Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Witchdoctor Companion Improvements

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 11, 2008
Witchdoctor companions are currently underpowered when compared to companions of other classes. Below are my suggestions to give Witchdoctor companions more power when in combat.
Remove the "Fizzle." This is not Wizard101, Witchdoctors are not wizards, and, regardless of whether true or not, the "Fizzle" creates the impression that Witchdoctors must pass two accuracy barriers--the "Fizzle" and the oppoent's dodge--in order to get a hit in. Witchdoctor companions should simply have their accuracy matched against the oppoent's dodge, like any other class does.Witchdoctor companions currently have nothing to make up for their low amount of health, damage, accuracy, dodge, and range. They need to be buffed in one or more of these areas.Most Witchdoctor companions cannot train Mojo Rising. This is a major disadvantage when compared to all other classes, which can train either Bladestorm or Double Tap is most cases, and rips from Witchdoctors the ability to have chain hits. Make Mojo Rising trainable on more Witchdoctor companions, especially major ones such as Old Scratch, Mormo, and Carcarius.Give Witchdoctors a Guaranteed Critical Strike card. Witchdoctor companions currently only have spells or summons, which cannot activate epic talents such as Relentless. This is a major disadvantage considering one must sacrifice the opportunity for a chain of hits in exchange for a single spell.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Privateer on May 1, 2016 wrote:
Witchdoctor companions are currently underpowered when compared to companions of other classes. Below are my suggestions to give Witchdoctor companions more power when in combat.
Remove the "Fizzle." This is not Wizard101, Witchdoctors are not wizards, and, regardless of whether true or not, the "Fizzle" creates the impression that Witchdoctors must pass two accuracy barriers--the "Fizzle" and the oppoent's dodge--in order to get a hit in. Witchdoctor companions should simply have their accuracy matched against the oppoent's dodge, like any other class does.Witchdoctor companions currently have nothing to make up for their low amount of health, damage, accuracy, dodge, and range. They need to be buffed in one or more of these areas.Most Witchdoctor companions cannot train Mojo Rising. This is a major disadvantage when compared to all other classes, which can train either Bladestorm or Double Tap is most cases, and rips from Witchdoctors the ability to have chain hits. Make Mojo Rising trainable on more Witchdoctor companions, especially major ones such as Old Scratch, Mormo, and Carcarius.Give Witchdoctors a Guaranteed Critical Strike card. Witchdoctor companions currently only have spells or summons, which cannot activate epic talents such as Relentless. This is a major disadvantage considering one must sacrifice the opportunity for a chain of hits in exchange for a single spell.
Since the introduction of the improved Old Scratch, many players are complaining that he makes WDs and Privies OP. Making other companions on par with Old Scratch would imbalance the class.
"Fizzle" represents that your attack didn't go through - since I doubt that I can't either dodge or block magic; this shows the result of a magic attacks failure ( and this only applies to talent attacks & not a power card. )
Not all companions train the same talents and neither should WD class companions have access to all talents at the same time.
Why should WDs have a guaranteed critical attack when you have many power card attacks? And you have the ability to buff attacks.
"Witchdoctor companions currently have nothing to make up for their low amount of health, damage, accuracy, dodge and range."
Isn't that what your Juju series is for, as well as Old Scratch's buff?

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
I agree. You know, there was a time when the fizzle wasn't there, but now that it is, it greatly underpowers the witch doctors.

Petty Officer
Jun 19, 2014
2 things. 1st you are totally right, fizzle is unfair.
2nd witchdoctors can also have their attacks blocked, i know because it has happened to my mormo