"You Have Been Defeated"

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 16, 2013
28
I would like to ask how many people think the Notification Message "You Have Been Defeated" should be removed from teh game, as it is often times far more annoying than it is informative?

I personally think it should be. When I lose a fight (PvP or PvE) I usually know when I do, it's kind of a hard thing to miss. Especially with the lack of health and the pile of dead companions.

That said, I feel that the notification "You Have Been Defeated" is playing more along the lines of "pouring salt on the wound" then it is informing us of any great change in our game status.

Now, before anyone says it, I know for a fact, for I have seen it time and again, that I can take losing much better than most. And this goes for both PvP and PvE. If I enjoyed the match, if it was faught well on both sides and everyone all around got along well, regardless of the situation, I can take the loss without batting an eye. If it was incredibly close and very fun, then I'll even brag about the match, regardless of having lost.

What I cannot stand, is when I get absolutely bowled over without any chance to make even a half-decent stand. Then, I can get seriously peaved. Only to then appear at a life fountain just as I'm starting to cool myself off and get this message "You Have Been Defeated" alongside an ominous "BOOM". It's at this point that I usually lose it and just close the game. And I doubt I'm the only one.

So, I come back to the point of this topic, how many other players would like to see this message removed? Cause lord knows, I hate it.

Silly Sebastian (,,)

Captain
May 13, 2011
564
Silly Sebastian on Apr 16, 2014 wrote:
I would like to ask how many people think the Notification Message "You Have Been Defeated" should be removed from teh game, as it is often times far more annoying than it is informative?

I personally think it should be. When I lose a fight (PvP or PvE) I usually know when I do, it's kind of a hard thing to miss. Especially with the lack of health and the pile of dead companions.

That said, I feel that the notification "You Have Been Defeated" is playing more along the lines of "pouring salt on the wound" then it is informing us of any great change in our game status.

Now, before anyone says it, I know for a fact, for I have seen it time and again, that I can take losing much better than most. And this goes for both PvP and PvE. If I enjoyed the match, if it was faught well on both sides and everyone all around got along well, regardless of the situation, I can take the loss without batting an eye. If it was incredibly close and very fun, then I'll even brag about the match, regardless of having lost.

What I cannot stand, is when I get absolutely bowled over without any chance to make even a half-decent stand. Then, I can get seriously peaved. Only to then appear at a life fountain just as I'm starting to cool myself off and get this message "You Have Been Defeated" alongside an ominous "BOOM". It's at this point that I usually lose it and just close the game. And I doubt I'm the only one.

So, I come back to the point of this topic, how many other players would like to see this message removed? Cause lord knows, I hate it.

Silly Sebastian (,,)
it used to be worse. it said "you failed to defeat all enemies" if you were knocked out. i dont see why its there in the first place. it seriously tears down your motivation when the game slams your defeat in your face. its even more extreme in "mario & sonic at the 2012 Olympic games" where if you lose, the commentator yells out "you lose" in a very teasing voice. i already know i lost. i dont need any reminders

Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
177
An odd request. I'm curious on how the forum will react to your request.

For me, eh...I don't see it as bothersome.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5748
I have HATED this notification from the first day I received it! Excuse me for saying this, but what kind of idiot needs to be told that they were beaten? Please get rid of this annoying notification.

Ensign
Nov 25, 2012
34
I agree that the message is pretty much pointless. They should delete it from the game altogether, or at least change it to something on the lines of

"It looks like you're in a bad condition, pirate. Be sure to revive you're companions and recharge you're health before ye go to fight enemies again."

They could even add in an announcement when you get defeated in a dungeon that says

"Looks like ye couldn't quite get through a dungeon. Hurry, if ye get back in within 30 minutes, ye can begin where ye left off."

Kings Isle has more important things to tell us than "You have been defeated," so why not just tell us something else instead.

Cunning Nicholas Sharp, Level 25

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5748
Pokopolypse on Apr 25, 2014 wrote:
I agree that the message is pretty much pointless. They should delete it from the game altogether, or at least change it to something on the lines of

"It looks like you're in a bad condition, pirate. Be sure to revive you're companions and recharge you're health before ye go to fight enemies again."

They could even add in an announcement when you get defeated in a dungeon that says

"Looks like ye couldn't quite get through a dungeon. Hurry, if ye get back in within 30 minutes, ye can begin where ye left off."

Kings Isle has more important things to tell us than "You have been defeated," so why not just tell us something else instead.

Cunning Nicholas Sharp, Level 25
Yes! They could even have Boochbeard or Gandry say it!

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
288
I know right. After losing a pve/PvP match i look at my notifactions.
Me: "Ooh a new notification, i wonder what it is?"
Game: "You have been defeated"
Me: "NAH You dont say ".

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1246
what i hate is when i picture the enemies voices in my head saying it. its note useful if your deaf u can still see that you were deafeated it actualy makes you wanna play another game

Captain
May 16, 2011
553
Silly Sebastian on Apr 16, 2014 wrote:
I would like to ask how many people think the Notification Message "You Have Been Defeated" should be removed from teh game, as it is often times far more annoying than it is informative?

I personally think it should be. When I lose a fight (PvP or PvE) I usually know when I do, it's kind of a hard thing to miss. Especially with the lack of health and the pile of dead companions.

That said, I feel that the notification "You Have Been Defeated" is playing more along the lines of "pouring salt on the wound" then it is informing us of any great change in our game status.

Now, before anyone says it, I know for a fact, for I have seen it time and again, that I can take losing much better than most. And this goes for both PvP and PvE. If I enjoyed the match, if it was faught well on both sides and everyone all around got along well, regardless of the situation, I can take the loss without batting an eye. If it was incredibly close and very fun, then I'll even brag about the match, regardless of having lost.

What I cannot stand, is when I get absolutely bowled over without any chance to make even a half-decent stand. Then, I can get seriously peaved. Only to then appear at a life fountain just as I'm starting to cool myself off and get this message "You Have Been Defeated" alongside an ominous "BOOM". It's at this point that I usually lose it and just close the game. And I doubt I'm the only one.

So, I come back to the point of this topic, how many other players would like to see this message removed? Cause lord knows, I hate it.

Silly Sebastian (,,)
I agree it's a very irritating notification, however, think on why KI added it in the first place. It's not to rub your defeat in. Say you were AFK in a fight, and you reappeared at a life fountain. (Although any decent person might be able to figure it out) You would want to know how you appeared there, wouldn't you?

Again, that notification can be annoying. I totally agree with you all the same.

Project Mortarshell: In Progress. Armadillo Farming: In Progress.

Ensign
Jun 16, 2013
28
Thunder Hawk on May 4, 2014 wrote:
I agree it's a very irritating notification, however, think on why KI added it in the first place. It's not to rub your defeat in. Say you were AFK in a fight, and you reappeared at a life fountain. (Although any decent person might be able to figure it out) You would want to know how you appeared there, wouldn't you?

Again, that notification can be annoying. I totally agree with you all the same.

Project Mortarshell: In Progress. Armadillo Farming: In Progress.
Believe, I understand this, and I tried to make that clear in my original post. But at the same time, there are plenty of signs as to why you are there. Most notably being the lack of health and 3 dead companions (in addition to any other companions that were already dead by the time you entered the fight).

Thus is the reason for this topic. We all know KI's reason for adding it, I'm just expressing my (and hopefully many other player's) reasons for potentially removing it. It is a very irritating message, and I hope to at least get KI to consider the pros and cons of leaving it around or getting rid of it.

If nothing else, it can at least start a discussion in their offices, which is really all I ask for.