What kinds of Accessories would you like to see?

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5734
It appears some players don't like seeing their pirates with an eyepatch ( don't really blame them, though it doesn't bother me ). So what kinds of accessories would you like to see on your pirate? Earings have been suggested and they are traditional to the Golden Age of Piracy. So how about it matey?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5734
Let me list some ideas I've had for accessories, maybe some of you can vote on them?

A single Earing, very dashing and pirate-ty "I've got a cute earing, Mew!"

Tatoo/ Face paint, like Madam Vadima or Carcarious? Only for the daring!

Parrot on my shoulder, very RL Stevenson. For those who wish to follow Avery's style.

The El Toro mask, yes even you can have it!

So come on, let me hear from you!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
anecorbie on May 7, 2014 wrote:
Let me list some ideas I've had for accessories, maybe some of you can vote on them?

A single Earing, very dashing and pirate-ty "I've got a cute earing, Mew!"

Tatoo/ Face paint, like Madam Vadima or Carcarious? Only for the daring!

Parrot on my shoulder, very RL Stevenson. For those who wish to follow Avery's style.

The El Toro mask, yes even you can have it!

So come on, let me hear from you!
Ohhhhhhhh I love all of them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5734
I was in Cool Ranch and just thought of a couple of new ones!

The Free Ranger's Mask - "Who was that masked pirate?"

Bison War Paint

And a nod to "A Masked Ball in Padova" the ballroom mask ( somewhat like the gilding on the masks Armada Officers wear.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
anecorbie on May 11, 2014 wrote:
I was in Cool Ranch and just thought of a couple of new ones!

The Free Ranger's Mask - "Who was that masked pirate?"

Bison War Paint

And a nod to "A Masked Ball in Padova" the ballroom mask ( somewhat like the gilding on the masks Armada Officers wear.
Yup. yup, yup

Ensign
Nov 28, 2012
12
War paints, the superhero-type mask that El Toro and the Free Ranger wears are great ideas. Also in a similar vein as the ballroom mask, it would be cool to have a mask that resembles the one that the Phantom wears from The Phantom of the Opera.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
I would like to see necklaces (Charms) made from Cutthroat/Manticore teeth, Stingtail/Hornet stingers and Sky Squid beaks. Kind of like trophies we wear for our victories over those stubborn foes.....wearable spoils of war if you will.

I also would love to see Charms/necklaces for boy and girl pirates alike, made from intricately designed Scrimshaw and that are actually viewable in gameplay. Different worlds and locations could have their own uniquely distinctive designs that are indicative of that world's indigenous population. Maybe you could even have an interactive zoom-in screen to thoroughly 'inspect' and admire the artisans handiwork.

Nice idea for a thread, by the way....and great ideas too!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1190
I'd just like two hoop earrings... not very dramatic, perhaps, but I just love them on the one hat Anne has!

Petty Officer
Dec 05, 2009
58
anecorbie on May 7, 2014 wrote:
Let me list some ideas I've had for accessories, maybe some of you can vote on them?

A single Earing, very dashing and pirate-ty "I've got a cute earing, Mew!"

Tatoo/ Face paint, like Madam Vadima or Carcarious? Only for the daring!

Parrot on my shoulder, very RL Stevenson. For those who wish to follow Avery's style.

The El Toro mask, yes even you can have it!

So come on, let me hear from you!
These are all awesome! I love the face paint idea. They could go crazy with that. Also masks would be fun.

I would like to see more sunglasses, normal glasses, goggles and a monocle. Love to where a top hat and a monocle while piratin'

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5734
I love your feedback, Thank You!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
ValkoorTheVictorio... on May 13, 2014 wrote:
I would like to see necklaces (Charms) made from Cutthroat/Manticore teeth, Stingtail/Hornet stingers and Sky Squid beaks. Kind of like trophies we wear for our victories over those stubborn foes.....wearable spoils of war if you will.

I also would love to see Charms/necklaces for boy and girl pirates alike, made from intricately designed Scrimshaw and that are actually viewable in gameplay. Different worlds and locations could have their own uniquely distinctive designs that are indicative of that world's indigenous population. Maybe you could even have an interactive zoom-in screen to thoroughly 'inspect' and admire the artisans handiwork.

Nice idea for a thread, by the way....and great ideas too!
Ohhhhh, Scrimshaw What a perfectly seafaring thing. That is after all where they came from, sailors spending months at sea with nothing to do but read (if they even could) or carve scrimshaw. Those hours are the very reason they are so intricate and beautiful. Perhaps we could have scrimshaw produced from stormgate travels.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
474
What about neck/shoulder items? these include vests, coats, parrots, capes and etc.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5734
Got another idea for you guys to consider - what do you think of gloves/gauntlets?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
anecorbie on May 29, 2014 wrote:
Got another idea for you guys to consider - what do you think of gloves/gauntlets?
Now that would be a great idea....although Valkoor would sure have a fit having to remove and replace them when lacing up some of his more stylish Gear. But I do think that gloves and gauntlets would be a nice addition to our pirates' ensembles....plus they would help keep away the blisters, splinters and rope burn.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
1891
ValkoorTheVictorio... on May 29, 2014 wrote:
Now that would be a great idea....although Valkoor would sure have a fit having to remove and replace them when lacing up some of his more stylish Gear. But I do think that gloves and gauntlets would be a nice addition to our pirates' ensembles....plus they would help keep away the blisters, splinters and rope burn.
I'm sure many Pirates back in their day had hand gloves/gauntlets. I had thought of that to happen. They would have to make another accessory slot for those, but I agree that we should have those. It would be great to have them, not because of the splinters, blisters, rope burn and any possible cuts, but we may get another increase in stats, health and damage power. They just made a new accessory slot for eye patches, so, why not have another for hand gloves/gauntlets? They would be great to have.

Captain
May 16, 2011
553
Have any of you ever seen a Doctor Who episode called "The Girl in the Fireplace"? I'd like a mask similar to the ones the clockworks in that episode wear.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
Trimond297 on Jun 4, 2014 wrote:
I'm sure many Pirates back in their day had hand gloves/gauntlets. I had thought of that to happen. They would have to make another accessory slot for those, but I agree that we should have those. It would be great to have them, not because of the splinters, blisters, rope burn and any possible cuts, but we may get another increase in stats, health and damage power. They just made a new accessory slot for eye patches, so, why not have another for hand gloves/gauntlets? They would be great to have.
I agree Trimond, they sure would be a nice addition to our pirates gear slots. And you are so right, the benefits of our pirates' stats being increased would be the real prize there...I was only being goofy about the other stuff. Gloves/Gauntlets sure would be nice addition and one that would make sense. Even though we are pirates, we do wear a lot of Gladiator, Centurion, Warrior and other class outfits and gear, so gauntlets would fit right in to those ensembles. And the gloves would sure be fitting of Rogues, Mages, Archers, Thieves, Adventurer and those types of classes...in which we also equip our pirates in gear from those classes.

So what do you say KI? Should we keep our swords and corselets crossed and hope to one day see a glove/gauntlet gear slot?

Ensign
Sep 15, 2009
15
How about fin dorsal's googles, they would be amazing as an accessory.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5734
The Sharknado on Jun 11, 2014 wrote:
How about fin dorsal's googles, they would be amazing as an accessory.
Indeed they would!