Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Witch Doctor

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 04, 2009
When the witch doctor attacks with their staff, a lot of times they cast a green spell. But this fizzles so much. Does anyone think the chance to cast should be higher?

Ensign
Apr 21, 2009
Magic by nature is powerful but volatile and always has the chance to fizzle. Witchdoctors have staves that can hit multiple enemies at once with the potential to deal massive damage with the super and epic hits you mentioned. Since that potential damage is so high, it needs to be tempered with a fizzle chance so that, over time, the Witchdoctor's damage output stays in line with the other classes.

In short, it's a balance thing.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
I am a level 57 witchdoctor and the last time I frizzled was at level13 I believe. I think that the problem is that you are using aoe staffs. Staffs have a greater chance of frizzling. This is why I always use wands, not just for their low frizzle chance, but for their range. So, my tip is to use wands or a staffy/shooty weapon.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
You can always increase the chance of a spell hitting by increasing your Accuracy and the damage it does by increasing your Will. Usually, the only fizzles you get are when you are trying a direct attack instead of using one of the Powers/Talents you have.