Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

what if.....

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Jul 08, 2013
like in wizard101 they could like teleport to the center of the world but everytime we would still have our porter still on skull island why can't we just teleport to a imporant place in a other world?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
warrior021u on Feb 6, 2015 wrote:
like in wizard101 they could like teleport to the center of the world but everytime we would still have our porter still on skull island why can't we just teleport to a imporant place in a other world?
We're not wizards, we're pirates. To teleport requires a Spiral Key to go to each world. We get to sail to distant worlds first ( and a very beautiful journey this is ). We get to see the Spiral and how the worlds are connected in their passages, I feel sorry for wizards, as they have to look at a map to see this.
If you have membership you can use a transportalater to teleport ( for gold ) to worlds you have already visited.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
What if the wizards learn of our hoo-doo?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
May 30, 2010
anecorbie on Feb 6, 2015 wrote:
We're not wizards, we're pirates. To teleport requires a Spiral Key to go to each world. We get to sail to distant worlds first ( and a very beautiful journey this is ). We get to see the Spiral and how the worlds are connected in their passages, I feel sorry for wizards, as they have to look at a map to see this.
If you have membership you can use a transportalater to teleport ( for gold ) to worlds you have already visited.
Well, to teleport to worlds you've already visited through legit channels. Porting to someone to help them unlock a group plunder chest when you're not that far into the story line won't open up the transportalater (as it shouldn't). Just as low-level wizards are a hazard in the higher areas of W101 (please don't join in my battle when I'm near max in Bugopolis and you're 20th level), we don't want to see any pirates hopelessly outclassed in battles in Marleybone or Aquila.

You can port to the nearest life fountain. That gets you close enough to a dock to sail to the next skyway. You can transportalate conveniently among the various worlds. And you can use the stagecoach to deal with the interminable backing and forthing in Cool Ranch, which has perhaps the most annoying quests (but some very pretty skyways the first fifteen times you see them) in the Spiral.

Ensign
Jan 31, 2015
anecorbie on Feb 6, 2015 wrote:
Having played wizard for over 4 years, and just starting Pirates, I totally agree. I find the setup in Pirates to be much better. I haven't bothered with the transporter yet, but think it's a great idea.

-Faithful Isabella Ivey
Level 23 Witchdoctor

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
If I may clarify wizards and pirates have different ways to travel around the spiral.

Wizards have magical powers and do teleport from one world of the spiral to the other. They use magical keys to open magical doors. Lucky for wizards traveling around the spiral is a snap.

Pirates on the other hand typically don't have magic powers and have ships. That's is why as pirates we sail our floating ship from one world of the spiral to the next. In my opinon pirates tend to travel in a more relaxed paced. Pirates use wind stones to sail the magic wind lane or more like the cosmic wind lane.

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
RavenLady7773 on Feb 7, 2015 wrote:
Having played wizard for over 4 years, and just starting Pirates, I totally agree. I find the setup in Pirates to be much better. I haven't bothered with the transporter yet, but think it's a great idea.

-Faithful Isabella Ivey
Level 23 Witchdoctor
This is a little off topic but raven lady, I remember you so well from the wiz101 message boards. Well then, have fun on pirate!