Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What's on the Menu? Pet Talk

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
So, I was going through the available Menu Chat options one day after morphing with some Menu Chatters. I decided to take a look at what they had available to communicate with others, regarding morphing requests and such. I did so because all I ever saw Menu Chatted from a player were, 'I like your pet' and 'Do you want to morph a pet together'.

Needless to say it was very tough trying to communicate as to which pet the menu chat only player wanted to morph with and to also use. So, I thought it would help to think of some phrases/menu chats to add to the Menu Chat, pet tab.

I realize that adding all of the species of pets to the Menu Chat, available options, would be adding quite a lot-- although that would be superb. But maybe some other options that could help an open chat player and menu chat player determine what to use to morph could be:

"Your currently equipped pet, please."
"Which pet should I use?"
"That pet"
"Can I see which pets you have?"
"Ok, I'll show you my pets"
"Which pet are you looking for?" (if we ever somehow could Menu Chat the actual pet types)
"Sorry, I can't morph right now"

Also some other menu chats that would be nice to see, regarding pets and morphing are:

"I'm waiting for my timer to reset"
"I need to make room in my pack"
"No, but thanks for asking" (not really strictly pet related, but would be nice to menu chat)
"Cute critter!"
"You don't have enough gold to morph"
"Morphing is awesome!"
"Sweet Mother of Morphs!" (ok, maybe not this one)
"It's a hybrid"
"From morphing two different pets"
"This hybrid can't reproduce itself"
"It has to be adult to morph"

I would love to hear any other ideas that maybe some Menu Chat players have (and text chatters as well), that would make morphing and communication with other players much easier.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 23, 2015 wrote:
So, I was going through the available Menu Chat options one day after morphing with some Menu Chatters. I decided to take a look at what they had available to communicate with others, regarding morphing requests and such. I did so because all I ever saw Menu Chatted from a player were, 'I like your pet' and 'Do you want to morph a pet together'.

Needless to say it was very tough trying to communicate as to which pet the menu chat only player wanted to morph with and to also use. So, I thought it would help to think of some phrases/menu chats to add to the Menu Chat, pet tab.

I realize that adding all of the species of pets to the Menu Chat, available options, would be adding quite a lot-- although that would be superb. But maybe some other options that could help an open chat player and menu chat player determine what to use to morph could be:

"Your currently equipped pet, please."
"Which pet should I use?"
"That pet"
"Can I see which pets you have?"
"Ok, I'll show you my pets"
"Which pet are you looking for?" (if we ever somehow could Menu Chat the actual pet types)
"Sorry, I can't morph right now"

Also some other menu chats that would be nice to see, regarding pets and morphing are:

"I'm waiting for my timer to reset"
"I need to make room in my pack"
"No, but thanks for asking" (not really strictly pet related, but would be nice to menu chat)
"Cute critter!"
"You don't have enough gold to morph"
"Morphing is awesome!"
"Sweet Mother of Morphs!" (ok, maybe not this one)
"It's a hybrid"
"From morphing two different pets"
"This hybrid can't reproduce itself"
"It has to be adult to morph"

I would love to hear any other ideas that maybe some Menu Chat players have (and text chatters as well), that would make morphing and communication with other players much easier.
"Hello, I'm Morph from Ork, nanu, nanu!" Sorry, couldn't help myself, Valkoor!
Those phrases are really very good and would make communicating with Menu Chat only players much easier, perhaps these phrases could only show when in the Morphing tent or Bestia?

Admiral
May 30, 2010
They are good phrases, and the idea of having them show up only in the morphing tent would be a good one. Well, some of them; the ones explaining that it's a hybrid or how to get it would be useful out in the skyways as well.

"I need to make room in my pack" would also work just outside the Tower of Moo Manchu.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 23, 2015 wrote:
"Hello, I'm Morph from Ork, nanu, nanu!" Sorry, couldn't help myself, Valkoor!
Those phrases are really very good and would make communicating with Menu Chat only players much easier, perhaps these phrases could only show when in the Morphing tent or Bestia?
HaHaHah! I love that show and pretty much anything with Mr. Williams in it-- he will be missed, for sure. I even made a joke about that a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away-- in a joke thread on these very boards. I think it went something like:

"What is a watermole spearman's favorite TV show?.....Mork & Mindy!" (you know Nanu Nanu) And then followed by a comment about how I was getting old.

The chats only showing up in the tent or Bestia is very interesting and maybe could be work. Or perhaps, there could just be a separate menu chat bubble option that appeared only after you clicked on the "Pets" option. It could just say "Morphing", then you could click on it and only then morphing related phrases would show up. That way they wouldn't clutter up the Menu Chat, tab menu-- but players could still access them and have the option to chat about morphing outside of the tent. I've run into a lot of Menu Chat players out in the Spiral that ask about an equipped pet and have questions about morphing and hybrids. So, to be able to answer them without actually going to the tent would be nice. But if they were just requesting a morph, I suppose you could just say "Let's go to Bestia" or "Let's go to the Morphing Tent", and then the "morphing" Menu Chat topics could show up.

But I think it would be right nice to be able to Menu Chat with players, about morphing, even outside of the tent. So, maybe the new morphing chats, inside a new morphing menu, inside of the current pet menu, inside of the Menu Chat menu would be the way to go....maybe, perhaps? Yikes, I just felt a little bit like "Morph from Ork!"

Nanu, Nanu!

Petty Officer
Feb 27, 2009
Back in Wizard101, my first character hit lvl 45 before my dad finally decided to unlock text chat for me. It was hard to talk, and rather confusing when someone told you: ...

Quentin Davenport, lvl 65

Marcus Davenport, lvl 22