Changes I'd make to PvP and a PvP realm

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
358
Been playing practice PvP but its awfully long to find games and having to raise companions and heal after each match makes finding matches even harder as well as playing with others.

Suggested Changes:
1. No lasting PvP damage and no lasting PvP dead companions
2. PvP areas for every 10 character levels (areas should be for levels: 1-10; 11-20; 21-30; 31-40; and 41-50)
3. It would be nice if there was a realm only for PvP play so those wishing to PvP could more easily find people to PvP against
4. When you flee it would be nice to remain in the PvP area, and have no penalties (makes getting into the next group match easier and faster especially when playing with others)
5. A free for all PvP match area would also be appreciated... instead of teams having several characters duking it out for themselves would be interesting (still keep the team play, just add free for all areas too, preferably on a PvP realm)

Other than these changes, I'd still like to see a PvP realm where players could attack each other and each others ships

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
388
If you flee, you SHOULD be penalized.

With that in mind, I see all the players that are loosing whatever match flee just so they don't lose. Not a good idea. If you want to PvP, you better be able to take it as much as you think you can dish it.

I definitely would not want to see any realms designed for PvP. If that is something you really want, go to WoW or Aion, and other games like that.

You switch realms when you unbottle your ship on a crowded dock, and when exiting dungeons, teleporting to friends, or what not. I have noticed that. The last thing I'd ever want to see is some random pirate approaching me and attacking me because they enjoy killing random people so much. Not a good idea.

Why does everyone like PvP? Why does everyone enjoy killing other people? Why? Let a family game stay a family game.

Community Leader
seasnake on Dec 14, 2012 wrote:
Been playing practice PvP but its awfully long to find games and having to raise companions and heal after each match makes finding matches even harder as well as playing with others.

Suggested Changes:
1. No lasting PvP damage and no lasting PvP dead companions
2. PvP areas for every 10 character levels (areas should be for levels: 1-10; 11-20; 21-30; 31-40; and 41-50)
3. It would be nice if there was a realm only for PvP play so those wishing to PvP could more easily find people to PvP against
4. When you flee it would be nice to remain in the PvP area, and have no penalties (makes getting into the next group match easier and faster especially when playing with others)
5. A free for all PvP match area would also be appreciated... instead of teams having several characters duking it out for themselves would be interesting (still keep the team play, just add free for all areas too, preferably on a PvP realm)

Other than these changes, I'd still like to see a PvP realm where players could attack each other and each others ships
1. Agree. That makes sense, especially for a practice PvP.
2. Agree. I imagine that time constraints kept them from implementing this or a matching system. Presumably this or something like it will be in place when tiered matches start, if not sooner.
3. To address Shiningfantasia's concern, I would imagine a PvP realm would require a "Do you really want to enter? Yar! Nar!" button instead of radnom reassignment.
4. Fleeing should be penalized, I think. Even in practice. It makes sense to flee if you are severly outmatched (what could be more piratey than that?) But if you make a few bad choices, you shouldn't get to deprive the winner of the satisfaction of finishing the round without any penalty whatsoever!
5. This is a cool idea. I'd like to see something like this implemented. Maybe it would just be the pirate, no crew, and there are 6 pirates to a side.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
358
Shiningfantasia on Dec 16, 2012 wrote:
If you flee, you SHOULD be penalized.

With that in mind, I see all the players that are loosing whatever match flee just so they don't lose. Not a good idea. If you want to PvP, you better be able to take it as much as you think you can dish it.

I definitely would not want to see any realms designed for PvP. If that is something you really want, go to WoW or Aion, and other games like that.

You switch realms when you unbottle your ship on a crowded dock, and when exiting dungeons, teleporting to friends, or what not. I have noticed that. The last thing I'd ever want to see is some random pirate approaching me and attacking me because they enjoy killing random people so much. Not a good idea.

Why does everyone like PvP? Why does everyone enjoy killing other people? Why? Let a family game stay a family game.
I've been playing 3v3 and 4v4 matches with level 50 players. When the battle has basically concluded everyone views it as being nice for the last person on the losing side to flee and come back as quickly as possible to start a new match, the last thing we want is for them not to be able to get into the next fight as we need them to play with. Being able to flee without the penalty of not being able to quickly rejoin has been a very desireable thing. If there are PvP areas for high level players only and there are lots of players wanting to play then it wouldn't be such an issue, but matches take a very long time to complete so being able to flee just allows things to be faster for everyone.

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
358
in a PvP realm, those who are on your friends list or on the friends list of those you are playing with wouldn't be treated as opponents so team play would still be possible in PvP realms

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
273
Shiningfantasia on Dec 16, 2012 wrote:
If you flee, you SHOULD be penalized.

With that in mind, I see all the players that are loosing whatever match flee just so they don't lose. Not a good idea. If you want to PvP, you better be able to take it as much as you think you can dish it.

I definitely would not want to see any realms designed for PvP. If that is something you really want, go to WoW or Aion, and other games like that.

You switch realms when you unbottle your ship on a crowded dock, and when exiting dungeons, teleporting to friends, or what not. I have noticed that. The last thing I'd ever want to see is some random pirate approaching me and attacking me because they enjoy killing random people so much. Not a good idea.

Why does everyone like PvP? Why does everyone enjoy killing other people? Why? Let a family game stay a family game.
There are many things I wish to say to you

1 PVP is a fun way to test your skill

2 If you don't like PvP who cares we like it

3 FACE STOMPING CARNAGE is my game man

4 I may be a swashbuckler but a relentless attack in PvP realm where I know I can't win sounds fun

5 It's not like you lose items

6 I guess you should be penalized . I entered a fight against a person twice my level and didn't back down at all

7 You don't have to do PvP

8 KI would come up with something so you don't get attacked if you don't want to

C.G.Deverux Lvl 45 and lover of face stomping carnage and pvp

Ensign
Jun 03, 2012
21
I think that PVP ship fighting and more arena's and teams. Also Companions if they die when the round is over or if you flee they are back alive like in wizard101! Also Pvp Realms like level 10 PVP realm!

Olivia Freeman Level 50 Witchdoctor.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
273
Griffen Deverux on Mar 11, 2013 wrote:
There are many things I wish to say to you

1 PVP is a fun way to test your skill

2 If you don't like PvP who cares we like it

3 FACE STOMPING CARNAGE is my game man

4 I may be a swashbuckler but a relentless attack in PvP realm where I know I can't win sounds fun

5 It's not like you lose items

6 I guess you should be penalized . I entered a fight against a person twice my level and didn't back down at all

7 You don't have to do PvP

8 KI would come up with something so you don't get attacked if you don't want to

C.G.Deverux Lvl 45 and lover of face stomping carnage and pvp
Cool I thought they didn't put this through