Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Words to be Added to Restricted Chat

AuthorMessage
Commodore
May 31, 2009
anecorbie on Jan 19, 2015 wrote:
"You're Welcome!" is there, but why KI decided to hide it under the Battle/Happy category is confusing to me...
Well that explains why I couldn't find it. Thanks!

Ensign
Jun 28, 2012
Add D: and -.-
I love using faces but the restrictive chat basically limits me to :) :( and :D

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
I would love to KI add alternate spellings to words they already allow.
I'm Canadian, a lot of the words I use follow the British spellings, not American.
It's very nice that KI did include our spelling for colour in Pirates, (it still doesn't exist in Wizards)
But what about;
honourable,
neighbour,
and any other word that should have a u in it,

it does get a little annoying for me (and I assume others as well) when we have to misspell so many words
simply because the language filter only recognises the American spellings.

(ooh, there's another one, replacing z with s as in recognises, or reversing er for re such as in metre or centre )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CdeWinter on Jan 23, 2015 wrote:
I'm Canadian, a lot of the words I use follow the British spellings, not American.
It's very nice that KI did include our spelling for colour in Pirates, (it still doesn't exist in Wizards)
But what about;
honourable,
neighbour,

it does get a little annoying for me (and I assume others as well) when we have to misspell so many words

(ooh, there's another one, replacing z with s as in recognises, or reversing er for re such as in metre or centre )
I never really thought about this, but you're right! Allowing English spellings as well as American English spellings. I believe it would annoy me if the situation were reversed.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
But what about;
honourable,
neighbour,

Hello Scarlet, I certainly agree that you should be able to chat without having to purposely "misspell" words, in order for them to show up. I do think you should be able to freely chat without having to change everything you know about British spellings. However, I don't think that an American based company, should have to accommodate to each and all forms of other spellings...if they choose not to-- I would think that would be their personal and professional preference, based upon the size and amount of chat they wish to allow.

Adding a few more common ones here and there would be quite nice, but to go through and add every different variation, doesn't seem all too necessary. We all adapt and improvise to having to "cheat" and purposely misspell words just so that restricted chatters can read our open chat messages and I don't think we take it personally for having to do so-- it's just part of the chat system, at present. If KI decided to add British spellings and other forms as well, I'd be quite happy for you and whomever it positively affected, to say the least, but if they chose not to, I'd certainly understand as well. And if there's no restrictions to the amount of chat KI wishes to include, then it absolutely would be nice to add as much as possible for everyone's benefit.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
But what about;
honourable,
neighbour,

Oh,that explains a lot.

For a long time,I avoided ever using the word neighbour because it got red in-game and i didn't understamd if my spelling was topsy-turvy or the game;turns out it was both.

Then came a massive decline in my use of the word,as I avoided it in posts,messages,and role plays.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 23, 2015 wrote:
Hello Scarlet, I certainly agree that you should be able to chat without having to purposely "misspell" words, in order for them to show up. I do think you should be able to freely chat without having to change everything you know about British spellings. However, I don't think that an American based company, should have to accommodate to each and all forms of other spellings...if they choose not to-- I would think that would be their personal and professional preference, based upon the size and amount of chat they wish to allow.

Adding a few more common ones here and there would be quite nice, but to go through and add every different variation, doesn't seem all too necessary. We all adapt and improvise to having to "cheat" and purposely misspell words just so that restricted chatters can read our open chat messages and I don't think we take it personally for having to do so-- it's just part of the chat system, at present. If KI decided to add British spellings and other forms as well, I'd be quite happy for you and whomever it positively affected, to say the least, but if they chose not to, I'd certainly understand as well. And if there's no restrictions to the amount of chat KI wishes to include, then it absolutely would be nice to add as much as possible for everyone's benefit.
Well, as much as I strongly wish for KI to add alternate spellings, I would also completely understand if they did not add the alternate spellings.

I do understand that it is KI's decision, and as an American company, I wouldn't really expect them to include alternate English spellings, it's simply a wish. Because, really it is annoying for me to have to spell words incorrectly, when they are perfectly acceptable otherwise.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
CdeWinter on Jan 24, 2015 wrote:
Well, as much as I strongly wish for KI to add alternate spellings, I would also completely understand if they did not add the alternate spellings.

