For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Would be nice if buffs were based upon weapon type

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
268
I absolutely hate that when playing with shooty staffy, or melee staffy weapons that my non witchdoctor and non privateer characters don't receive scratch buffs at a distance based upon the fact that my characters have a staff equipped as part of the weapon type. The same goes for the other buffs. Buffs are cast which would be directly beneficial to the weapon type being used. Just having a wand in hand should enable you to get will buffs. Having a stabby weapon in hand agility buffs. ... and so on. Combination weapons should receives buffs for both types of weapons being used.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10605
Takhethis on Apr 22, 2021 wrote:
I absolutely hate that when playing with shooty staffy, or melee staffy weapons that my non witchdoctor and non privateer characters don't receive scratch buffs at a distance based upon the fact that my characters have a staff equipped as part of the weapon type. The same goes for the other buffs. Buffs are cast which would be directly beneficial to the weapon type being used. Just having a wand in hand should enable you to get will buffs. Having a stabby weapon in hand agility buffs. ... and so on. Combination weapons should receives buffs for both types of weapons being used.
It depends on the staffy combo you're using: if it doesn't buff from Will, it won't get that buff from Scratch. Look for those combos that are Will based.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
268
anecorbie on Apr 23, 2021 wrote:
It depends on the staffy combo you're using: if it doesn't buff from Will, it won't get that buff from Scratch. Look for those combos that are Will based.
They should buff from will if one of the two weapon types is a staff.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10605
Takhethis on Apr 26, 2021 wrote:
They should buff from will if one of the two weapon types is a staff.
Not always, sometimes the main weapon isn't a staff, but a stabby or slashy weapon, just because one of the weapons is a staff doesn't guarantee a will stat. Some hybrid players might want an agility or strength boost over a will boost ( swashes and bucks for example). It depends on what the individual player wants and their play style.

If you want a will boost on a hybrid, then look at those combos for the will stat boost.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
268
anecorbie on Apr 29, 2021 wrote:
Not always, sometimes the main weapon isn't a staff, but a stabby or slashy weapon, just because one of the weapons is a staff doesn't guarantee a will stat. Some hybrid players might want an agility or strength boost over a will boost ( swashes and bucks for example). It depends on what the individual player wants and their play style.

If you want a will boost on a hybrid, then look at those combos for the will stat boost.
Which brings up another issue. The PvP scrip bought hybrid weapons are bugged to the point if you do go for them and get them they simply don't work due to which weapon type is listed first on the weapon. By that I mean if you normally use stabby staffy and the PvP weapon is staffy stabby, using such a weapon no longer lets a melee character move and attack nor have access to any of their melee cards. This is essentially the same problem as not receiving group buffs for both of the weapons of the hybrid weapon being used. If you have hybrid weapons you really should have access to the buffs and cards associated with both weapons, rather than only one of the weapons. Shooty cards seem to work fine, but I believe that is due to the privateer class having shooty melee weapons designed for its use.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10605
Takhethis on Apr 30, 2021 wrote:
Which brings up another issue. The PvP scrip bought hybrid weapons are bugged to the point if you do go for them and get them they simply don't work due to which weapon type is listed first on the weapon. By that I mean if you normally use stabby staffy and the PvP weapon is staffy stabby, using such a weapon no longer lets a melee character move and attack nor have access to any of their melee cards. This is essentially the same problem as not receiving group buffs for both of the weapons of the hybrid weapon being used. If you have hybrid weapons you really should have access to the buffs and cards associated with both weapons, rather than only one of the weapons. Shooty cards seem to work fine, but I believe that is due to the privateer class having shooty melee weapons designed for its use.
If you think this is a bug, then make a report; I think having 2 boosts just because it's a hybrid weapon is OP, choose one or the other. Some talents won't trigger because of restrictions on those weapons ( ex. overwatch & a shooty/stabby) and they shouldn't as it would cause a serious imbalance in the game.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
268
anecorbie on May 3, 2021 wrote:
If you think this is a bug, then make a report; I think having 2 boosts just because it's a hybrid weapon is OP, choose one or the other. Some talents won't trigger because of restrictions on those weapons ( ex. overwatch & a shooty/stabby) and they shouldn't as it would cause a serious imbalance in the game.
It would still only be one buff, as they would not stack but would be weapon and stat type dependent (buffing agility really does nothing to increasing will further). The inability to not get buffs for each weapon type used makes some multiclass options non-viable. I'd like to be able to make hybrid swashbucklers and buccaneers that use melee staffy weapons, but there is no point in doing that without distance scratch buffs as weapon damage takes a large hit with the staffy combo but offers no benefit as long as the combo weapons aren't treated right in terms of the ability to receives buffs.