Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

WASTE OF CROWNS!

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011
I just might ask for a refund!!!

When I buy a crown chest I get items that only privateers an buccaneers can use! I think this is unfair considering i spent like 250 crowns on the chest total! So can you change this? please?
This has happened to me several times

Zane 64

THANKS

Community Leader
MightySwashbuckler... on Jun 26, 2013 wrote:

When I buy a crown chest I get items that only privateers an buccaneers can use! I think this is unfair considering i spent like 250 crowns on the chest total! So can you change this? please?

Zane 64

THANKS
An interesting thought. Would you pay more if you were guaranteed to get a drop for your class? As it is, it's spending money to save time: opening that chest with crowns is the same as fighting the boss again, so the drop will always be random. But how many crowns would you pay to make it not so random?

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Administrator
MightySwashbuckler... on Jun 26, 2013 wrote:

Zane 64

THANKS
From the update notes: "Have you ever battled your way through a tough dungeon, only to be disappointed that you didn't receive the reward you were hoping for at the end? Our pirates can now pay a small Crowns fee to get a second chance at what's in the boss’s treasure trove!

Some final boss encounters will contain a chest in the room that offers a second chance to find the item they wanted. Simply use the chest that appears after your initial duel, pay a few Crowns, and you are given a second chance at the exact same rewards the boss drops normally.

Each time you use the chest, the price will increase. There's no guarantee you will receive the item you had hoped, these are Second Chance chests, and nothing in life is guaranteed."

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011
One-Eyed Jack on Jun 27, 2013 wrote:
From the update notes: "Have you ever battled your way through a tough dungeon, only to be disappointed that you didn't receive the reward you were hoping for at the end? Our pirates can now pay a small Crowns fee to get a second chance at what's in the boss’s treasure trove!

Some final boss encounters will contain a chest in the room that offers a second chance to find the item they wanted. Simply use the chest that appears after your initial duel, pay a few Crowns, and you are given a second chance at the exact same rewards the boss drops normally.

Each time you use the chest, the price will increase. There's no guarantee you will receive the item you had hoped, these are Second Chance chests, and nothing in life is guaranteed."
Oh alright you got me... Now can you ask the game designer to check out my post about the swashbuckler house?

However what I was TRYING to say that it's ALWAYS privateer and buccaneer

[ sry the house thing is off topic ]

Zane

Ensign
Dec 27, 2008
Second chance chests are totally optional. In a way, you could consider the second chance chests as a way to farm without fighting. You can pile up on the loot without having to fight for it. This is a convenience that is given to the player to try to obtain what they are looking with a small price attached. If you don't want to spend the Crowns, then you can always go back through and redo the instance you were in to try to obtain what you are looking for.

As long as the items are not marked "No Trade", you can always create another Pirate and give the items to them. Some of the boss drops are great, might as well take advantage of them if they are dropped.

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
wow i dumped 30k in sato's chest and did not get what i wanted - also dumped 30k into bishops chest with the same result. at least in p101 you can re run the instance to reset the crown box to 50. in w101 you cant

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
masterryan1969 on Jun 28, 2013 wrote:
wow i dumped 30k in sato's chest and did not get what i wanted - also dumped 30k into bishops chest with the same result. at least in p101 you can re run the instance to reset the crown box to 50. in w101 you cant
Really? I did not know that. Wow