Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Words to be Added to Restricted Chat

1
AuthorMessage
Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
365
I find restricted chat too restricting so I wanted to make a list of what words to be added. At the moment I can only think of "lag" and "glitch". I'm sure you guys can think of more.





Cheers!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6204
Duke of Westminste... on Dec 14, 2014 wrote:
I find restricted chat too restricting so I wanted to make a list of what words to be added. At the moment I can only think of "lag" and "glitch". I'm sure you guys can think of more.





Cheers!
We really need to have the word "Turret" added. It's kind of silly to have to keep saying "Tour It"

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
732
Excluding profanity or words or word combinations that sound similar to tabooed words ( offensive words ). How about like " blog" and " lagging. "

Blog-A comment or short article/summary online or on social media .

Lagging-An alternative term for freezing. For example in one sentence, " My game was lagging,during a side quest in Moo Shu".

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
826
Duke of Westminste... on Dec 14, 2014 wrote:
I find restricted chat too restricting so I wanted to make a list of what words to be added. At the moment I can only think of "lag" and "glitch". I'm sure you guys can think of more.





Cheers!
Being able to say the bears name would be nice

Commodore
May 31, 2009
873
Debated, debating (I have wanted to use these instead of 'decided/ing' sometimes)
Lag, lagging, lagged
Glitchy, glitching
Turret
Orchestra (I am tired of saying 'or cast ra')
Referring, referred
Plurals of some enemies such as Lagoonies (is it Lagoonys? Whatever it may be, the ability to use the plural would be fabulous.)

This is all I can think of at the moment. Next time I start chatting I will write down some things I cannot say!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9332
Knit, renaissance, folk as in folklore or folktales.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
607
anecorbie on Dec 15, 2014 wrote:
Knit, renaissance, folk as in folklore or folktales.
...and folk magic.

Sorry,just something I find myself saying often when talking to certain people.

And for someone who has some of the worst internet you would imagine,and lag is a very useful term for me.Like when I lose connection completely and miss group plunder because I got ''evicted from the game''

And like Misty said,most words have no plural.And a few words have a plural but no singular.

But I,as a menu chat person who only uses text chat when talking to True Friends,don't really have much to contribute.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
962
I would like to see the following added to the Text-Chat-Only Menu:
"Would you please ask any Friends on-line to help us open this Group Plunder Chest?"
"Are we done?" - used to check if the Pirate you are helping needs more help
"Never mind. Someone else came." - used when you are at a Group Plunder Chest.
"Be there shortly." - used when you are fighting or doing something else and someone tells you
about a Group Plunder Chest.
"Since I haven't heard from you, I am leaving the Group Plunder Chest."
"No Friends on-line." - used when asking about Group Plunder Chest

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
228
The only word I can think of is 'horn'. It is a type of ship equipment, so why not be able to say it?

Petty Officer
Jun 06, 2009
82
As we can't say numbers because of phone numbers and other privacy issues, menu chat should be able to say "i have to defeat x more" and "i have to collect x more" or something related. It's easy to use words that sound like numbers with some numbers, but what in the world am I supposed to say for seven or more than ten??? We need some way to say the number of battles remaining, and with the privacy issues of numbers menu chat seems like the best way to do it.
-Brave Samantha Nightingale lvl 65
-Stormy Nikita Nightingale lvl 48
-Sneaky Sarai Nightingale lvl 12

Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2013
68
Matey. Also Yo-ho-ho. I suggested the latter via email and got a positive response, so it may be coming.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9332
The Fire Buccaneer on Dec 20, 2014 wrote:
As we can't say numbers because of phone numbers and other privacy issues, menu chat should be able to say "i have to defeat x more" and "i have to collect x more" or something related. It's easy to use words that sound like numbers with some numbers, but what in the world am I supposed to say for seven or more than ten??? We need some way to say the number of battles remaining, and with the privacy issues of numbers menu chat seems like the best way to do it.
-Brave Samantha Nightingale lvl 65
-Stormy Nikita Nightingale lvl 48
-Sneaky Sarai Nightingale lvl 12
Many players have found a way to get around the numbers issue. Talk to your friends to find out how they do it.
Or you can say "I have a few more to do."

