Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

You know what...

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 12, 2008
Let me just say that i have started playing wizard101 when i was 8 and i know alot about MMOs. And i think we should just ditch the train tome system and make it so that companions become the level that you are when you level up. You know why because I have 2 pages of companions and most of them are level 43! and i'm level 50!!!!!! I know that when the game was in alpha this system seemed like a good idea but it really makes the game less fun. every time i level up in wizard101 i felt more powerful. now in pirate101 every time i level up i know that i'm another level away from my companions and so are the enemys seriously i can't even do sidequests that give training tomes because they are all level 50! now people will read this and point out you can buy training tomes with gold. well... not really why? because they cost like 5000 gold at level 50 for just 1 and you also need to save up gold for a better ship so it makes the ones you can buy with gold pretty much nonexistent. so this is why i think kingsile should ditch the training tome system thank you and good day.

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
I could give you some hint that could fasten your companion trainings:

1. Farm Friar Sand: it gives a ton of money and you could rack up easily 100k every evening, yes it is boring but it is the fastest way.

2. the golden rule of this game is focussing, focussing solve a lot of problems even large differences between levels, if yoru enemies are strongher than your companions just defeat them one by one, don't waste hits and don't split damage .

3. For end game gear farming choose 3 companions and bring them to 50 focussing on them, because end game instances on temples (also Moo Manchu for example) of the giant turtle let you to choose wich companion bring in, for Friar Sand is enought o just focus on him .

Worked for me very well .

Developer
You know what else?

If you're level 50 and your companions are only level 43, you'll do just fine in combat.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Keep your first seven or eight companions high - if you are 50, they should be 47. Anybody after that, don't worry to much - they are going to have a less than 1% chance of showing up individually, and it is extremely unlikely two will show up.

-Michael

Ensign
Dec 12, 2008
Ratbeard on Feb 5, 2013 wrote:
You know what else?

If you're level 50 and your companions are only level 43, you'll do just fine in combat.
I'm sorry if i angerd you Ratbeard and thank you everyone for helping me.

Administrator
captain cookies on Feb 8, 2013 wrote:
I'm sorry if i angerd you Ratbeard and thank you everyone for helping me.
Oh, don't worry about ol' Ratbeard! He just likes to "tell it like it is." All it takes is showing him some rope and pointing in the general direction of The Volcano instance, and he shapes right up, Captain.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*