Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Combo Weapon Buccaneer/Swashbuckler?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 22, 2010
Hello Lads and Lassies. Because I have a musketeer and a privateer, I'm not exactly a melee expert. So, I was hoping one of you cool kids with a buck or buckled could tell me if it would be smart to roll a combo weapon buck/buckled. I have seen the Fearsome Rubber Ducky on Youtube(Lowkey shout-out) do a combo weapon with a musketeer, so someone tell me if this is a good idea or if I will end up with a 0-25 record in the summer season.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
HoodooNerd on Jun 12, 2016 wrote:
Hello Lads and Lassies. Because I have a musketeer and a privateer, I'm not exactly a melee expert. So, I was hoping one of you cool kids with a buck or buckled could tell me if it would be smart to roll a combo weapon buck/buckled. I have seen the Fearsome Rubber Ducky on Youtube(Lowkey shout-out) do a combo weapon with a musketeer, so someone tell me if this is a good idea or if I will end up with a 0-25 record in the summer season.
I don't know how a combo weapon would work for a Musketeer - but I do know that my secondary buckler has trained musket powers/talents and is equipped with a stabby/shooty combo; she is quite dangerous in PVE, I haven't tried to PVP with her, though.
I suggest to use a combo that compliments your agility, and that would be stabby weapons.

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
If you want to be bold and go out as a melee musketeer then maybe go for some gear which grants mojo blade
Seeing as you use Old Scratch (or so I think when we found each other in PvP) you could be quite dangerous against any approaching enemy

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
Also, I know there are some solid Assassin and charge gear available for muskets. One i can think of right now is boots of the hidden blade, for assassin, from friar sand. As for whether it's a good idea or not, i've only fought 2 melee musketeers, and positioning if you're not going to rush fast is incredibly important. However, if you're going to absorb stack as he does, you'd best beware. If you don't kill the pirate and they have purge, it can mean a loss, however, you can be deadly with all of your chains. Able to hit a unit with grit 13 times I believe . Anyways, if you do so, good luck!