For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

What's coming next.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 25, 2011
1
I am just wanting to check in with all Pirate101 members and KI.

I am super curious about what's next, when will this game will get an update. I personally am very excited for it. It's been a long time so maybe something good is coming!

Anyone have thoughts?

Administrator
Kayelz456 on Jul 16, 2020 wrote:
I am just wanting to check in with all Pirate101 members and KI.

I am super curious about what's next, when will this game will get an update. I personally am very excited for it. It's been a long time so maybe something good is coming!

Anyone have thoughts?
Hi Kayelz456, welcome to the forums!

Currently we're supporting the game through qol updates. Please see our latest producer's letter and let us know if you have any questions!

https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/producers_letter

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
2002
Bat Masterson on Jul 16, 2020 wrote:
Hi Kayelz456, welcome to the forums!

Currently we're supporting the game through qol updates. Please see our latest producer's letter and let us know if you have any questions!

https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/producers_letter
Hi Bat Masterson - we are all hoping for something a little more specific than reference to a year old Producer's Letter.

Can you confirm, or do you have to deny, that Pirate101 will get an update in October, to coincide with the 8th anniversary of the game's launch? You don't need to spill any particular beans, but if the "powers-that-be" could at least allow you to give this timeframe for our next QOL update, I think it would be awesome, and people might stop asking.


Administrator
Willowydream on Jul 16, 2020 wrote:
Hi Bat Masterson - we are all hoping for something a little more specific than reference to a year old Producer's Letter.

Can you confirm, or do you have to deny, that Pirate101 will get an update in October, to coincide with the 8th anniversary of the game's launch? You don't need to spill any particular beans, but if the "powers-that-be" could at least allow you to give this timeframe for our next QOL update, I think it would be awesome, and people might stop asking.

Pirate101 will not get a major update this year, sorry :(.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
2002
Bat Masterson on Jul 17, 2020 wrote:
Pirate101 will not get a major update this year, sorry :(.
Thank you for the honesty.


Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
153
Bat Masterson on Jul 17, 2020 wrote:
Pirate101 will not get a major update this year, sorry :(.
No QoL update either?

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
828
Bat Masterson on Jul 17, 2020 wrote:
Pirate101 will not get a major update this year, sorry :(.
'sigh' Same as the past three years, Bat... is this really the best Kingsisle can do?

Ensign
Aug 02, 2009
17
Bat Masterson on Jul 17, 2020 wrote:
Pirate101 will not get a major update this year, sorry :(.
Thank you for your honesty. This confirms that the only amount of effort that goes into Pirate101 is a monthly newsletter and your time spent answering our questions on here every now and then. I do not think I can pay for a membership to help keep the lights on in this game anymore. If the developers have no love or care for this game then why should I love and care for it? All hope is lost and I will never be able to look forward to waking up the next morning to hop on Pirate101 and quest with my friends in a brand new world. I remember when marleybone and aquila were finally released in live realm. Those were highlights of my memories with this game. I can never experience that type of passion for this game again because the developers gave up on it. This will forever impact my life, and I will cherish the memories I have from this game.

These are sad times to be a pirate

Ensign
Sep 03, 2010
14
Bat Masterson on Jul 17, 2020 wrote:
Pirate101 will not get a major update this year, sorry :(.
Great to know. But don't expect me to spend time or money on this game anymore, it's safe to say i can cancel my subscription now. It was a great game while it lasted. I appreciate your honesty. This game now can know peace.

Ensign
Oct 28, 2011
1
Bat Masterson on Jul 17, 2020 wrote:
Pirate101 will not get a major update this year, sorry :(.
This is really heartbreaking to hear. I am drawn to the word "major" though, are there any plans for Pirate101 this year or am I thinking wishfully?

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
253
Bat Masterson on Jul 17, 2020 wrote:
Pirate101 will not get a major update this year, sorry :(.
Why is KI so dead-set on avoiding Pirate101 like the plague? There's clearly a passionate and dedicated community and interest for the game so why is KI continuously choosing to ignore it simply because it's not Wizard101 or mobile games, the latter of which have consistently failed? Why does KI expect the fans to do all the work in promoting the game when they themselves refuse to do it? These are honest and legitimate questions that deserve honest legitimate answers.

Ensign
Oct 28, 2017
19
Can you give us a reason why? Is it because of money? ran out of ideas? I feel like we deserve an answer, in all honesty.

Ensign
Jan 01, 2019
1
if a ki staff is reading this please respond back

What's stopping you from getting new developers for pirate101's development?

Ensign
Jun 08, 2020
2
Bat Masterson on Jul 17, 2020 wrote:
Pirate101 will not get a major update this year, sorry :(.
I appreciate the honesty but can you answer as to why Kingsisle just pretends that Pirate101 doesn't exist? I already had a rousing suspicion that there would be no storyline update this year and was hoping 2021 would be the year we got anything, but I feel like even that seems unlikely.