Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

bucks need a buff and privateer needs a Nerf

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
buccaneers are destroyed bye privateers and swash bucklers due to fog and bucks need a little boost like give them a gallant defense equivalent and the buck class is out shone bye privateers for being a tank how do you think they need to be buffed

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
valdus15797 on Jan 14, 2018 wrote:
buccaneers are destroyed bye privateers and swash bucklers due to fog and bucks need a little boost like give them a gallant defense equivalent and the buck class is out shone bye privateers for being a tank how do you think they need to be buffed
NO! buccaneer is already way to overpowered!

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Bucks are fine, the best player i have ever seen ingame was a buck you simply need to learn how to use it, realize where you mess up, accept your faults, and fix them, i completely agree on privateers needing a nerf though, remove boon and discord.

Ensign
Sep 03, 2010
Stop it. No. Bucks don't need a nerf. Just stop it.

Petty Officer
Dec 26, 2012
Buccaneers are one of the top picked classes (besides Swashbuckler and Privateer) and they do not need to be buffed. It's very well possible to beat a Privateer as a Buccaneer, if you can tank out their hits and last until their companions are dead, Privateers will almost always lose late game.

As for Black Fog, it's been discussed many times before. Fog isn't 100% perfect, Scent 2 completely counters it and again you can tank their hits and even Vengeance Strike them back. Privateers have an advantage over Buccaneers but bucks have favorable matchups against Musketeers and Witchdoctors and an even-ish matchup against Swashbucklers. Buffing them would just cause more problems honestly.

Petty Officer
Jan 03, 2010
I wholeheartedly disagree, buccaneers honestly need a nerf if anything. With a strength buff in turn the tide, a buck can one turn an unshielded unit from full off of a basic hit. That alone is absolutely ridiculous. If a buck gets one critical with a buff up, you can usually expect to lose a unit or half of your health even if you are shielded.

Between Hold the Line 3, Vengeance strike 3, Bladestorm 3, Turn the Tide 3 (that's a lot of epics they get naturally by the way) and Relentless 2, they don't need anything else to succeed in PvP.

The swashbuckler class doesn't need to be touched, fog is balanced and has numerous counters. If you'd like to argue that, there are numerous threads that have been there/done that in this section that you can refer to. Privateers I can agree need a nerf though. The class is far too dominant in the current meta, especially with old scratch and trees being relevant.

Ensign
Jul 27, 2013
I’m honestly unsure how to respond. The only thing I can even slightly agree with is privateers needing a nerf. Buck is somewhat countered by buckler, but it’s still a possible, sometimes easy win. Really all you have to do is shield spam and there’s not much we can do. Good luck!

Reckless Jack Collins max
Brave Arthur Davis max
Octavio max
Mycin max
Ignacio level 24

Ensign
Jul 27, 2013
AllToonedUp on Jan 15, 2018 wrote:
Buccaneers are one of the top picked classes (besides Swashbuckler and Privateer) and they do not need to be buffed. It's very well possible to beat a Privateer as a Buccaneer, if you can tank out their hits and last until their companions are dead, Privateers will almost always lose late game.

As for Black Fog, it's been discussed many times before. Fog isn't 100% perfect, Scent 2 completely counters it and again you can tank their hits and even Vengeance Strike them back. Privateers have an advantage over Buccaneers but bucks have favorable matchups against Musketeers and Witchdoctors and an even-ish matchup against Swashbucklers. Buffing them would just cause more problems honestly.
Late game vs privy being an easy win. I can’t even believe someone could say that. As a champion swashbuckler I lose late game as privys just hold onto their nefarious scorpions, use them late game, use zeal, use fort, dodges everything since elusive 3, uses forts, armors, or levathians call, and soul shrouds me to death.
I agree with everything else though

Reckless jack Collins max
Brave Arthur Davis max
Octavio max
Mycin max
Ignacio level 24

Petty Officer
Dec 26, 2012
Easy Ace on Jan 15, 2018 wrote:
Late game vs privy being an easy win. I can’t even believe someone could say that. As a champion swashbuckler I lose late game as privys just hold onto their nefarious scorpions, use them late game, use zeal, use fort, dodges everything since elusive 3, uses forts, armors, or levathians call, and soul shrouds me to death.
I agree with everything else though

Reckless jack Collins max
Brave Arthur Davis max
Octavio max
Mycin max
Ignacio level 24
But that's the thing though. Privateers are TERRIBLE once their resources are gone (buffs, companions, etc.) and if they use up their bombs they literally have no attacks except for maybe Assassin's Strike, so if they're alone and you pressure them enough, they're likely to lose. I've killed champion Privateers before and I haven't even reached champion yet. It's about breaking their composure and striking when the time is right.

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
zuto4011a on Jan 14, 2018 wrote:
Bucks are fine, the best player i have ever seen ingame was a buck you simply need to learn how to use it, realize where you mess up, accept your faults, and fix them, i completely agree on privateers needing a nerf though, remove boon and discord.
Nausica with boon fort and VA is truly a killer.

Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
easy ace i know you irl you only have 2 maxes a swash and a witch was this a mistake?

Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
I would like some gear tips also tips on companions, pets, and strategies