Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Build diversity

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Everyone basically wears the same thing, can we get some new VIABLE class specific items WITHOUT nerfing existing ones please

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on May 25, 2017 wrote:
Everyone basically wears the same thing, can we get some new VIABLE class specific items WITHOUT nerfing existing ones please
Stitch to make unique looking outfits, if it bothers you that everyone is wearing the same thing. New gear will only come with a new pack/bundle or a story update.

Community Leader
anecorbie on May 25, 2017 wrote:
Stitch to make unique looking outfits, if it bothers you that everyone is wearing the same thing. New gear will only come with a new pack/bundle or a story update.
He was referring not to look, but to stats. Swashbucklers, Privateers, and Witches are pretty much locked in to one gear set if they want to remain competitive in pvp. Privies and witches have a hair more variance, depending on whether or not they go summon based, but that still leaves a distinct summon and non-summon set. Muskets have a bit of variety in gear sets, but they still follow a somewhat distinct pattern, with the exception of ow5. Bucks are the only class that has a good deal of variety in gear set ups, since they have assassin's and forts available in many different gear slots. Like the original poster, I'd like to see more diverse builds. Whether it's powerful and viable universal gear (think Moo Manchu's Outfit), or class specific (Tower gear with different, out of class abilities), pvp setups need to be a bit less stale.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Matthew525011 on May 26, 2017 wrote:
He was referring not to look, but to stats. Swashbucklers, Privateers, and Witches are pretty much locked in to one gear set if they want to remain competitive in pvp. Privies and witches have a hair more variance, depending on whether or not they go summon based, but that still leaves a distinct summon and non-summon set. Muskets have a bit of variety in gear sets, but they still follow a somewhat distinct pattern, with the exception of ow5. Bucks are the only class that has a good deal of variety in gear set ups, since they have assassin's and forts available in many different gear slots. Like the original poster, I'd like to see more diverse builds. Whether it's powerful and viable universal gear (think Moo Manchu's Outfit), or class specific (Tower gear with different, out of class abilities), pvp setups need to be a bit less stale.
LOL, I apologize, I absolutely misunderstood the statement. Maybe crafting ( when it comes ) will introduce some diversity.