Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Another way to balance pvp?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 09, 2013
After playing a bunch of matches, my observation is that no one thing is overpowered. I have been able to consistently counter both black fog and the moo warriors. Same goes for crown shop companions; I'm not afraid of them. What beats me is neither items nor crew but myself. Why? Because I feel forced to put on certain gear in case I face this or that. Sprocket key for privateers, walk in darkness for swashbucklers, dodge reduce for elusive people. Then I pick companions with first strike three or quick draw three in case of black fog and repel boarders three for summons. The result is that I beat people with black fog or moo robe but I lose to old-fashioned people who load up on assassin's strikes, revives, and fortresses.

What I'm asking is simple and it's the way player versus player used to be. I want to be able to pick my companions after I know what class my opponent is. Why? Because then I won't use rat against a musketeer or Pete against a swashbuckler. I feel so spread thin right now trying to come up with a one-size-fits-all strategy. Please allow players to make some decisions after starting the match. We already have our gear and our powers order planned out before we start; choosing companions will allow us to diversify.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
bluba4 on Aug 14, 2015 wrote:
After playing a bunch of matches, my observation is that no one thing is overpowered. I have been able to consistently counter both black fog and the moo warriors. Same goes for crown shop companions; I'm not afraid of them. What beats me is neither items nor crew but myself. Why? Because I feel forced to put on certain gear in case I face this or that. Sprocket key for privateers, walk in darkness for swashbucklers, dodge reduce for elusive people. Then I pick companions with first strike three or quick draw three in case of black fog and repel boarders three for summons. The result is that I beat people with black fog or moo robe but I lose to old-fashioned people who load up on assassin's strikes, revives, and fortresses.

What I'm asking is simple and it's the way player versus player used to be. I want to be able to pick my companions after I know what class my opponent is. Why? Because then I won't use rat against a musketeer or Pete against a swashbuckler. I feel so spread thin right now trying to come up with a one-size-fits-all strategy. Please allow players to make some decisions after starting the match. We already have our gear and our powers order planned out before we start; choosing companions will allow us to diversify.
I really feel you but for now I found a good team to combat it all
I'm a witch and I just heal my companions when needed I use rat beard bonnie Anne and carcarius grim tooth, it has a fighting chance against every strategy

Lieutenant
May 09, 2013
I use almost the same people, ratbeard, Bonnie, and El Toro. The problem is, ratbeard is only good against melee. His epics don't pair well against musketeers. Same thing to a lesser extent with Bonnie because she is weak against true grit. I would like to use Peter or hawkules or something but I can't because they don't train first strike.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
bluba4 on Aug 17, 2015 wrote:
I use almost the same people, ratbeard, Bonnie, and El Toro. The problem is, ratbeard is only good against melee. His epics don't pair well against musketeers. Same thing to a lesser extent with Bonnie because she is weak against true grit. I would like to use Peter or hawkules or something but I can't because they don't train first strike.
Lol that's why I use Ravens cry on companions it gives them first strike and riposte

Lieutenant
Nov 21, 2010
bluba4 on Aug 14, 2015 wrote:

Hello Bluba4,

I second your request. Not for the same reasons thou. It is true that we can't address counters to all powers that are in the game. But we do manage. I saw people using play styles I never seen before or think of it. It shows how much possibilities we have in this game, and that is just cool.

I, as a Wtchdoctor, stepped out of my comfort zone and did a great swap on my gear, on my powers, companion epics and so on. I am really proud on how my WD handles situations right now. And thx to play style and class diversities I managed to do that.

I do like your idea thou, because it is true that we are using one set of companions in order to address most of different play styles in game. But if the feature you suggested was allowed, we would even want to choose different companions for each class, and thus make things more diverse.

Excellent idea, I hope they really consider it.

Sincerely,
Stubborn Duncan Freeman