Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Bring back blood's flames to pvp

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 21, 2013
23
I think we should bring it back because, it's not op because players can strategize and figure a way out. That's the point of pvp right? And you can easily hit the flames with aoe attacks. So I really hope you bring it back, and this would really help my privateer in ranked pvp against swashbucklers! Thanks

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
288
Piratingboy on Sep 3, 2015 wrote:
I think we should bring it back because, it's not op because players can strategize and figure a way out. That's the point of pvp right? And you can easily hit the flames with aoe attacks. So I really hope you bring it back, and this would really help my privateer in ranked pvp against swashbucklers! Thanks
I really don't think it should be back because it is too game changing. The damage each flame does at max is roughly 1,020. Considering that 5 spawn, it would deal major damage to an enemy group. Of course, they could avoid it, but that would allow the pirate and his/her companion to gun the enemy down if they are using ranged companions.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9779
DeathWiz101378 on Sep 3, 2015 wrote:
I really don't think it should be back because it is too game changing. The damage each flame does at max is roughly 1,020. Considering that 5 spawn, it would deal major damage to an enemy group. Of course, they could avoid it, but that would allow the pirate and his/her companion to gun the enemy down if they are using ranged companions.
Don't forget that just being near the flames causes damage, you don't have to walk through them to sustain that 1, 020 damage. Even if the next turn you use Gunnery those flames will damage a team badly.

Ensign
Oct 21, 2013
23
DeathWiz101378 on Sep 3, 2015 wrote:
I really don't think it should be back because it is too game changing. The damage each flame does at max is roughly 1,020. Considering that 5 spawn, it would deal major damage to an enemy group. Of course, they could avoid it, but that would allow the pirate and his/her companion to gun the enemy down if they are using ranged companions.
Not really, isn't that the point of pvp? You have to strategize yourself in order. And it's not really game changing because you can easily hit the fire with an aoe attack. That said, there are many ways to strategize yourself in order to not get hit by the fire and enemy. I really hope blood flames come back to pvp. It's not op imo.

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
119
Piratingboy on Sep 3, 2015 wrote:
I think we should bring it back because, it's not op because players can strategize and figure a way out. That's the point of pvp right? And you can easily hit the flames with aoe attacks. So I really hope you bring it back, and this would really help my privateer in ranked pvp against swashbucklers! Thanks
To save other some time:
Blood Flames and anything else that is banned is due to bugs, not due to the strength of said power. In Blood Flame's case, those type of flames were not designed to be used by players against players. When they fix it, it will be back .

Ensign
Oct 21, 2013
23
And also, it's the same as Summer's fire, if summer's fire is allowed, why can't blood flames?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9779
Piratingboy on Sep 4, 2015 wrote:
And also, it's the same as Summer's fire, if summer's fire is allowed, why can't blood flames?
Summer's Flames are different, you have to actually walk through to sustain damage.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9779
Piratingboy on Sep 4, 2015 wrote:
Not really, isn't that the point of pvp? You have to strategize yourself in order. And it's not really game changing because you can easily hit the fire with an aoe attack. That said, there are many ways to strategize yourself in order to not get hit by the fire and enemy. I really hope blood flames come back to pvp. It's not op imo.
There are also many ways to strategize yourself against swashbucklers, so take a lesson from your own book.

Ensign
Oct 21, 2013
23
anecorbie on Sep 3, 2015 wrote:
Don't forget that just being near the flames causes damage, you don't have to walk through them to sustain that 1, 020 damage. Even if the next turn you use Gunnery those flames will damage a team badly.
Sorry, still not convince, like you said, "there's many ways to strategize" nothing is impossible imo. It's balanced and they even gave it 5 round timer till it dissapears, and you guys are still complaining. Instead of complaining, try finding ways to strategize? "Take a lesson from your own book."

Lieutenant
May 09, 2013
157
Piratingboy on Sep 4, 2015 wrote:
Sorry, still not convince, like you said, "there's many ways to strategize" nothing is impossible imo. It's balanced and they even gave it 5 round timer till it dissapears, and you guys are still complaining. Instead of complaining, try finding ways to strategize? "Take a lesson from your own book."
Depending on the turn the flames can deal damage before you have the ability to destroy them. Even if only one flame goes off, it can take a third of a char's health. In a case where both players have it, the player going second would have a huge advantage.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9779
Piratingboy on Sep 4, 2015 wrote:
Sorry, still not convince, like you said, "there's many ways to strategize" nothing is impossible imo. It's balanced and they even gave it 5 round timer till it dissapears, and you guys are still complaining. Instead of complaining, try finding ways to strategize? "Take a lesson from your own book."
I can snuff those flames with Gunnery, this I know, but those flames do damage just by being near you; this was what made Zeena's old flame attack OP. Now with any flame attack ( except Blood's Flames ) you have to walk through them to take damage. Face it, Blood Flames are not working as it was intended and they will not be coming to PVP.

