basically a weak buck which ki needs to fix somehow, reduce bucks output and make them the actual tanks they should be and increase your damage output to make you an actual glass cannon

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009

From the Pirate101 Central wiki:

Gives Valor's Armor: Card Shark's Ten Gallon, Cattle Baron's Boots, Gambler's Stetson,

Gives Valor's Fortress: Asclepius' Eye Bower, Asclepius' Talisman, Boots of Sanctuary, Koryo Tabi, Shoes of Faunus, Tantojutsu Headband,

Gives Kraken's Lament: Drover's Spurs

Gives Leviathan's Call: Chang Sing Gasa, Hato No Kai's Garb, Helm of Athena, Jack Ketch's Spats

This list may not be 100% complete.

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010

Ok harsh mode activated:

First off why haven't you looked at the fact that a Buckler can easily have 4 Forts? Hat, Boots, Accessories, and if you want stormzilla egg. So boom first off everyone automatically can have 1 Fort so it's all even because every class (Even Witches) really only need 1 fort, 2 if you have the space for it I guess.

You're a Buckler how can you struggle? Have you not been abusing the amazing Black Fog? What's your team, why don't you take a break from pvp and make sure to have everything perfected before you step into the arena. Do you have all the top Buckler gear which atm this set seems to be a favorite:

Fort Hat, Moo Robe, Fort/Revive Boots, Dragon Axe Of DOOOOM (Sorry had too), Fort Eye-patch, Tower Totem, Sprockets Key (Purge)/Revive Bazaar Charm, Tower ring/Revive Bazaar ring

Every class can make a pet with grant kraken lament and guess what Purge Magic is a thing against shield stacking. Considering there are atm 2 Buck's at Champion without Moo Robe and only using 1-2 forts it's not impossible to beat the Moo Robe so lets not get that convo started.

Again if you wanna walk into the arena with half par gear you're only handicapping yourself, as most say "Check yourself before you wreck yourself" apparently you didn't check your gear or maybe, sorry if this seems offensive but sometimes it's the harsh truth that's needed to be said, it's the fact that you may be lacking in skill. Are you playing correctly, setting your powers in order correctly, using everything in your arsenal to it's fullest potentials, do you place your companions correctly, etc. All these factor into your problem... Sorry but you're not really experiencing PvP if you can't get past Warrior.... Usually I say your point is completely invalid and bias if you can't get to Gladiator at least... Harsh reality, welcome to ranked pvp the make or break of Pirate101's community. I love it! :)

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
My strategy is good, it works on every single person who doesn't spam krakens, spam valors, and use the imperial robe of moo manchu, and it's not about me getting about me getting an easy win, it's for me and other pirates here to enjoy ranked pvp and have a fair fight.

Swashbucklers should have access to as much valor's, krakens, and leviathan's as other classes...

All I'm asking really is for Swashbucklers to get more valor, kraken, and leviathan items.

I really don't care about the banning or limiting really, as that was something I just threw in there as a solution.

Swashbucklers kinda have a balanced chance, but it is also unbalanced because of the spamming.
Valor's armor: Cattle baron's boots, gambler's Stetson, card shark's ten gallon
Valor's fortress: boots of sanctuary, shoes of Faunus, koryo tabi, Tantojustsu head band, Asclepius eye bower/tal
Leviathan's call: Hato no kai's garb, chang sing gasa, helm of Athena, jack keth's spats,
Valor's shield: orlop vest, adventures vest
triton song: ring of defiance
kraken's lament:?

This is all I can think of without looking not including any class stuff such as friar sands gourd or stormzilla egg.
good places to farm for more forts are grohl, friar sand, and ssiva
Valor's armor can be found at Tyson, bosun budd, and raindrop cave, ring of defiance gortez valor's shield iago etc.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

Did someone say "research"? Here's a few SB, shielding items 'I' (aka, P101 Wiki) managed to come up with. Just click the item to take you to it's Wiki page, where you can see who drops it.

Valor's Armor
Card Shark's Ten Gallon (Hat)-LVL15+
Cattle Baron's Boots (Boots)-LVL 30+
Gambler's Stetson (Hat)-LVL 20+

Valor's Fortress
Asclepius' Eye Bower (Accessory)- LVL 55+
Asclepius' Talisman (Accessory)- LVL 55+
Boots of Sanctuary (Boots)- LVL 45+
Koryo Tabi (Boots)- LVL 40+
Shoes of Faunus (Boots)- LVL 60+
Stormzilla Egg (Totem)- LVL 40+
Tantojutsu Headband (Hat)- LVL 45+

Kraken's Lament
Drover's Spats (Boots)- LVL 30+
Granted from a pet

Leviathan's Call
Chang Sing Gasa (Hat)- LVL 40+
Friar Sand's Gourd (Totem)- LVL 45+
Hato No Kai's Garb (Outfit)- LVL 45+
Helm of Athena (Hat)- LVL 55+
Jack Ketch's Spats (Boots)- LVL 50+

Not sure how many shielding powers you want, but at max level a Swash could essentially have, if desired, a shielding power for these gear slots: hat, outfit, boots, accessory & totem. Throw in a Kraken's Lament granted from a pet & that's up to 6 damage shields, of some sort.

A SB doesn't have as many items w/ Fortress attached, & yes Privy's have a ton. But that's what a Privy is & a buckler isn't. VF is a target shield which falls into what Privies do best, while a SB is meant to hide, poison, have increased movement & dish out tremendous damage. High dodge & hide are a SB's shielding power(s). A SB is supposed to risk taking some damage in order to inflict massive amounts of damage.

