An Important Message

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 19, 2011
28
I have been noticing some players being unfair in the PVP arenas. These players I refer as "hunters." They dress in low-level Skull Island clothing, even though they are maxed-out or almost maxed-out. (around levels 60-65.) Since you cannot click on them to see their stats when they are standing in the PVP sigil, you can only assume that they are from Skull Island, Monquista, or Valencia. (Since the clothing style only changes greatly in Cool Ranch.) When a lower-level player decides to PVP with the "hunter," the "hunter" beats up the other player.

I also have noticed that they tend to be text chat players, and the victims tend to be Safe Chat players, like me. This has happened to me, and I have seen others being treated like this. They ignore us when we tell them to "please stop" or "that's not nice."

If you are reading this, and have "hunted" other players, please stop. This makes PVP unenjoyable. Doing this to others, especially younger players is completely unacceptable and rude. PVP is supposed to be fun for everyone. I know that there are many kind and helpful players out there, young and old. The online world isn't a perfect place, stopping this "hunting" can make it better.

Quick Melody Nightngale, LVL 21

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
365
I'm not of these people but I don't see how it's that important. I agree that it's annoying. (Although it's never happened to me.) But maybe making it unenjoyable? It's not that hard to flee and come back. I guess they should stop but it's not that big of a deal. You can hover over the person when your in the duel to see what lvl they are.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
I agree. A bully is no fun no matter what the format. For you younger levels and first time through players, if someone speaks even if all you see is "....." you can click on their name and then see their stats. Hopefully their boasting will be their downfall and you can use it to see just who they really are. You can always flee a fight with a bully. That will rob them of another trouncing win and if you just keep leaving them alone maybe they will get the message. I kind of doubt it but at least you will not be subjected to bullying. There is no shame to fleeing a fight from a bully. They should be shunned and to flee is to shun them from any PvP with you.

Commodore
Jul 07, 2013
932
Sadly a lot of these "hunter" players use pvp to boost their ego. They also believe that disguising their power by using lower level clothing and stitching in the stats of high level items is part of their strategy. In this way it is hard to police that since it can be viewed as a strategy. I am reminded of a quote in Pirates of the Caribbean.... Were Will Turner and Jack Sparrow are having a sword duel and when Will disarms Jack he pulls a gun on Will and Will says," You cheated...you ignored the rules of engagement in a fair fight." Then Jack Sparrow says, "Pirate...."

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
288
Melody the Swift on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
I have been noticing some players being unfair in the PVP arenas. These players I refer as "hunters." They dress in low-level Skull Island clothing, even though they are maxed-out or almost maxed-out. (around levels 60-65.) Since you cannot click on them to see their stats when they are standing in the PVP sigil, you can only assume that they are from Skull Island, Monquista, or Valencia. (Since the clothing style only changes greatly in Cool Ranch.) When a lower-level player decides to PVP with the "hunter," the "hunter" beats up the other player.

I also have noticed that they tend to be text chat players, and the victims tend to be Safe Chat players, like me. This has happened to me, and I have seen others being treated like this. They ignore us when we tell them to "please stop" or "that's not nice."

If you are reading this, and have "hunted" other players, please stop. This makes PVP unenjoyable. Doing this to others, especially younger players is completely unacceptable and rude. PVP is supposed to be fun for everyone. I know that there are many kind and helpful players out there, young and old. The online world isn't a perfect place, stopping this "hunting" can make it better.

Quick Melody Nightngale, LVL 21
Quite the opposite. Since i'm a max, in a random pvp arena people (low levels) ALWAYS want to be on my team, even if they're level 55 or even 60 they always never go against me. And please, don't complain about pvp if you're not maxxed. Firstly, you're disadvantaged against anyone that's not exactly your level. Second, there's barely any point of doing pvp without being maxxed, especially in arenas where people are mostly maxxed. If your membership has run out, find people in the same situation and go to an empty server (there are LOADS, trust me, go to the end of the realms) and pvp there. Don't focus on pvp untill you're max level, there is literally no point.

Ensign
Jan 19, 2011
28
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
I agree. A bully is no fun no matter what the format. For you younger levels and first time through players, if someone speaks even if all you see is "....." you can click on their name and then see their stats. Hopefully their boasting will be their downfall and you can use it to see just who they really are. You can always flee a fight with a bully. That will rob them of another trouncing win and if you just keep leaving them alone maybe they will get the message. I kind of doubt it but at least you will not be subjected to bullying. There is no shame to fleeing a fight from a bully. They should be shunned and to flee is to shun them from any PvP with you.
But you can't click on their name on the PVP sigil, so if they're already on the sigil you can't see their stats, I think. (I've tried)

Do you mean that in the PVP battle, when someone says something on the left, you can click on their name? I'll try that!