Ensign
Oct 21, 2013
23
bluba4 on Sep 4, 2015 wrote:
Depending on the turn the flames can deal damage before you have the ability to destroy them. Even if only one flame goes off, it can take a third of a char's health. In a case where both players have it, the player going second would have a huge advantage.
Well, I tried it in brawling hall before the update and all, and I was second to make a move. I used blood flames and it didn't take affect once the other player makes his/her moves, and i was second to move, so your argument is invalid sorry.

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2013
135
DeathWiz101378 on Sep 3, 2015 wrote:
I really don't think it should be back because it is too game changing. The damage each flame does at max is roughly 1,020. Considering that 5 spawn, it would deal major damage to an enemy group. Of course, they could avoid it, but that would allow the pirate and his/her companion to gun the enemy down if they are using ranged companions.
You can use gunnery the turn they place flames they are not op if you play smart.

Ensign
Oct 21, 2013
23
the midnightpirate on Sep 6, 2015 wrote:
You can use gunnery the turn they place flames they are not op if you play smart.
Finally! Someone who agrees, you get what I mean? To people who are complaining, you have to figure and play smart. It's not op, you can easily get rid of the Flames or simply run away. Geez...

Ensign
Oct 21, 2013
23
anecorbie on Sep 4, 2015 wrote:
I can snuff those flames with Gunnery, this I know, but those flames do damage just by being near you; this was what made Zeena's old flame attack OP. Now with any flame attack ( except Blood's Flames ) you have to walk through them to take damage. Face it, Blood Flames are not working as it was intended and they will not be coming to PVP.
Yeah and? Like my previous comment, you can do something before the flames does damage to you... You'll have to read my previous comments because I'm not gonna repeat myself over and over... And no I won't give up till its back to pvp and they will bring it back. Just watch and see...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9779
Piratingboy on Sep 6, 2015 wrote:
Yeah and? Like my previous comment, you can do something before the flames does damage to you... You'll have to read my previous comments because I'm not gonna repeat myself over and over... And no I won't give up till its back to pvp and they will bring it back. Just watch and see...
If you have been reading the message boards thoroughly, you will find the post where Ratbeard had said the Blood Flames weren't working as planned for PVP or even a PVE situation, he has said that this gear is banned from PVP and won't be allowed. I read your posts completely, its you who don't understand the situation.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9779
Piratingboy on Sep 6, 2015 wrote:
Yeah and? Like my previous comment, you can do something before the flames does damage to you... You'll have to read my previous comments because I'm not gonna repeat myself over and over... And no I won't give up till its back to pvp and they will bring it back. Just watch and see...
Look at the post "blood flames banned why?", pay particular attention to Ratbeard's reply.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
1124
All powers that are permitted in pve should be also in pvp you guys claim to be the best right?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Ensign
Oct 21, 2013
23
anecorbie on Sep 7, 2015 wrote:
If you have been reading the message boards thoroughly, you will find the post where Ratbeard had said the Blood Flames weren't working as planned for PVP or even a PVE situation, he has said that this gear is banned from PVP and won't be allowed. I read your posts completely, its you who don't understand the situation.
I don't think you quite understand what's going on, I know about Ratbeard's post. Also that's the point why I had open this discussion? I already know about it being banned and all, that's why I want it back. I gave my opinion so yeah, I think it should be back to pvp. So yeah.

Ensign
Jul 27, 2013
22
Piratingboy on Sep 3, 2015 wrote:
I think we should bring it back because, it's not op because players can strategize and figure a way out. That's the point of pvp right? And you can easily hit the flames with aoe attacks. So I really hope you bring it back, and this would really help my privateer in ranked pvp against swashbucklers! Thanks
Blood flames aren't that good people can just use gunnery but its not cause of it being to "op" that it is banned, it is because of glitches in pvp.

Brave Arthur Davis max witch
Reckless Jack Collins max buckler
see you in the skyway

Ensign
Jul 27, 2013
22
anecorbie on Sep 4, 2015 wrote:
Summer's Flames are different, you have to actually walk through to sustain damage.
Summer's Flames you have to move and you cant just place them anywhere. blood flames there are five flames Summer's Flames there are four. Hope I helped.

Brave Arthur Davis max witch
Reckless Jack Collins max buckler

See you in the skyway