Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A change needs to happen!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 19, 2013
Hello I am speaking on behalf of all privy musket and witches. This is also coming from a P101 veteran and I have been here sense beta. A change needs to happen in pvp. Before i talk any further i would like to say that discord should also be banned like charm and this is coming from a privy. Discord is too op. Now hear me out! Black fog should be reduced not banned. It should do 1.5 damage and not 2. damage and should last 3 rounds. This will make buckler less op and not rely as much on fog. Second! ban highland charge! That power is so broken. A buck can and will easily use highland charge and pete's whale's might buff and rush you in the second turn. This is a disaster for everyone except buckler sense they can fog. I am asking for highland charge to be banned and that you can use grade 3 buffs in the first round! This will be updated soon!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Privateer Master on Sep 24, 2016 wrote:
Hello I am speaking on behalf of all privy musket and witches. This is also coming from a P101 veteran and I have been here sense beta. A change needs to happen in pvp. Before i talk any further i would like to say that discord should also be banned like charm and this is coming from a privy. Discord is too op. Now hear me out! Black fog should be reduced not banned. It should do 1.5 damage and not 2. damage and should last 3 rounds. This will make buckler less op and not rely as much on fog. Second! ban highland charge! That power is so broken. A buck can and will easily use highland charge and pete's whale's might buff and rush you in the second turn. This is a disaster for everyone except buckler sense they can fog. I am asking for highland charge to be banned and that you can use grade 3 buffs in the first round! This will be updated soon!
None of these powers need a ban or nerfing; other PVP competitors have strategies to beat these powers ( only exception is BoD, but I believe that's going to be addressed soon ).
Charm was banned not for being OP but that it interfered with battle order, it may be reinstated when those problems are corrected.
Black Fog doesn't need to be reduced, 1. it's the buckler's only team buff 2. it takes time to cross the battle board ( especially with powers that can slow down the buckler ). 3. there are ways to remove a fog ( or any hide ) early.
Bucklers depend on BF just as any class depends on their best power be it an attack or buff, so what you basically say is we should be punished for using it.
Highland Charge needs no ban, there are powers to slow a charge down.
Start thinking and innovating and stop demanding bans & nerfs!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
There's nothing "OP" about these powers if you know how to counter them.
1. BoD is very strong and the best counter is to scatter your team, if that Privy doesn't use it the first round. It's first round use that has the potential to be "OP".
2. Black Fog doesn't need a nerf - use talent attacks to out a buckler from hide. If that buckler has trained or uses equipment that gives flanking or cheap shot ( and I've seen plenty who have ). Then use those situations to trigger those talents. Use companions with First Strke3, or scatter your companion to avoid a rush. Shield and buff, you, as a Privy, have the most defense of any class.
AOEs that hit without the need to target - all muskets, privies & witches have this ability. Use Mutineer's Grasp or Widows touch to slow a buckler or buck. Use Emmett or Emerson's slow down for the same situation. Use barricade to block a rush or charge.
3. To face Highland Charge ( see above ) Barricade, Knockback, Emmett ( or Emerson ) Widow's Touch or Mutineer's Grasp. Shield & buff or scatter so that a buck won't have the opportunity to Bladestorm or Relentless you to pieces.

Petty Officer
Jan 03, 2010
Privateer Master on Sep 24, 2016 wrote:
In terms of changes that need to happen, BoD the only thing you mentioned that is genuinely a problem to begin with. Besides that, I think I speak for a good number of musket/privy/witch when I say "been there, done that".

I could sit here and list the pros/cons of each everything you've mentioned, though I believe there are plenty past threads that address this already. I have been active in the pvp community for a good while now, and while I understand exactly where you're coming from, I also disagree with the logic behind such significant nerfs.

Long story short, a little digging through past threads will show you how such changes are ultimately unreasonable, despite how "op" they may seem up front. While your concerns are completely valid, another "Fog too OP" thread won't likely get too much sympathy nowadays.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
anecorbie on Sep 25, 2016 wrote:
None of these powers need a ban or nerfing; other PVP competitors have strategies to beat these powers ( only exception is BoD, but I believe that's going to be addressed soon ).
Charm was banned not for being OP but that it interfered with battle order, it may be reinstated when those problems are corrected.
Black Fog doesn't need to be reduced, 1. it's the buckler's only team buff 2. it takes time to cross the battle board ( especially with powers that can slow down the buckler ). 3. there are ways to remove a fog ( or any hide ) early.
Bucklers depend on BF just as any class depends on their best power be it an attack or buff, so what you basically say is we should be punished for using it.
Highland Charge needs no ban, there are powers to slow a charge down.
Start thinking and innovating and stop demanding bans & nerfs!
....Just as any class depends on their best power be it an attack or buff, so what you basically say is we should be punished for using it.....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DuranteRamses87 on Sep 27, 2016 wrote:
....Just as any class depends on their best power be it an attack or buff, so what you basically say is we should be punished for using it.....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
First round freeze ( my preferred fix ) of BoD isn't a ban or a nerf.....Be thankful that some players see that.