Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What could P101 do better in your opinion???

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
P101 have had a really time so far, but what do you think P101 should have done better at? Please don't offend KI in your post btw! Here are my views:

1.) Release Marleybone and Aquila separately. As exciting as a double world release was, it finished too quickly and many pirates feel a bit bored now. My idea would have been to introduce Marley Bone around 5-6 months ago, and Aquila 1-2 months ago, to not have such a long break between worlds. This would also be a perfect time to analyze what went wrong in Marleybone for some bugs/classes/companions and improve it once Aquila was released.

2.) In the future there should be more class-specific spells that cant be farmed for. I agree that mixing other classes talents for your pirate is fun, but it should be done at a certain extent.

3.) More online bundles! Its hard when you live in another country on the other side of the world to get bundles only available in USA-Canada.

Once again feel free to share your ideas, but keep your posts non-offensive to KI pls!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Golden Guardian on Jan 2, 2014 wrote:
P101 have had a really time so far, but what do you think P101 should have done better at? Please don't offend KI in your post btw! Here are my views:

1.) Release Marleybone and Aquila separately. As exciting as a double world release was, it finished too quickly and many pirates feel a bit bored now. My idea would have been to introduce Marley Bone around 5-6 months ago, and Aquila 1-2 months ago, to not have such a long break between worlds. This would also be a perfect time to analyze what went wrong in Marleybone for some bugs/classes/companions and improve it once Aquila was released.

2.) In the future there should be more class-specific spells that cant be farmed for. I agree that mixing other classes talents for your pirate is fun, but it should be done at a certain extent.

3.) More online bundles! Its hard when you live in another country on the other side of the world to get bundles only available in USA-Canada.

Once again feel free to share your ideas, but keep your posts non-offensive to KI pls!
I agree with you and feel your 'pain' as far as the bundles go. I thought about how that it must be hard for players in other countries to not have access to purchasing bundles. Many complain about having to drive 30 minutes to the nearest available GameStop to buy the Empire Bundle but I guess at least they have that option. Certainly a tiny bit further for you and others in far away lands.

As for the post, I think KI has done a great job so far but along with many others, I would like to see another card pack released in the crown shop. And along those lines I would like to see less housing items (or at least more variety) in the packs along with a greater chance of receiving a companion. I have spent a King's Ransom of crowns on the tribal pack with an overflow of duplicated housing items and no signs of a companion. But I understand that it is random and is one of the ways that KI funds production of their amazing game.

Just my thoughts though.

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
I think we need to focus on balancing classes in pvp. It's obvious that privateers are dominating, and if there's ranked pvp you might as well stop whatever class you have and make a Privateer.
There's something about this game that's really pleasing. I think this is a much better game than Wizard101, and I love the whole "companions arguing with each other" thing. I don't know what they could do to improve, maybe just release new content faster? Really, they're doing a great job and I cant really ask for more .

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Also, I think that they could take the pointy object out of Lo Pan's hat when players receive it. I must say that my pirate looks rather comical with nice boots, a great outfit and an amazing looking hat with a stick or giant thorn or dirty unicorn horn sticking out the sides. How can I expect any enemy to take my pirate serious in battle or pose a formidable threat to the Armada looking that way. Certainly a bit of a weird request but one I would like to see changed nontheless.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
One more while I'm at it. I know that it has been brought up before but I would love for my pirate to be able to control the movement of any pet that shows up in battle. Many times the pet blocks my pirate from executing a great attacking move or interferes with other strategies I would like to employ in battle. Some obedience school with Kobe would sure do those pets some good.

But seriously being able to move and control our pets in battle would make it so much easier when it comes to planning strategies and would be a very welcomed addition.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 4, 2014 wrote:
Also, I think that they could take the pointy object out of Lo Pan's hat when players receive it. I must say that my pirate looks rather comical with nice boots, a great outfit and an amazing looking hat with a stick or giant thorn or dirty unicorn horn sticking out the sides. How can I expect any enemy to take my pirate serious in battle or pose a formidable threat to the Armada looking that way. Certainly a bit of a weird request but one I would like to see changed nontheless.
I will second you on this one. I have the whole outfit and I thought, at first, it looked so imposing and Witchdoctory until I noticed the stick. It really looks a bit goofy to me too. I have no idea what it is for and it only reminds me of the arrow sctick or that I have another headache. I quit wearing my cool outfit just because of that stick. Yea, I would love to have that thorn pulled. Do we have any Androcles digital taylors out there?