Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A Numbers Question for Ratbeard

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 30, 2009
Hey you might have missed this comment/post on the other topic thread so I thought I would make a new one. I have been hearing a lot of people saying this and that about the different schools and who is doing better than so and so and what should be fixed or not. I think we would all love substantial proof of how each school is doing. Please tell us the number of MAX LEVEL champions ((lets leave narrow it down to 65 level champions to make things easier. )) We would all like to know how many max level champions their are of each school as I think that would clear up a lot of confusion within the spar chamber.

Also please do not give us a ratio in comparison to the number of total pirates within each school as that doesnt actually tell us a whole lot cause it skews the numbers so much. Just the raw number of champions if you dont mind :) We are not asking for any personal data or info so you should be able to do this with relative ease. Thank you in advance for your hard work and taking time to read and reply to our posts.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Thomas Sunhammer on Sep 10, 2015 wrote:
Hey you might have missed this comment/post on the other topic thread so I thought I would make a new one. I have been hearing a lot of people saying this and that about the different schools and who is doing better than so and so and what should be fixed or not. I think we would all love substantial proof of how each school is doing. Please tell us the number of MAX LEVEL champions ((lets leave narrow it down to 65 level champions to make things easier. )) We would all like to know how many max level champions their are of each school as I think that would clear up a lot of confusion within the spar chamber.

Also please do not give us a ratio in comparison to the number of total pirates within each school as that doesnt actually tell us a whole lot cause it skews the numbers so much. Just the raw number of champions if you dont mind :) We are not asking for any personal data or info so you should be able to do this with relative ease. Thank you in advance for your hard work and taking time to read and reply to our posts.
I believe Ratbeard shall wait end of the season before doing so..?

Gunner's Mate
Dec 16, 2009

It needs to be a ratio- A ratio is the only way we get to see how a school is doing. Any other way and the numbers are meaningless because there is no context. For example if there are 20 wd champions and 40 buccaneer champions with no context then it seems that buccaneer are advantaged. However if there are 20/22 PvP witchdoctor champions and 40/70 buccaneer champions then the exact opposite holds true. A ratio is the only way for us to get any meaningful results.

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010

The only confusion i detected from your last post was coming from you.
Yes, swashbucklers are obviously going to be number 1 in the rankings because they are an easier class to play as, but the reasons you listed were invalid.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 30, 2009
Eric Stormbringer on Sep 11, 2015 wrote:
It needs to be a ratio- A ratio is the only way we get to see how a school is doing. Any other way and the numbers are meaningless because there is no context. For example if there are 20 wd champions and 40 buccaneer champions with no context then it seems that buccaneer are advantaged. However if there are 20/22 PvP witchdoctor champions and 40/70 buccaneer champions then the exact opposite holds true. A ratio is the only way for us to get any meaningful results.
Hmm maybe. But a ratio really makes me nervous. Because you have too many variables. For example: How many witches actually pvp vs how many there are in the game? How many pvp'ed only once? How old are the players behind the pirates and so on.

Further example: I am fairly certain that buckler is the most popular school in pirates at the moment. So if there are 50 buckler champions 1000 buckler players and 100 that do pvp. Then which ratio do you choose? Do they have a 50% success rate or 5% success rate? This is why ratio makes me nervous and why I would rather have raw numbers.

I did want them to narrow it down to just max level champions. Because lower level pirates power up at different rates. Privateers for example dont learn any of their good moves till like level 40 while bucklers and bucks learn theirs way early.

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
Thomas Sunhammer on Sep 11, 2015 wrote:
Hmm maybe. But a ratio really makes me nervous. Because you have too many variables. For example: How many witches actually pvp vs how many there are in the game? How many pvp'ed only once? How old are the players behind the pirates and so on.

Further example: I am fairly certain that buckler is the most popular school in pirates at the moment. So if there are 50 buckler champions 1000 buckler players and 100 that do pvp. Then which ratio do you choose? Do they have a 50% success rate or 5% success rate? This is why ratio makes me nervous and why I would rather have raw numbers.

I did want them to narrow it down to just max level champions. Because lower level pirates power up at different rates. Privateers for example dont learn any of their good moves till like level 40 while bucklers and bucks learn theirs way early.
Um that last part is a lie, Privy get there good stuff when they get to 30 because all they need to pvp is espirit and there crit buff at lower lvl it just destroys mostly if low lvl would become a dominant figure like in Wiz Goro+Zang Cha+Egg Shen at those lvl can get what there max lvl and promo could at lvl 30 before the comp update now. Also Buck's don't get anything really up until lvl 50.... Like if I were to pick any class to play before lvl 50 it would be Privy/Witch but Buck/Swash only get good around the 40-50 range because that's when they get to use there chain(s) to the fullest which is what keeps a melee going.

The best way is to have a Pie chart with the %'s out of the TOTAL amount of max lvl Champions for each school then have a list of the total # that got to Champion of that class and then a Pie chart of the classes played in this season with the # as well of the total. This way we can all compare and contrast to our own.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
DeathWiz101378 on Sep 11, 2015 wrote:
The only confusion i detected from your last post was coming from you.
Yes, swashbucklers are obviously going to be number 1 in the rankings because they are an easier class to play as, but the reasons you listed were invalid.
There are likely to be more Swashbuckler champions, simply because most players choose to play Swashbucklers in the game overall. See the latest Vadima's Vision for the proof that a Swashbuckler is (has been) the preferred class to play.

Again, doesn't automatically mean there are more Swashbuckler champions, but it certainly indicates you are more likely to encounter a Swash in PvP (since there are more total Swashbucklers in Pirate101).

Gunner's Mate
Sep 30, 2009
Ok so the old season has ended and the new season has begun. NOW can you tell us the numbers? How many max level champions are there in each school for the summer pvp season. ((Just the level 65 pirates please. My examples before might not have been that good...but the point was that each school becomes "excellent" at different points so its too hard to base numbers off noob level pirates.))

Also as a fun side numbers note. Could you tell us who becomes a champion first in this new pvp age? I am curious to see who makes it to the top quickest.

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Ahoy!

This is an interesting idea, unfortunately we don't have this information to share with everyone at this time. It may be something we consider for the future.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Gunner's Mate
Sep 30, 2009
Bonnie Anne on Sep 22, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy!

This is an interesting idea, unfortunately we don't have this information to share with everyone at this time. It may be something we consider for the future.
Thank you for responding. Plz do consider it. I think it would have solved a lot of questions and comments people were making about this class being stronger than that class etc. And who has it hardest. As well as who had the best success in the first season. I know you guys have made comments about who and how many haven't ever lost a battle and stuff like that.