Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Weapons need to be redone for multi-classing

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 22, 2016
13
At the highest level weapons are done correctly for multi-classing as duel weapon types go off of the characters primary stat. That is to say at max level shooty staffy weapon will boost off of will for a privateer or witchdoctor but will boost from agility for a musketeer or swashbuckler. The problem is that none of the lower level weapons do the same. If you want to make a staffy slashy swashbuckler you can forget about combination entirely unless you restat the character at max level. Staffy slashy is only will based at the lower levels, not strength based when used by a buccaneer. The more weapon choices/options players have available to them, the more multi-class character types they can create and the more they are willing to pick up additional accounts to be able to make such combination pirates. Though it would be nice if we could expand the number of pirates we can have on a single account rather than having to have multiple accounts to play different multi-classes (a character slot expansion potion would allow this). My other complaints on multi-classing include: 1. current approach spells such as overwatch, and redied don't seem to trigger when one of the weapons is melee, redied likes to go off when stuff is around two spaces away and never seems to go off when they move a single space next to you; 2. heavy armors of any use at all are class specific, if I spend a point to be able to equip heavy armor then I want to be able to use all of the heavy armors regardless of class, or what is the point of the point spent into it?

All changes mentioned should be easy fixes to program in, but would add a lot to the game as several combinations of multi-classing is currently possible, so why not enable the game so that all multi-classing mixes are playable?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9466
spittingsea on Jan 22, 2017 wrote:
At the highest level weapons are done correctly for multi-classing as duel weapon types go off of the characters primary stat. That is to say at max level shooty staffy weapon will boost off of will for a privateer or witchdoctor but will boost from agility for a musketeer or swashbuckler. The problem is that none of the lower level weapons do the same. If you want to make a staffy slashy swashbuckler you can forget about combination entirely unless you restat the character at max level. Staffy slashy is only will based at the lower levels, not strength based when used by a buccaneer. The more weapon choices/options players have available to them, the more multi-class character types they can create and the more they are willing to pick up additional accounts to be able to make such combination pirates. Though it would be nice if we could expand the number of pirates we can have on a single account rather than having to have multiple accounts to play different multi-classes (a character slot expansion potion would allow this). My other complaints on multi-classing include: 1. current approach spells such as overwatch, and redied don't seem to trigger when one of the weapons is melee, redied likes to go off when stuff is around two spaces away and never seems to go off when they move a single space next to you; 2. heavy armors of any use at all are class specific, if I spend a point to be able to equip heavy armor then I want to be able to use all of the heavy armors regardless of class, or what is the point of the point spent into it?

All changes mentioned should be easy fixes to program in, but would add a lot to the game as several combinations of multi-classing is currently possible, so why not enable the game so that all multi-classing mixes are playable?
Do you realize the work that would require KI programmers to go back and retool all those weapons from level 5 to level 65?
Let them keep on the work they're doing going forward for the updates everyone needs. You can still buy the Ashes of the Armada pack at any level and get one of the new multi-class weapons.

Ensign
Dec 22, 2016
13
anecorbie on Jan 23, 2017 wrote:
Do you realize the work that would require KI programmers to go back and retool all those weapons from level 5 to level 65?
Let them keep on the work they're doing going forward for the updates everyone needs. You can still buy the Ashes of the Armada pack at any level and get one of the new multi-class weapons.
well over the years they sure haven't spent much of any of it coming out with new chapters, they retool things a lot but so much that should work they haven't fixed... if we can multiclass we should be allowed to actually do so with functional weapons

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9466
spittingsea on Feb 4, 2017 wrote:
well over the years they sure haven't spent much of any of it coming out with new chapters, they retool things a lot but so much that should work they haven't fixed... if we can multiclass we should be allowed to actually do so with functional weapons
This hasn't stopped my secondary buckler, who I've trained as a buckler/musket and is using the Marrozzo Arms.