Ensign
Jan 19, 2011
28
DeathWiz101378 on Jan 10, 2014 wrote:
Quite the opposite. Since i'm a max, in a random pvp arena people (low levels) ALWAYS want to be on my team, even if they're level 55 or even 60 they always never go against me. And please, don't complain about pvp if you're not maxxed. Firstly, you're disadvantaged against anyone that's not exactly your level. Second, there's barely any point of doing pvp without being maxxed, especially in arenas where people are mostly maxxed. If your membership has run out, find people in the same situation and go to an empty server (there are LOADS, trust me, go to the end of the realms) and pvp there. Don't focus on pvp untill you're max level, there is literally no point.
Thanks for the advice, but I'm safe chat so I can't really "ask" other players to PVP with me on a different server that easily.

Quick Melody Nightngale, Level 21

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
Melody the Swift on Jan 10, 2014 wrote:
But you can't click on their name on the PVP sigil, so if they're already on the sigil you can't see their stats, I think. (I've tried)

Do you mean that in the PVP battle, when someone says something on the left, you can click on their name? I'll try that!
I mean before the fight starts. When they talk, you just click on their name in the text box, where you type and read what others have said. If you click on their name there, it will bring up their box, as if they were on your friend's list, just with no private chat or porting abilities.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
Melody the Swift on Jan 11, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for the advice, but I'm safe chat so I can't really "ask" other players to PVP with me on a different server that easily.

Quick Melody Nightngale, Level 21
Good point. Maybe you could go to the Suggestions thread and ask that the developers put a "Let's change to '.......' Realm" option in the menu chat options.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1246
I hate when a guy from monquistia comes that is like lvl 15 and pones the low lvls I then step in and take control lol hahaha stupid bully yeah some people do this though for another reason they disguise them selves against high lvls that are bullies to defeat them and use a pet
Trust me using hawkules wouldn't work lol
Now tell me if this is cowardly I was in a team with me at lvl 28 and a lvl 65 musketeer the other team had a max buc and a buccaneer at lvl 28 I defeated the buc and his companions without any of mine dying the musketeer wanted the buc to come and made that 5 trap placement between the 2 wooden poles if your in the middle
I stuck myself in there too the max musketeer left so it was me vs this max buc
I smartly fleed knowing I would end up at life fountain anyway I went back there and he was there he said your suchba coward you left that battle ypu could have won
Then I said your such a coward your nearly triple my lvl
He then ran away I managed to report him intime
Btw just so you know I rarely use text chat too look weaker but then people are stunned by my playing lol

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 13, 2014 wrote:
I hate when a guy from monquistia comes that is like lvl 15 and pones the low lvls I then step in and take control lol hahaha stupid bully yeah some people do this though for another reason they disguise them selves against high lvls that are bullies to defeat them and use a pet
Trust me using hawkules wouldn't work lol
Now tell me if this is cowardly I was in a team with me at lvl 28 and a lvl 65 musketeer the other team had a max buc and a buccaneer at lvl 28 I defeated the buc and his companions without any of mine dying the musketeer wanted the buc to come and made that 5 trap placement between the 2 wooden poles if your in the middle
I stuck myself in there too the max musketeer left so it was me vs this max buc
I smartly fleed knowing I would end up at life fountain anyway I went back there and he was there he said your suchba coward you left that battle ypu could have won
Then I said your such a coward your nearly triple my lvl
He then ran away I managed to report him intime
Btw just so you know I rarely use text chat too look weaker but then people are stunned by my playing lol
What did you report him for? I realize that rudeness is annoying but it is not a reportable offense. Please read the page for what is a reportable offense. We wouldn't want you getting into trouble for sending in false reports.

Captain
May 13, 2011
564
DuranteRamses87 on Jan 10, 2014 wrote:
Sadly a lot of these "hunter" players use pvp to boost their ego. They also believe that disguising their power by using lower level clothing and stitching in the stats of high level items is part of their strategy. In this way it is hard to police that since it can be viewed as a strategy. I am reminded of a quote in Pirates of the Caribbean.... Were Will Turner and Jack Sparrow are having a sword duel and when Will disarms Jack he pulls a gun on Will and Will says," You cheated...you ignored the rules of engagement in a fair fight." Then Jack Sparrow says, "Pirate...."

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
pirate... very good reason. arent pirates one of the worst outlaws in history?

Captain
Feb 02, 2013
721
Melody the Swift on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
I have been noticing some players being unfair in the PVP arenas. These players I refer as "hunters." They dress in low-level Skull Island clothing, even though they are maxed-out or almost maxed-out. (around levels 60-65.) Since you cannot click on them to see their stats when they are standing in the PVP sigil, you can only assume that they are from Skull Island, Monquista, or Valencia. (Since the clothing style only changes greatly in Cool Ranch.) When a lower-level player decides to PVP with the "hunter," the "hunter" beats up the other player.

