Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Best gear for a musk

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 31, 2017
hey, it's conwitty, you might know me from the best gear for a swash and what is the best crew for a swash, but I have a musk now and so what is s the best gear for a max musk

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
Conwitty423 on Nov 6, 2017 wrote:
hey, it's conwitty, you might know me from the best gear for a swash and what is the best crew for a swash, but I have a musk now and so what is s the best gear for a max musk
Full tower gear with the staff of power as the weapon using bonnie chantal and either louis or wing chun as companions.

Community Leader
kingme655 on Nov 6, 2017 wrote:
Full tower gear with the staff of power as the weapon using bonnie chantal and either louis or wing chun as companions.
No. Best setup for non-melee, non-overwatch 5 musket requires the following:
  • Hat- Tower hat (bombs + super hit), Empire Bundle hat (revive), or Matador's Headgear (absorb)
  • Robe- Ranchero's Finery (absorb)
  • Boots- Empire Bundle or level 65 bazaar (5 round hide), 65 Bazaar Boots (revive), Titanic Boots (Levy's call)
  • Weapon- Haywire Thunder Rifle (provided you lack champion weapons)
  • Patch- Death's Bargain (shroud), Patch of Asterion's Ruin / Tyche's Blind Luck (max tier trick shot)
  • Charm- Apprentice's charm (Valor's Fortress), Tower charm (bombs + super)
  • Totem- Hera's Necklace (revive), Sprocket Key (purge), Apollo's Necklace (Fort),
  • Ring- Southern Cross Gem (Fort)
  • Pet should have burst, rally, and scent 2 at a minimum. Having some of the following grants is also highly advised :Kraken's lament, overwatch, Tide, Soulreaver, Elusive. Warp and rainbow blessing aren't bad either.
  • Companions: Chantal is a must. If your pirate lacks ow3, she needs burst 2, double tap 2, ow3. If your pirate has ow3 you can replace the third rank of ow with quick adjust. You also need a first strike 3 defensive companion. Contessa (First Strike 3, Riposte 1, Relentless 1) and Ratbeard (FS3, HtL3, Bladestorm 2) are the best choices. I've seen the third companion be Scratch (to buff bombs, absorbs, and heals), Bonnie, Exeter, and Nausica. Picking Scratch is probably the easiest, albeit the least skill intensive, option.
Your final set should have at least 1 absorb, 2 forts, 1 revive, and 1 extra bomb and super. Having a 5 round hide is also nice, but it generally requires sacrificing purge.

If you want to run overwatch 5 I can also provide a setup for that.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
For the weapon I would pick the Haywire Thunder Rifle and if I didn't have that I would pick Nefarious Novablaster, the quiver that grants Burst Fire would be good, along with Captain Blood's Jacket or The Imperial Robes of Moo Manchu. I would not use the staff of power as the weapon.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
RRRRZZZZ419 on Nov 7, 2017 wrote:
For the weapon I would pick the Haywire Thunder Rifle and if I didn't have that I would pick Nefarious Novablaster, the quiver that grants Burst Fire would be good, along with Captain Blood's Jacket or The Imperial Robes of Moo Manchu. I would not use the staff of power as the weapon.
The novablaster is awful. Less range then the staff of power and the power is super bad. The staff of power also gives extra agility and technically gives burst fire.

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
i, The Minutemen, am currently rocking:

Santa Rana Hat (overwatch)

Bardigiano Cloak (+agility and Quick Adjust) (from kane but Rancho Finery also works)

Hoodoo Boots (teleport) (if no hoodoo bundle then Titanic Boots for Levy)

Haywire Thunder Rifle (snipe shot and Haywire Shot) (better than champion weapons imo)

Death Bargain (Soul Shroud) (if you lack it then anything else really)

Prince of Illios Quiver (Burst Fire)

Bresciani Chain (True Grit and Quick Adjust)

Breciani Band (True Grit and +agility)

pet: Doubletap and True Grit.

if you want a heavy bombing gear set up here's what i carry:

Manchu Hat (bombs and crit shot)

Manchu Coat (bombs and bear trap)

Shootist Boots (artillery)

Manchu Jewel (bombs and crit shot)

manchu necklace (bombs and bear trap)

Aro De Precision. (artillery)

and scratch is a must when using bomb gear.