Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who do you want promoted?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Feb 01, 2011
If you could pick the next three companions to be promoted, who would you pick (and maybe why)?

My pics are:

1) El Toro: He's a major player in your crew (lots of story dialog), and he only has one promotion so far...and...he's EL TORO! (blahblahblahblahblahblahblaaaaaaah!)

2) Old Scratch: Though he's already had three promotions, I put him on a level with Ratbeard and Bonnie Anne, having been with the crew from the very early levels.

3) Monkey King: Like El Toro, he has a good bit of story dialog, and he has no promotions to date.

...I know I said three, but these guys came close in my list: applicable starter companions (Kobe, etc.), Catbeard, Shiruku Neko (cat ninja), Gracie Conrad, and your applicable 'third' companions (Barnabus, etc.)

...and finally, anyone who hasn't had at least one promotion, even Crown Shop companions, though I guess that's being unrealistic.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
Goronado and Eep Op Ork Ah Ah - We had to defeat their Isle of Doom counterparts 25 times to unlock them and they were very expensive. They each deserve another epic talent, and need one more to be high up on my crew roster.

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
  1. Mustang Sally. Idk why.. I just want to do a promotion for her.
  2. Gracie Conrad. My favorite companion, and she is pretty smart considering what she said in Marleybone. I'm surprised she is only a JUNIOR engineer.
That is all.

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
1.sarah steele
2.old scratch.
3.lucky jack russel.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I am not going to list main-line quest companions, starting companions, etc. because I am confident they will be prompted as the game expands. So my list is pulled from the other companions, who so far there is no indication they will receive promotions.

Gorondao. Looks cool, and you have to go to a lot of work to be able to acquire him.

Mustang Sally. She fits nicely into the storyline alongside el Toro, but he is staying top-ranked through promotions, and she is falling behind. And I think that they need a synergistic bonus when they are both in a fight (perhaps a once-a-turn additional attack on an adjacent enemy if their spouse has just taken a hit).

After that, it is a three-way tie with the Monquistador trio - explorer, crossbowman, priest. Monkey crewman are just too cute to leave sitting on the backbench, but that's where they end up these days with only one promotion, and that way back at level 30. I would probably give a slight edge to the explorer, because I love his bow after taking down an opponent.

Again, I am ignoring characters like Catbeard, Gracie Conrad, el Toro, Subedai, etc. who I am confident will fairly regularly receive promotions. Also, since the question was about individuals I did not list two groups whose members I hope will see promotions as the game expands: the bundle companions and the Tribal Crew Pack companions.

-Indigo

Ensign
May 01, 2012
My top 3 would have to be...

1- Kraken Skulls Companions (Louis, Sarah, Emmet, Barnabus, Mormo)

2- Presidio Companions (Mike, Birgus, Jack, Milo, Gaspar)

3- Old Scratch

Old Scratch and the Kraken Skulls companions are far overdo for a promotion as I recall their last promotions being at level 35 (Scratch) and 37 (KS Companions), for crying out loud even the 7 promoted before them and we have had them WAY longer!

Ensign
Dec 20, 2008
galliard1 on Oct 30, 2013 wrote:
If you could pick the next three companions to be promoted, who would you pick (and maybe why)?

My pics are:

1) El Toro: He's a major player in your crew (lots of story dialog), and he only has one promotion so far...and...he's EL TORO! (blahblahblahblahblahblahblaaaaaaah!)

2) Old Scratch: Though he's already had three promotions, I put him on a level with Ratbeard and Bonnie Anne, having been with the crew from the very early levels.

3) Monkey King: Like El Toro, he has a good bit of story dialog, and he has no promotions to date.

...I know I said three, but these guys came close in my list: applicable starter companions (Kobe, etc.), Catbeard, Shiruku Neko (cat ninja), Gracie Conrad, and your applicable 'third' companions (Barnabus, etc.)

...and finally, anyone who hasn't had at least one promotion, even Crown Shop companions, though I guess that's being unrealistic.
nurse Quinn Froggo villa and El Toro that would be great