I do understand that it is KI's decision, and as an American company, I wouldn't really expect them to include alternate English spellings, it's simply a wish. Because, really it is annoying for me to have to spell words incorrectly, when they are perfectly acceptable otherwise.
Well Scarlet, I sincerely do hope that you get your wish....nobody enjoys having to misspell on purpose-- especially when it means detouring from what you hold dear to you. From chatting with you in game, I surely know how patriotic and loyal you are to your homeland, history and heritage-- and I, without a doubt, admire that about you.

In all honesty, I do believe that you are one of my all-time favourite and most colourful neighbour's from up north.

Petty Officer
Dec 05, 2009
Ensign
Dec 11, 2011
I find it intresting where you can say "Selena Gomez", why? Is there 2 different NPC/Creature in this game with the name "Selena" & "Gomez"? Because the Cool Ranch NPC(Reference) isn't having that name.

Ensign
Jul 07, 2013
Duke of Westminste... on Dec 14, 2014 wrote:
I find restricted chat too restricting so I wanted to make a list of what words to be added. At the moment I can only think of "lag" and "glitch". I'm sure you guys can think of more.

Cheers!
Kingsisle does a fairly good job, but they really need to add the word "bed".

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
how about "I don't have text chat." Many people need to let people know this sometimes. Also what about "no doubloons" for in pvp.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
unprofessional
hypocrite
hypocritical
lagging
lag
glitching
forting
forted
mournsonging
ghostwailing
assassined
rescheduling

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
AngelPixieDust on Feb 14, 2015 wrote:
I find it intresting where you can say "Selena Gomez", why? Is there 2 different NPC/Creature in this game with the name "Selena" & "Gomez"? Because the Cool Ranch NPC(Reference) isn't having that name.
I think there might be, two different NPC in game that give the combination name Selena Gomez, but maybe not.

We can still say the name Galileo in game, but there is no character in the game (yet) named Galileo.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ryanbold2 on Feb 16, 2015 wrote:
how about "I don't have text chat." Many people need to let people know this sometimes. Also what about "no doubloons" for in pvp.
"Sorry, I don't have text chat" is in the menu, under the Sorry category, I believe.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on Feb 17, 2015 wrote:
unprofessional
hypocrite
hypocritical
lagging
lag
glitching
forting
forted
mournsonging
ghostwailing
assassined
rescheduling
Unprofessional, hypocrite, hypocritical, could be considered insulting. Many of the words you're suggesting aren't true words - forting, forted ( could be used for a certain word pertaining to flatulence ) mournsonging ( maybe mourn singing? ) ghostwailing ( just divide them ) & assassined ( use assassinated that's the past tense. )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AngelPixieDust on Feb 14, 2015 wrote:
Selena Gomez made a guest appearance in W101 a while back, I believe, that's why the name is still in use

Commodore
May 31, 2009
"Sneeze", and other tenses of it. Ex-- "Nasty, my cat just sneezed on my keyboard!" (Which has actually happened a couple times) or "My allergies are simply awful, I've been sneezing all day." Speaking of which, "allergies", too.

And for the grammar discussions I sometimes find myself in: "tense", as in verb tenses, as well as "noun", "verb", "apostrophe", and "comma".

Also, "quote", "quotes", and "quoting".

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
anecorbie on Feb 17, 2015 wrote:
Unprofessional, hypocrite, hypocritical, could be considered insulting. Many of the words you're suggesting aren't true words - forting, forted ( could be used for a certain word pertaining to flatulence ) mournsonging ( maybe mourn singing? ) ghostwailing ( just divide them ) & assassined ( use assassinated that's the past tense. )
they are pvp terms, which is why you don't know them

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on Feb 17, 2015 wrote:
they are pvp terms, which is why you don't know them
I realized that they were pvp terms, since this post came from you. Why should KI add special words in incorrect spellings just for pvp? Also why add to the insults already flying around the Brawlin' Hall and Spar Room?

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
"Okie" as another form of "okay". I just like to say "okie".