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
962
Why is Pet Wrangling Yellow in regular char? I tried Pet Wranglin' with the same result.

Also, I would like something like the following added to restricted chat:
No Gold for morphing
Morphing Timer is on

Commodore
May 31, 2009
873
'Banditoad'. I find it odd that we can say 'banditoads' but not 'banditoad'.

'Gah', to express disgust or surprise.

'Zelda'. I am a fan of Legend of Zelda (otherwise I wouldn't mention this) and it is odd to say 'sell doh'.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
234
In Wizard101 you could say "Pokemon"

Commodore
May 31, 2009
873
Lags (ex- My game lags when there are a lot of people in the Skyway.)
Glitches, glitched
Precarious

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
882
how about:
bus
ant
pi
pancake
phone (i see the problem but you can make it red when you say phone number)

Petty Officer
Apr 15, 2010
83
I think you should be allowed to say 'Peter' seeing as how it is a name of a companion.
I would also like for a few faces to be added such as
::::) (It's a spider... because it has eight eyes) ::::(
:o) (Heh it has a nose) :o(
Also, I think that the following phrases should be added to menu chat.

1 Don't attack that enemy
2 My friends list is full, let me clear a spot.
3 Wait a minute I need to use a potion.
4 Wait a minute I need to refill my potion.
5 I'll be right back!
6 Flee and rejoin the fight.
7 Don't heal me, heal my companion.
8 Please clear a spot for one of my companions if you could.
9 Wow purple, your the coolest pirate I've ever met and I would be honored to be one of your friends. Also did you know your pets are possibly the coolest ones in the game?
10 Why thank you young pirate grandpa purple always loves to help.

Finally let's say you have menu chat or have a menu chat friend. I would really like a way to hot key phrases so said person does not have to dig through menu chat struggling to find the best way to respond in the middle of a battle.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
607
sparticus32 on Jan 1, 2015 wrote:
how about:
bus
ant
pi
pancake
phone (i see the problem but you can make it red when you say phone number)
Also, tau.You can't allow Pi without allowing Tau.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
873
A quick "You're welcome!" in Menu Chat during battles would be nice.

Petty Officer
Jun 16, 2012
96
Ran into a snag last night helping a player with no text chat. They kept porting to where they needed a battle fought and saying for me to port to them. Which ordinarily would be great. But... they weren't allowing friends to port. It seems there is a privacy setting that will block any friends from porting to you. I chased him all around cool ranch and all I could say is "It wouldn't let me teleport to ye!". I so wanted a phrase, unlock your port to friends so I can! - however you could word that.

Another name that you can't say that I wish you could. Pet ablility Get Chummy is one of my favorite attacks. Often whoever I am playing with will watch and ask what the heck was that?! And I can't tell them.

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
228
To make menu chat less of a problem, please please please, when starting the game, tell or ask the player about text chat and if they want to enable it or not. In wiz101, I did not know about text chat until I was around level 40! It was soooo helpful in the game for communicating with others! At least let more players know it exists!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9332
Just Another Pirat... on Jan 18, 2015 wrote:
Ran into a snag last night helping a player with no text chat. They kept porting to where they needed a battle fought and saying for me to port to them. Which ordinarily would be great. But... they weren't allowing friends to port. It seems there is a privacy setting that will block any friends from porting to you. I chased him all around cool ranch and all I could say is "It wouldn't let me teleport to ye!". I so wanted a phrase, unlock your port to friends so I can! - however you could word that.

Another name that you can't say that I wish you could. Pet ablility Get Chummy is one of my favorite attacks. Often whoever I am playing with will watch and ask what the heck was that?! And I can't tell them.
We can't say "sugar", Sugar is one of my pet's name! How ridiculous is it to say "su grrr" ?

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
962
MistyDragon13 on Jan 2, 2015 wrote:
A quick "You're welcome!" in Menu Chat during battles would be nice.
It's not necessarily quick, but there is a "you're welcome" in the battle/happy menu (select battle first and then select happy).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9332
MistyDragon13 on Jan 2, 2015 wrote:
A quick "You're welcome!" in Menu Chat during battles would be nice.
"You're Welcome!" is there, but why KI decided to hide it under the Battle/Happy category is confusing to me...

1