I also have noticed that they tend to be text chat players, and the victims tend to be Safe Chat players, like me. This has happened to me, and I have seen others being treated like this. They ignore us when we tell them to "please stop" or "that's not nice."

If you are reading this, and have "hunted" other players, please stop. This makes PVP unenjoyable. Doing this to others, especially younger players is completely unacceptable and rude. PVP is supposed to be fun for everyone. I know that there are many kind and helpful players out there, young and old. The online world isn't a perfect place, stopping this "hunting" can make it better.

Quick Melody Nightngale, LVL 21
dont forget not every max in skull island gear is a hunter some just like the way it looks

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
Sneaky George Quar... on Jan 13, 2014 wrote:
pirate... very good reason. arent pirates one of the worst outlaws in history?
This is true but some are labeled pirates by the ruling class just because they weren't in favor. A lot of times the name was put on someone just to make them hunted and to stop them from doing whatever it was that irritated the ruling classes. Some pirates were very law abiding, they just got tagged with it because some greedy person got offended. That's how I like to see our pirates, we are labeled as such by the Armada simply because they can execute pirates. So if they don't like you they call you a pirate so they can get rid of you.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1246
I'm a hero pirate aww yeah now lest go and free Carolina from fort Elena guys

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
738
While I am not one of these players that does this. (And I don't recommend being mean by all means) What if they just liked the looks of the skull island clothes?

Maybe if this is a big problem (I don't pvp like at all) then they could just make level's viewable in the pvp lobby?

Commodore
Jul 07, 2013
932
I'm just saying it doesn't matter if you think that strategy is right or wrong morally.This is a game about pirates good or bad the player can choose. It is an available strategy and is not against the rules. If it is something you don't like you don't have to participate you can choose to be a good pirate.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Captain
May 13, 2011
564
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 14, 2014 wrote:
This is true but some are labeled pirates by the ruling class just because they weren't in favor. A lot of times the name was put on someone just to make them hunted and to stop them from doing whatever it was that irritated the ruling classes. Some pirates were very law abiding, they just got tagged with it because some greedy person got offended. That's how I like to see our pirates, we are labeled as such by the Armada simply because they can execute pirates. So if they don't like you they call you a pirate so they can get rid of you.
well, no one likes the armada. everybody in the game ask us pirates for help

Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
35
I have tried to do this but the Dragoon Auto Cannon gave me away but what annoys me is when a max joins in he last two seconds of the match i just want a 1vs1 and then they come up out of no where

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5494
Melody the Swift on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
I have been noticing some players being unfair in the PVP arenas. These players I refer as "hunters." They dress in low-level Skull Island clothing, even though they are maxed-out or almost maxed-out. (around levels 60-65.) Since you cannot click on them to see their stats when they are standing in the PVP sigil, you can only assume that they are from Skull Island, Monquista, or Valencia. (Since the clothing style only changes greatly in Cool Ranch.) When a lower-level player decides to PVP with the "hunter," the "hunter" beats up the other player.

I also have noticed that they tend to be text chat players, and the victims tend to be Safe Chat players, like me. This has happened to me, and I have seen others being treated like this. They ignore us when we tell them to "please stop" or "that's not nice."

If you are reading this, and have "hunted" other players, please stop. This makes PVP unenjoyable. Doing this to others, especially younger players is completely unacceptable and rude. PVP is supposed to be fun for everyone. I know that there are many kind and helpful players out there, young and old. The online world isn't a perfect place, stopping this "hunting" can make it better.

Quick Melody Nightngale, LVL 21
Stitching high level clothing to low level clothing is not unfair! It is a basic strategy to cause your opponent to underestimate you. I, however don't 'hunt' low level opponents in PVP, I look at whoever is in the Hall or Spar room, I click on them for their levels and also if I see nifty looking gear. If you are too lazy to check who you're fighting, you only have yourself to blame if you find yourself facing a high level in Skull Island clothes.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
152
They weren't lying when they say "bullies are cowards." Defeating low levels is not impressive in my book, 'cause it's not as challenging as defeating someone their own size.

Petty Officer
Nov 23, 2012
51
i totally agree about the cyber bullying part it's not cool. but the part where they stitch up and dress up like noob that is this a battle plan not unfairness i used to do that when i was in the mooshu campaign but i don't know why you called them hunters they just come there to fight. my friend do that except he don't brag and bully other people. i agree that picking on other people is wrong, but i disagree that it's unenjoyable because if it was counted as cheating the creators of this game wouldn't have put it there in the first place

Bold Eric Vane lvl 60 privateer

Petty Officer
Nov 23, 2012
51
Sneaky George Quar... on Jan 13, 2014 wrote:
pirate... very good reason. arent pirates one of the worst outlaws in history?
but you are a pirate we all are. well technically privateers kinda aren't but this pirate 101.