Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Wrong Companions in Selection Fights

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
This has been going on for ages and seems to be random, but it's really becoming a problem. Today, during my second fight with Rooke, Neither of us in the fight got the companions we chose.

Companion pot luck in regular fights is one thing, but this glitch is a really unpleasant surprise, especially at higher level boss fights.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
That's never happened to me... But I guess that's a good thing.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
I have noticed it too. I had the same problem on the second Rooke fight, actually it was a big problem because the three of us together weren't in the same place (one missed out on the dialog, one wasn't pulled into the battle and none got the companions they chose).

I have seen it happen in other battles, can't remember which ones though. Often it would only be one of us that would not get what they chose, the other 2 would be fine.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I've had this happen too, most recently when I selected Buffalo Bill and got Ratbeard instead. Given that I'd ported into an Aquella dungeon to help a friend above my level, Ratbeard died very fast. It would have been much better if I'd gotten the musketeer I'd selected. Bonnie on the other hand was able to be very helpful. This happened a few other times to me, I think with a yakusa taking Subodai's place.

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
There are two situations where this has happened to me (though they've been frequent). One was because i had selected my companions and was second guessing myself so had not clicked "Done" before the timer ran out. Even though I HAD selected companions apparently by not hitting the "Done" button it didn't cement them as my permanent choice.

The other situation, as explained by previous others, was if I was "late" joining the battle because I was reading the dialogue. Then I either didn't get to choose my companions at all or they weren't the ones I had chosen for myself.

~SM~

Ensign
Apr 15, 2009
Lol i know the answer too this XD

When you pick your companions there are 2 "Done" buttons. There is one on the table with your companions and 1 where you would usually click done when you attack. you have to press the one near your companions

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
The only time I have had it happen to me is the first situation SM mentioned - I had not clicked "done" when the time ran out. If that happens, the game chooses randomly, even if you had already made some or all of your selections.

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
TheFrostMusketeer on Jun 18, 2013 wrote:
Lol i know the answer too this XD

When you pick your companions there are 2 "Done" buttons. There is one on the table with your companions and 1 where you would usually click done when you attack. you have to press the one near your companions
I'm sorry but I don't see TWO "Done" buttons. I just purposely went into an Epic Battle just so I could see if this was something I missed and there is only the ONE that I always knew about. Here is a picture of it in my album.

Now maybe you might be referring to the "Done" button on the battleboard as the second one. That one might be in play when there are two or more pirates. However, for myself personally (not speaking on behalf of others) I have always clicked the "Done" button on the Companion Selection and have still had the ones I've not chosen show up in battle. For the reasons that I named above in a previous post.

~SM~

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
Indigo Ring on Jun 18, 2013 wrote:
The only time I have had it happen to me is the first situation SM mentioned - I had not clicked "done" when the time ran out. If that happens, the game chooses randomly, even if you had already made some or all of your selections.
That is the way it used to happen, before the MB/AQ update. I was glad that they fixed that.
The problem now is that it rarely and randomly doesn't keep your selection and gives you companions the normal way.

As for the two done buttons, that is not always the problem OR the solution. The times when I have seen this happen it has been random if the second "done" was there at all.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
Same thing happened to me. I picked Scratch, my weasel gambler, and Masamune Goto. But I got Scratch, my Monkey crossbowman, and Ridolfo Capoferro. Ridolfo didn't even score one hit, he died in like only two hits. Scratch fizzled for his hit on Rooke-who was going to take down a redcoat protecting me. Then a Dragoon went for my monkey, and killed him. Then Rooke killed Scratch, did a Rook-ochet on me twice, and we lost.

This needs to be fixed.

Mark Laveer, Buccaneer

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Just helped a friend through a couple of days ago and by the time we got to the last fight there were three of us and the same thing happened. Companions there but locked.