Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What top players seem to be wanting

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
I've ran across quite a few players in the game that left Wizard101 after maxing out all character types there and then did the same thing in Pirate101. New worlds always tops the list on what they want to come out, but right up there is a good PvP match system. After communicating quite a bit with these people it has become clear that many of them have walked away from Wizard101 for good due to unbalanced PvP and a hope that Pirate101 will be more balanced in that area. With the new pack out that gives battle standards only to those with cash, these players seem to be saddened that PvP in this game will be even more imbalanced by cash purchases. Players would like to know when a rated PvP system should be out if at all.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
seasnake on Nov 23, 2013 wrote:
I've ran across quite a few players in the game that left Wizard101 after maxing out all character types there and then did the same thing in Pirate101. New worlds always tops the list on what they want to come out, but right up there is a good PvP match system. After communicating quite a bit with these people it has become clear that many of them have walked away from Wizard101 for good due to unbalanced PvP and a hope that Pirate101 will be more balanced in that area. With the new pack out that gives battle standards only to those with cash, these players seem to be saddened that PvP in this game will be even more imbalanced by cash purchases. Players would like to know when a rated PvP system should be out if at all.
I undestand your point. I was kind of worried about the introduction of the PvP battle standards, since I thought this feature could determine a glorious victory for those who have it and an unfair fight for those who dont, therefore ruin the game.

However after seeing the battle standard in action (I admit this was in the laybrinth, not a PvP Arena), I dont see it as much of a MAJOR advantage. The powers only apply for those who are adjacent to it. If they are not adjacent, the power does not take effect. One-Eyed Jack has also told me that if you destroy a battle standard, the opposition will suffer a negative impact (Idk what that is though).

I seem to agree with your PvP point of your view though. Unbalanced PvP in W101 and P101 can be there. I cant speak for W101 since i have not played it, but it is still unbalanced as of now in p101. In P101 PvP class overpowering and such do exist, however this is not KI's fault.

However PvP is new, and now we have seen that some classes are clearly stronger than the others. Players who already think PvP is perfect are completely wrong, nothing manmade can be perfect. Classes are overpowered in some areas and some spells maybe too overpowering. Ahem players who do complain about unbalanced PvP may complain for the right cause sometimes, rather that just emotional whining or anger. Like you seasnake, I talk to players of all classes and levels, and there seems to be common connections that make one class stronger than another. I wont say the overpowering points of one class over another as of now, since I dont want to offend anyone

Needless to say I am sure KI will make better updates in the future for PvP; they are a great company who strives to make P101 a good, fair and equal PvP based game. This is just an early stage for PvP, it will be more equal in the future :P

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
Golden Guardian on Nov 25, 2013 wrote:
I undestand your point. I was kind of worried about the introduction of the PvP battle standards, since I thought this feature could determine a glorious victory for those who have it and an unfair fight for those who dont, therefore ruin the game.

However after seeing the battle standard in action (I admit this was in the laybrinth, not a PvP Arena), I dont see it as much of a MAJOR advantage. The powers only apply for those who are adjacent to it. If they are not adjacent, the power does not take effect. One-Eyed Jack has also told me that if you destroy a battle standard, the opposition will suffer a negative impact (Idk what that is though).

I seem to agree with your PvP point of your view though. Unbalanced PvP in W101 and P101 can be there. I cant speak for W101 since i have not played it, but it is still unbalanced as of now in p101. In P101 PvP class overpowering and such do exist, however this is not KI's fault.

However PvP is new, and now we have seen that some classes are clearly stronger than the others. Players who already think PvP is perfect are completely wrong, nothing manmade can be perfect. Classes are overpowered in some areas and some spells maybe too overpowering. Ahem players who do complain about unbalanced PvP may complain for the right cause sometimes, rather that just emotional whining or anger. Like you seasnake, I talk to players of all classes and levels, and there seems to be common connections that make one class stronger than another. I wont say the overpowering points of one class over another as of now, since I dont want to offend anyone

Needless to say I am sure KI will make better updates in the future for PvP; they are a great company who strives to make P101 a good, fair and equal PvP based game. This is just an early stage for PvP, it will be more equal in the future :P
You really need ranked PvP to come out complete with ratings leader boards to see which character classes dominate the top positions over the other classes... in practice PvP you don't really know which classes truly are the best or not as people don't take matches very seriously and there are a lot of people doing a lot of different things. At current I have almost every class in the game at max level and I win against every class with each one of my classes as most players are just bad relative to me in PvP and how you control your companions is often more important than how you manage your character.

The battle standards probably aren't that bad, but it is the concept that the battle standards are supposed to give a large advantage to the team that has them in PvP and can only be obtained from cash and more specifically pack purchases that is appalling, especially when everyone is already paying to play the game. I don't mind so much that different companions can be had for cash and card or pack purchases, but when it comes down to game play dynamics such as special cards, special flags, etc., then PvP becomes an unbalanced cash game that isn't any fun on either side of larger matches as what is fun is balanced PvP play.

Lieutenant
Oct 01, 2010
I don't really see the Standards as anything game changing (you know what I mean). It brings about as much benefits as it does downsides. Once you knock down the Standard, your affected companions can't do anything. Nothing. Literally your just standing there idle for three rounds. I just sat there as people just spat my companions I do like the added accuracy and damage it provides though, and they are good, but unless you got enough companions to defend the Standard, let alone get it into enemy territory, then I don't think we have a reason to worry about it in PvP.