Same can be said for Bucks having access to lots of Levi's-- it's because they're meant to withstand the brunt of an attack & use their extensive array of Epics to do & take damage, via chains. That's why LC is a 'self' shield & why Buck's have access to so many. Now if any class should be miffed about the lack of Valor's Armor gear, it should be Buck's. As it stands there's only 1 Buck piece of gear with that power. But that's ok, we get lots of LC & a decent # of VF.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

The higher in ranks that you climb the smarter and better equipped the opponents you face will be; using the same old strategy at Warrior that you used at Contender isn't going to work. You must be flexible and ready to change a strategy if it's not working anymore.
Swashbucklers should not have the same amounts of valor's, forts, kraken's or leviathan's, because that wasn't how this class is designed to fight.
And I seriously doubt you lost a match due to only a Valor's fort or Armor....Moo robes on the other hand are difficult for many players as well as the Nefarious Staff ( and you'll be facing opponents with at least one of these items, if not more ). You must be prepared and begin to think of strategies to face them.
Winning ( or losing ) begins before entering the Brawlin' Hall.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012

Here's what my Buckler carries. Gambler's Stetson which provides Valor's Armor. If you prefer Valor's Fortress then you could carry the Tantojutsu Headband instead. I don't use the Hato No Kai Garb but it is an outfit that provides Levy Call. I use an outfit that gives Vicious Charge instead because I like being able to strike from all the way across the battleboard. The Shoes of Faunus provide Valor's Fortress as does an eyepatch called the Asclepius Talisman. Also, if your trying to match Buccaneers...or any other class for that matter...shield for shield, you're using the wrong strategy. Bucklers are meant to be stealthy. Hide and hit hard. That's what they do. If your opponent starts to spam shields, you can carry a sufficient supply of hides to wait them out. Also, if you are lucky enough to have the Sprocket Key like I do, you can hide, approach your opponent and slap a poison attack on them and then purge them. This nifty little maneuver makes all their shields and buffs disappear. Just remember, regardless of your class, play to it's strengths and you will be much more successful.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013

If they got this they would be undefeatable and people think they are op as it is. No matter what is done there will be out cry somehow.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010

Didn't even see this:

There are 2 Fort hats (lvl 45 and 55) vers

There are again a lvl 45 and 60 version of Fort boots

Buckler get the most amazing spot for a fort, the eyepatch since there are not many eyepatch items IG so fort in that slot as a Buckler is a must have.

Stormzilla Egg is universal and in the fort slot.

Totaly # of forts Bucklers can have - 4

levy call robe, friar sand totem, so you can have 4 Forts 1 levy and then 2 heals in your ring/charm if you wanted a tank set or even 2 levy 3 Fort.

My friend Lucas Kidd made a nice supportive Buckler set:
Absorb hat, Revive/levy robe, Fort Boots, the Valor's Rampart weapon, Fort eyepatch, Tower Totem, Purge Charm, Revive Ring. His pet - Grants kraken lam, triton song, rally, elusive, tough and tide but obviously you could just give up the Tough for Relentless and the Tide for Scent 2. :P

Also almost forgot the Valor's Armor (Absorbs)
They have 1 for hat and boots. So again if you wanna say they don't have protection items that's a major underestimate. Gear wise Bucklers and Muskets come #2 on having the most protection buffs IG from gear after Privy... If we don't count Tower Gear then Buckler/Musket actually pass Privy!!! LOL So ya....

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010

Literally all you have to do to win as a buckler is cast black fog, then rush. Sometimes i don't even need to use my shields. Espeically when facing low rank opponents.
If they're stacking shields, go for their companions. Or better yet, combat their shield with a different type of attack. If they are spamming levy, try poisoning. Even the bleeding from sneak attacks should work well.
Swashbucklers have it the easiest. As long as you can get black fog in your hand first turn, you have a major advantage against the opponent.
If you need defensive gear that badly, go to Friar sand and farm intensely. That's what most did before the moo tower update.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DeathWiz101378 on Aug 29, 2015 wrote:
Literally all you have to do to win as a buckler is cast black fog, then rush. Sometimes i don't even need to use my shields. Espeically when facing low rank opponents.
If they're stacking shields, go for their companions. Or better yet, combat their shield with a different type of attack. If they are spamming levy, try poisoning. Even the bleeding from sneak attacks should work well.
Swashbucklers have it the easiest. As long as you can get black fog in your hand first turn, you have a major advantage against the opponent.
If you need defensive gear that badly, go to Friar sand and farm intensely. That's what most did before the moo tower update.
This is a very poor strategy and one all noob bucklers use. Consider that it will take you 2-3 turns to cross the battleboard to get in range to attack; your companions are slower than you so at least four turns to get them in position.
Meanwhile your opponent is delightfully grinning at the screen, because he/she can't believe their luck. So they begin to shield and buff, place bombs or traps and if they're a buckler, also: fog before you reach them.

Lieutenant
May 09, 2013
anecorbie on Aug 30, 2015 wrote:
This is a very poor strategy and one all noob bucklers use. Consider that it will take you 2-3 turns to cross the battleboard to get in range to attack; your companions are slower than you so at least four turns to get them in position.
Meanwhile your opponent is delightfully grinning at the screen, because he/she can't believe their luck. So they begin to shield and buff, place bombs or traps and if they're a buckler, also: fog before you reach them.
That's true usually. However, fog rush can be effective with goro and nausica. First turn fog and use Toro or fan buff. Second turn use vicious charge, centaur charge and another vicious charge from goro. With hybrid burst relentless two it can hurt.

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
anecorbie on Aug 30, 2015 wrote:
Indeed it is a poor strategy, but i had only suggested it because the author of this post seemed desperate.
If you use all swash companions (Toro, Fan and Sarah perhaps), they can reach the opponent in two turns.